ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Albums you’re currently listening to.

Like Cory I don't really to listen to albums but I have a giant playlist on Spotify I listen to occasionally.

Last 10 songs on there

Devil in a new dress - Kanye
Highwaymen - The Highwaymen
Lonely People - America
Just between you and me - Charlie Pride
Moment of truth - Gang Starr
Gold Watch - Lupe Fiasco
Drug Ballad - Eminem
Somebody to love - Queen
A change is gonna come - Sam Cooke
I wish it would rain - The Temptations

Like Cory I don't really to listen to albums but I have a giant playlist on Spotify I listen to occasionally.

Last 10 songs on there

Devil in a new dress - Kanye
Highwaymen - The Highwaymen
Lonely People - America
Just between you and me - Charlie Pride
Moment of truth - Gang Starr
Gold Watch - Lupe Fiasco
Drug Ballad - Eminem
Somebody to love - Queen
A change is gonna come - Sam Cooke
I wish it would rain - The Temptations
Gang Starr is so underrated. RIP.

Big War on Drugs fan. How do you like the new album?
I reserve the right to defer my final opinion until I can actually find the time to listen to the album all the way through. It’s been 10-15 min here and there while driving to and from the office. With that said, my initial reaction is very positive.

GREAT song. JCM is from Seymour, IN. Only about an hour away from Louisville.
I have a many of Seymour basketball games---live about an hour away. JCM used to attend some of the games----especially during sectionals/regionals. Its amazing how people just see him as "normal". Had the pleasure to talk with him a few times....Just so down to earth. Also, when I worked some exb games at IU, he was there. Cool dude.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I have a many of Seymour basketball games---live about an hour away. JCM used to attend some of the games----especially during sectionals/regionals. Its amazing how people just see him as "normal". Had the pleasure to talk with him a few times....Just so down to earth. Also, when I worked some exb games at IU, he was there. Cool dude.
Not to make this a JCM thread, but I met a guy once and shared my story, he said he was a huge fan and some girls and buddies of his went to his gate. I thought that was a litttle odd, but anyway, JCM came down and hung out with them, chatted, took pics, etcs.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Generally listen to playlists that are either heavy with Surf Rock (Allah-Lahs, Growlers, etc.) or Blues Rock stuff, but here are a couple albums I've been into recently, with some songs that I recommend trying if you want to get a taste of the music.
  • The Murlocs - Young Blindness
    • recommend "Rolling On"
  • Orions Belte - Mint
    • recommend "Joe Frazier" or "Moving Back Again"
  • Black Keys - Delta Kream
    • recommend "Louise"
    • note: thrilled they finally put out good music again
  • Khruangbin - Hasta El Cielo
    • recommend "Mary Always"
    • note: these guys are weird, but I love listening to them while working
  • Grateful Dead - Cornell 5/8/77
    • no real rec needed here since it's just an old live album, but always a huge fan of "Brown Eyed Women"

Last edited:
Big War on Drugs fan. How do you like the new album?
What else you been listening to recently? I believe we had a similar convo a while back in the B1G thread, and you liked some stuff I found interesting...along with some other stuff that bored the living shit out of me (Avett Brothers) lol

Not to make this a JCM thread, but I met a guy once and shared my story, he said he was a huge fan and some girls and buddies of his went to his gate. I thought that was a litttle odd, but anyway, JCM came down and hung out with them, chatted, took pics, etcs.
Very likeable dude...Just normal as ****

What else you been listening to recently? I believe we had a similar convo a while back in the B1G thread, and you liked some stuff I found interesting...along with some other stuff that bored the living shit out of me (Avett Brothers) lol
Lol I got bored of the Avett Brothers too. I haven’t been listening to many new bands. Beck, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Wilco, Dope Lemon, Nathaniel Rateliff, Cut Worms, Neil Young, and Colter Wall have been cycled through recently. Not sure if any of those will be your taste. What about you? Allah-Las and the Growlers have become a staple since we talked.

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
Lol I got bored of the Avett Brothers too. I haven’t been listening to many new bands. Beck, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Wilco, Dope Lemon, Nathaniel Rateliff, Cut Worms, Neil Young, and Colter Wall have been cycled through recently. Not sure if any of those will be your taste. What about you? Allah-Las and the Growlers have become a staple since we talked.
Haven’t heard of some of that, will check them out.

Been using discover weekly on Spotify to find some good songs for playlists, but struggling to new stuff where I can listen to full albums. Have started listening to some old stuff like Grateful Dead and the kinks a bit more.

Haven’t heard of some of that, will check them out.

Been using discover weekly on Spotify to find some good songs for playlists, but struggling to new stuff where I can listen to full albums. Have started listening to some old stuff like Grateful Dead and the kinks a bit more.
I used to comb my discover weekly pretty hard. I'd add each song I liked to a separate playlist and then explore their discography. Haven't done that as much recently. I listened to Grateful Dead all last summer. Had tickets to Dead and Co at Wrigley before it was cancelled due to the pandemic.

My buddy plays harmonica for Colter Wall.

I used to comb my discover weekly pretty hard. I'd add each song I liked to a separate playlist and then explore their discography. Haven't done that as much recently. I listened to Grateful Dead all last summer. Had tickets to Dead and Co at Wrigley before it was cancelled due to the pandemic.
I generally do something similar with discover weekly - I'll "like" the song on Spotify, then go check out that band's stuff. Just been in a bit of a lull lately.

Bummer on the cancellation. Have only been to one show since the pandemic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaycg15
Saw Shannon and the clams here in Chicago last week and they were awesome. Great Bay Area garage rock band.

Saw Shannon and the clams here in Chicago last week and they were awesome. Great Bay Area garage rock band.
They've popped up on a few of my radio stations. Definitely like a handful of their songs at least.

My buddy plays harmonica for Colter Wall.
That's awesome. I've listened to him for a few years. Have his albums on vinyl. I'm not a country guy, in general, but love his music.

Usually like rap remixes better than the origianl songs jist bc they came out when i was in HS and im a rap fan above all else although I like most genres

wasnt meaning they were better than the originals, i just liked them more bc i prefer rap and never was a big prince fan anyways, and not even sure who made the original walking in memphis, elvis? All before my time

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT