ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Got into a physical altercation at my workplace this week

unc1012

Feb 16, 2018
Has anyone else had a physical altercation at their workplace before?

I've been working at the same Starbucks for 5 months now. A customer came in and ordered a Blonde Roast. One of the other Baristas accidentally made him a Pike Place Roast. The customer was furious and blamed me, as I took the original order. I politely asked him if we could make him a Blonde Roast at no charge. He then put his finger into my chest and said didn't have time to wait for us to fix our "f*** up". He then made an inappropriate comment about my gender. The customer then left the store with the Pike Place Roast.

I reported the incident to my manager, but he said there is nothing she could do as the customer had already left and the incident didn't rise to the level of a police report.

What should I do?

Edited. I am non-binary, but that should not affect how you view what happened.

Last edited:
Be thankful you aren’t a douche bag, be glad you don’t have to live with that guy, and move on. And if he comes back, tell your manager. Not much else to do.

I've been working at the same Starbucks for 5 months now. A customer came in and ordered a Blonde Roast. One of the other Baristas accidentally made him a Pike Place Roast. The customer was furious and blamed me, as I took the original order. I politely asked him if we could make him a Blonde Roast at no charge. He then put his finger into my chest and said didn't have time to wait for us to fix our "f*** up". He then made an inappropriate comment about my gender. The customer then left the store with the Pike Place Roast.

I reported the incident to my manager, but he said there is nothing she could do as the customer had already left and the incident didn't rise to the level of a police report.

What should I do?
Really

Which gender? Male or female? Those are the only two gender options because those are the only two genders.

What you should've done:

Male- (work somewhere other than Starbucks, but that's neither here nor there)
You should have sacked up and punched him in the neck, roll up your servers skirt, handed it to your boss and walked out of the joint like you were Mr. Starbuck himself.

Female- slap the fool then publicly shame him for claiming to be a man while frequenting a woman's establishment

What should I do?
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Me and Rex

What should I do?
Does your manager identify as a "she"? If not, you need some sensitivity training.

First thing is not be a snitch and actually handle it yourself.

The guy basically pointed at you. When you said physical altercation I was expecting a fist fight with someone having a broken nose.

I mean I went to starbucks last week and while holding the door open for this old lady, she slightly brushed against my elbow. I immediately ran to the nearest Police Station and reported the devastating assault.

Reactions: pisgah101
First thing is not be a snitch and actually handle it yourself.

The guy basically pointed at you. When you said physical altercation I was expecting a fist fight with someone having a broken nose.

I mean I went to starbucks last week and while holding the door open for this old lady, she slightly brushed against my elbow. I immediately ran to the nearest Police Station and reported the devastating assault.

Your response was more over the top than the original post.

What should I do?

Elaborate.

Getting poked isn't a physical altercation Laughing His behavior wasn't acceptable, but this is only an issue if you're a woman OP. If you're a dude then sack the **** up and quit crying.

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
Obviously you're female, because you broke up with your husband IIRC. I woulda kicked him in the junk if I were you.

ADVERTISEMENT