ADVERTISEMENT

OT: KU Campus flies defaced American Flag

Question. What’s more of an issue in your opinion, systemic racism, or an art project where a flag was desecrated?
Both go against the values that Americans are supposed to hold true.

Your question is nothing short of a trap. If he doesn't say systemic racism, he (like Bush) doesn't give a shit about black people. But if he doesn't say the flag being desecrated, he is a hypocrite because he is so worked up over something he doesn't even consider his top issue.

My issue with this question is that I don't see where race is a necessary part of this conversation.

There has to be a liberal play book. Has to be.

Reactions: treyforuk

Your question is nothing short of a trap. If he doesn't say systemic racism, he (like Bush) doesn't give a shit about black people. But if he doesn't say the flag being desecrated, he is a hypocrite because he is so worked up over something he doesn't even consider his top issue.

My issue with this question is that I don't see where race is a necessary part of this conversation.

Your conservative playbook seems to already be in print. Did you need to rush to answer his question? If he’s a big boy he can answer it. It was merely a question, you saying it is irrelevant doesn’t mean much to me, because I do think it’s relevant. See how that works?

Your conservative playbook seems to already be in print. Did you need to rush to answer his question? If he’s a big boy he can answer it. It was merely a question, you saying it is irrelevant doesn’t mean much to me, because I do think it’s relevant. See how that works?
I didn't say it was irrelevant. I said it was a trap. And you know it is. Both issues are relevant individually, but have no business being pinned against each other. Especially in this context.

Reactions: treyforuk
What's irrelevant is arguing endlessly over the "pussy grab" story.
Not when he continues to make comments in the same vein. Just last week in Montana, he made fun of the "#metoo" movement as mere oversensitivity. He hired Bill Shine last month. It just goes on and on.

Systemic racism is a perfect example of an issue that divides us and where America is falling short of the values we're supposed to hold dear.

If he doesn't say systemic racism, his priorities are way out of whack. That's not a trap anyone set for you; that's beating yourself to death with a first aid kit.

If the argument were bleu cheese or ranch and he brought up systemic racism, it's an irrelevant addition. When we're talking about criticism of America, it isn't.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Systemic racism is a perfect example of an issue that divides us and where America is falling short of the values we're supposed to hold dear.

If he doesn't say systemic racism, his priorities are way out of whack. That's not a trap anyone set for you; that's beating yourself to death with a first aid kit.

If the argument were bleu cheese or ranch and he brought up systemic racism, it's an irrelevant addition. When we're talking about criticism of America, it isn't.
You are talking to me today, huh?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
giphy.gif

It’s Friday folks. If this doesn’t make you smile you’re doing it all wrong.

I cant get that worked up over a piece of art. Once it becomes art, stuff falls under a different set of rules, IMO. Of course, you can still be personally offended by it, but I don’t find this personally offensive, like a shit covered flag might be. In the end, a flag is just a symbol of the nation and the people... those are what truly matter. I’m not that big on symbolism... the issue with being a rather practical, logical person.

Question. What’s more of an issue in your opinion, systemic racism, or an art project where a flag was desecrated?

You hit the nail on the head and is the reason I didn't answer it.

I didn't bother answering it because it's a stupid question. The two things have nothing to do with each other. Both issues are things I hope never happens. Next are you going to ask me which of my kids I love the most?

Its 2 completely different questions and its stupid to ask it like that. Both issues I would hope one day would stop. Why do I have to pick which one? My brother died for that flag and I still see my niece and his youngest child cry everytime she hears the national anthem .so why do I need to pick ?

I already said how I feel....I do t like it and I think its disgusting that someone would care so little when my brother was willing to give his life for it. But I also accept that he also fought for that person to be able to do that. So I'll support their right to do it.

I didn't bother answering it because it's a stupid question. The two things have nothing to do with each other. Both issues are things I hope never happens. Next are you going to ask me which of my kids I love the most?
So it’s stupid and irrelevant, got it. You answered my question without even trying, my dear man!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
So it’s stupid and irrelevant, got it. You answered my question without even trying, my dear man!

Thank you....I'm thankful you appreciated my desire for both issues to never happen.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
Its 2 completely different questions and its stupid to ask it like that. Both issues I would hope one day would stop. Why do I have to pick which one? My brother died for that flag and I still see my niece and his youngest child cry everytime she hears the national anthem .so why do I need to pick ?

I already said how I feel....I do t like it and I think its disgusting that someone would care so little when my brother was willing to give his life for it. But I also accept that he also fought for that person to be able to do that. So I'll support their right to do it.
FYI, as someone who spends 40+ hours a week with the miltary, some of those who are close friends... they dont serve the flag. They serve the country the flag represents.

PS sorry to hear about your brother. He's a hero.

FYI, as someone who spends 40+ hours a week with the miltary, some of those who are close friends... they dont serve the flag. They serve the country the flag represents.

PS sorry to hear about your brother. He's a hero.

I appreciate that.

But for a large portion of this country, that flag represents him and everyone else who died for this country. So to them, when someone does that, its being done to the thing that represents their sacrifice.

Well, it looks like you have a good personal case for going with answer choice C.

My condolences to you and your brother's family.

Reactions: jace46555
ADVERTISEMENT