ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Albums you’re currently listening to.

That video was a game changer. I don't how many remember rap/hip hop on early MTV, media, radio, but them, Rick Ruben, and Beastie Boys drug rap into the suburbs.

Sorry to derail, i still bang the same old school rap i did as i was in HS. Sooooo much better than most of todays nonsense, most recent song i like

The mechanics are a solid current group as well, led by E-40 and a bunch of other west coast rappers.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Which video was a game changer @lurkeraspect84 the one u posted?

Beastie boys a little ahead of my time, although im familair with alot of their music never had any cds.

Last edited:
Trick daddy was a beast as well

But i cant have that last one without this tupac classic

Which video was a game changer @lurkeraspect84 the one u posted?
RunDMC. MTV changed completely. They were still playing a lot of songs and had stuff like The Young Ones on Friday nights, but after DMC, there was a shift for the better. Yo MTV Raps is stll underappreciated. Same with 120 minutes and Headbangers Ball.

Reactions: Villian07
When those shows came out, music was harder to come by. It turned fans on to music they've never heard.

I grew up in Podunk, graduated from Podunk U. Back then it was a couple radio stations (classic rock, classic country), Columbia House only did so much with pictures of album covers.

Since we on the subject, one of my favorite times in history of music is when the FCC allowed digital transmission. Then came Rock (first satellite by XM) and Roll (second satellite)

told a customer/kid at work a couple days ago "I'm older than Youtube". He had a hard time processing.

Alltime favorite concert, STP at Louisville Gardens. so many stories. First never call two cab service and pit them agains teach other. Most postive story, great friend met his wife of 20+ years at that show.

Last edited:
Lol I got bored of the Avett Brothers too. I haven’t been listening to many new bands. Beck, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Wilco, Dope Lemon, Nathaniel Rateliff, Cut Worms, Neil Young, and Colter Wall have been cycled through recently. Not sure if any of those will be your taste. What about you? Allah-Las and the Growlers have become a staple since we talked.
Been listening to some Colter Wall while working. Wouldn't have guessed I'd like it, but it's pretty good.

Still planning on checking out a couple others you listed.

Listening to the full Silk Sonic album. It slaps, just like anything with Bruno/Paak.

Been listening to some Colter Wall while working. Wouldn't have guessed I'd like it, but it's pretty good.

Yeah, I'm not a country guy in general, but I respect that he's not pop country and does his own thing.

Reactions: Toast.
My mom has been gone a little over 3 years now. I have so many triggers that bring up random memories. Songs, sports, just about anything. But this song really hits for me. Talks about a lot of beautiful moments in life, and how there is a special person missing. Great band.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Khruangbin is a band that I think you will like. Just finished their album The Universe Smiles Upon You, and it was an easy listen.

Khruangbin is a band that I think you will like. Just finished their album The Universe Smiles Upon You, and it was an easy listen.
Yep they’re good, I listed them in this thread actually.

Love to put them on while doing stuff like work or cooking.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Yep they’re good, I listed them in this thread actually.

Love to put them on while doing stuff like work or cooking.
Must have overlooked them. I'll check your post out again.

ADVERTISEMENT