ADVERTISEMENT

Okay guys... lemme ask you all a question

I tell my son who has a pretty serious girlfriend "There's no rush. If she's the one she'll stick around. Get your feet under you first.".
I came really close to marrying my HS sweetheart. Fortunately I got in trouble with the law and broke up with her prior to going away for bit. TS.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I came really close to marrying my HS sweetheart. Fortunately I got in trouble with the law and broke up with her prior to going away for bit. TS.
It all plays out perfectly. I've got 6 kids . . . 2 from previous marriage, she had twins from hers, and we have 2 together. Oldest graduates college this year, youngest is in 1st grade.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It all plays out perfectly. I've got 6 kids . . . 2 from previous marriage, she had twins from hers, and we have 2 together. Oldest graduates college this year, youngest is in 1st grade.
I'm trying to wrap my mind around you having 6 kids.I only know you from on here, obviously, and dude, I'm chuckling a bit. Ah man, I know I would f up each and every kid I had if I ever had any. I mean that in the best way possible. I'm sure they'd have a great sense of humor.

Next time, I'm visiting my mom, I'm going to see if you want to meet up. You're one of my favorite posters. You're not too far from Campbellsville are you?

*My brother has 3 girls, and my BIL has 3 girls. We have them over 1 weekend a month, and used to have my brothers 3 girls for 2 week a year in the summer. That's changed now that they've gotten older and have a family of their own. My BIL girls are ages 4, 6, and 8. Everytime they leave I have to clean all the nail polish off my fingers and toes, and unbraid my beard. I will break out my GI Joes and He-Men dolls action figures and we play together. I like to line them up in football formations, but they prefer to have tea with She-ra and the cats. I'm pretty sure, Battle Cat hates that. The wife has cut of access to her Barbie's due to the youngest one breaking off their heads.

Going back through this thread, it's funny I'd rather play house with the nieces than have someone else over for a drink. Happy wife, happy life.

Last edited:
Well, I never said mine turned out perfect. jumpingsmile. I appreciate it, youre one of my favorites too! Let me know a little in advance and I'll see if we can make it happen. I'd like that. If your doing the nails, beard braid, etc., then you'd be a great dad. Take it from a guy with 5 girls/1 boy. :confused:

Well, I never said mine turned out perfect. jumpingsmile. I appreciate it, youre one of my favorites too! Let me know a little in advance and I'll see if we can make it happen. I'd like that. If your doing the nails, beard braid, etc., then you'd be a great dad. Take it from a guy with 5 girls/1 boy. :confused:
Thanks, that's very kind of you to say, but I'm rarely very certain about somethings, but I'm 100 about is, I'll never have children of my own. I'm 44, the wife is 38, and neither of us has any interest at all. We have thoughts of them being a burden at our age, and yeah, that isn't the mindset to have.

We're both very selfish with our "freedom" and again, that's not the mindset of someone wanting to have children.

I'm not saying all children are boat anchors, but ours would be.

Jesus dude. I’m sitting here thinking about how great life is because my only child is my dog, but you have 6!? God bless you, man lol

If I had children, they'd be modern slaves. Dishes, the lawn, changing oil, etc.

"Oh yeah", (me imagining the discourse), "you don't want to mow, do windows, clean the garage", "yeah, watch me eat your steak".

I talk to @JimboBBN more than nearly any other dude I know.
That was really fun that day when you talked about me and didn't realize I could hear.

I thought I had you pegged and then you went and proved it.

It's all good. You're exactly who I thought you were and I still have the same amount of respect. :D

I didn't expect the nasally, weasel sound.

Reactions: TheDude1
That was really fun that day when you talked about me and didn't realize I could hear.

I thought I had you pegged and then you went and proved it.

It's all good. You're exactly who I thought you were and I still have the same amount of respect. :D

I didn't expect the nasally, weasel sound.

Not terribly flattering sounding! I seem to remember discussing 2k, and my belief that, if someone is an asshole on an Internet forum, like Bert often is, they are probably also a bit of an asshole in real life. Don’t remember much more. I didn’t talk about you...? I mean, it’s not like we didn’t think you were there... it was literally you hosting the phone call.

Not terribly flattering sounding! I seem to remember discussing 2k, and my belief that, if someone is an asshole on an Internet forum, like Bert often is, they are probably also a bit of an asshole in real life. Don’t remember much more. I didn’t talk about you...? I mean, it’s not like we didn’t think you were there... it was literally you hosting the phone call.
dude you were specifically referencing me when you thought I couldn't hear. I was disappointed to say the least. It's alright. I know you now. It didn't hurt my feelings as it was just recognizing. Jimbo was there, but we just read what he said on not being aware. :D

It's all good.

dude you were specifically referencing me when you thought I couldn't hear. I was disappointed to say the least. It's alright. I know you now. It didn't hurt my feelings as it was just recognizing. Jimbo was there, but we just read what he said on not being aware. :D

It's all good. I now know.

Man I hope I didn’t come off like that.

It's all good.

Uh, I literally have no memory of that. I don’t think anything bad about you, so what was I saying? Totally baffled.

Uh, I literally have no memory of that. I don’t think anything bad about you, so what was I saying? Totally baffled.
IIRC I posted play by play on here, too lazy to look it up. Anyway, we're all assholes. I'm ok. I'll go on.

*edit. I only get calls from ppl here on skype, let me look up the time and see if it's still there.

Untitled.png

The first call is where you guys thought I was disconnected. Second call was me laughing and going along. I'm too lazy to look up the post here to coincide with this timeline where I called out how you were talking about me and you didn't know I was on the phone.

Anyone here can use that timeline and my name and find the post.

Last edited:
IIRC I posted play by play on here, too lazy to look it up. Anyway, we're all assholes. I'm ok. I'll go on.

*edit. I only get calls from ppl here on skype, let me look up the time and see if it's still there.

Untitled.png

The first call is where you guys thought I was disconnected. Second call was me laughing and going along. I'm too lazy to look up the post here to coincide with this timeline where I called out how you were talking about me and you didn't know I was on the phone.
Hey lurk, I don’t remember dude saying anything disrespectful of anything. I mean I know you were listening to us talk but nothing he said came across as having bad intent behind it or anything. I could be wrong but I honestly don’t think he did

Hey lurk, I don’t remember dude saying anything disrespectful of anything. I mean I know you were listening to us talk but nothing he said came across as having bad intent behind it or anything. I could be wrong but I honestly don’t think he did
It's all fine. Forgive and forget.Live and learn, etc. I'd still like to meet him or even talk on the phone where he knows I can hear. ;)

Four roses, one of my favorites. Probably an inch or two left in the bottle :) I was so determined to finish it too haha
When you were talking about drinking dude under the table, I wondered if you had pints, fifths, liters or half gallons.

Ican't remember the name, but in Lemmy doc, he'd ask "want a drink" and when dude said "yeah", lemmy would open a 1/5 and pass it to them. Shamefully, I can drink a 5 and still be coherent. My normal night off is ` 18 beers and a liter of 40% Kentucky Straight Bourbon. I'm kind of a big guy, and that was just the alcohol.

I have cut down a lot. Basically everything is no more and only a fraction of the alcohol.

heading off to a track in N. Mississippi.Have a great day friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimboBBN
When you were talking about drinking dude under the table, I wondered if you had pints, fifths, liters or half gallons.

Ican't remember the name, but in Lemmy doc, he'd ask "want a drink" and when dude said "yeah", lemmy would open a 1/5 and pass it to them. Shamefully, I can drink a 5 and still be coherent.
I was still pretty functional, I had started at 6 and quit right after 12 or so. Had to wake up to play basketball this morning so I made a smart decision lol

must be the different type married my wife got divorced then remarried her
4 kids 2 boys and 2 girls
youngest daughter was killed by a drunk driver
4 grand children 2 boys and 2 girls
oldest Grandson was killed @10 by a van when he came out of blind alley
1 great grandson 2 months old currently has the mumps,

did I do the smart thing by getting rehitched to my Wife.?

bourbon is ok but if want to put hair on your chest and brag about drinking a 5th try Tequila, Wild Turkey and a 5th of 5 year old Scotch Chevis Regal.

then come and talk to me.

bourbon is ok but if want to put hair on your chest and brag about drinking a 5th try Tequila, Wild Turkey and a 5th of 5 year old Scotch Chevis Regal.

then come and talk to me.
I like tequila but you will be hard pressed to find anyone where I live that prefers it over bourbon. Let’s be honest, whiskey is much more manly than tequila ;)

What!!!! Good lord a lot of people have been thru extreme tragedy. Man

I like tequila but you will be hard pressed to find anyone where I live that prefers it over bourbon. Let’s be honest, whiskey is much more manly than tequila ;)
not much for Tequila myself its Scotch only, started drinking Scotch since I was 16. Chevis if they had it or bar stock when they didn't. been so long can't remember the other brands.

Reactions: JimboBBN

Really hate to hear about those losses, especially kids. :(

Yea I can’t bitch about my problems on this board any more. Might mean I’m due though. This is why I drink.

Reactions: toonces11
ADVERTISEMENT