ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official Loser Clown Team/Fans of the NCAA Tourney ***

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Let the barbs begin!

MiserlyParchedCheetah-max-1mb.gif

First, ABSOLUTE congratulations to St Peters! They deserved this win. I’m genuinely happy for them. In fact I’m glad they put a bullet in our season.

UK’s inconsistent play and regression has been absolute TORTURE with this group these last 5-6 games. I don’t feel a scintilla of pity for UKs guys, maybe Oscar but that would be about it.

Nothing will be more embarassing than this UK loss this year. Embarrassing performance. Cal has made over 16 million dollars to go 9-16 and then lose to a 15 seed on day one of the tourny.

Perspective. Imagine getting upset like Iowa but not having Cason Wallace, Livingston , and Shaeden Sharpe coming in next year. UK will be pre season top 3. This sucks today, life goes on. Stop calling for cal being fired, that is stupid

Reactions: della
Perspective. Imagine getting upset like Iowa but not having Cason Wallace, Livingston , and Shaeden Sharpe coming in next year. UK will be pre season top 3. This sucks today, life goes on. Stop calling for cal being fired, that is stupid
From everything our media has said, I'd put it at a 5% chance Sharpe isn't in the NBA next season.

The ceiling for kentucky basketball isn’t a title anymore. not under calipari. He’s still a good coach but he’s like tubby smith now. Our rivals want him to stay because they’re not afraid of him anymore.

Like if i’m a duke, unc, kansas fan im now perfectly okay with John Calipari at kentucky.

The ceiling for kentucky basketball isn’t a title anymore. not under calipari. He’s still a good coach but he’s like tubby smith now. Our rivals want him to stay because they’re not afraid of him anymore.

Like if i’m a duke, unc, kansas fan im now perfectly okay with John Calipari at kentucky.
As a Tennessee fan, I want Swaggy Cal to coach Kaintucky forever at this point!

I remember a day when I would go ape sh!t when UK’s season was over. Not sure if it’s just getting older or what, but my disappointment registers around a 2 anymore. Not a good sign when it ceases to hurt anymore. This is where UK is now.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Nothing will be more embarassing than this UK loss this year. Embarrassing performance. Cal has made over 16 million dollars to go 9-16 and then lose to a 15 seed on day one of the tourny.
Dude earned nearly a million per win last year.🤣

Did not age well for OP
Oh no, I was FULLY prepared to be here, which is to say I'm not surprised. Didn't think it was likely, but always possible.

I've filled out various brackets with different groups and didn't have UK getting beyond the SS in any of them. They just haven't had it this year. It was one star and a bunch of fill ins.

Oh no, I was FULLY prepared to be here, which is to say I'm not surprised. Didn't think it was likely, but always possible.

I've filled out various brackets with different groups and didn't have UK getting beyond the SS in any of them. They just haven't had it this year. It was one star and a bunch of fill ins.
For anyone who's not noticed, you not have been high on UK all year.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
John Calipari hadn’t lost a first round game since 2003 at memphis. Thats 14 first round wins in a row. And this is only the 2nd time in his career. :confused:

Bigger shock. Lehigh over Duke or St Pete’s over UK?

We did actually win a game.....(and set offense back 5 decades in the process......)

And we were competitive for a half (What?)....On the other hand, you guys ---AGAIN---lost to a much , much, lower seed..... (So, your argument is that because you were competitive for a HALF against St. Mary's..............St. Mary's........................St. Mary's.............................that you had a better showing than Iowa?........Huh.)
Interesting. ;)

Can’t believe that was the same Kentucky team that came into Allen field house and worked over Kansas. Either that or I’m glad St. Peter’s was a 15 seed and not a 16 or we might have been umbc’d.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Can’t believe that was the same Kentucky team that came into Allen field house and worked over Kansas. Either that or I’m glad St. Peter’s was a 15 seed and not a 16 or we might have been umbc’d.
They had been on a downward trend for the past several weeks, at least. Couldn't get any consistency from anyone besides Tshiebwe. Matter of fact, without Oscar they wouldn't have been much better than they were last year.

They had been on a downward trend for the past several weeks, at least. Couldn't get any consistency from anyone besides Tshiebwe. Matter of fact, without Oscar they wouldn't have been much better than they were last year.
Do you think coach cal is just mailing it in right now? He’s only 63 so it’s not like he’s old. Coach k and Roy both had a little lul right before they won and rode off into the sunset. Maybe that’s where cal is right now.

Do you think coach cal is just mailing it in right now? He’s only 63 so it’s not like he’s old. Coach k and Roy both had a little lul right before they won and rode off into the sunset. Maybe that’s where cal is right now.
Nah, I don't think that's the case at all. He just isn't a great coach. His end of game management is the worst. If he has a lead he's gonna take the air out of the ball rather than continuing to do what put him in the position to win in the first place. Run the shot clock down to nothing and get a terrible shot or turnover. Repeat that 4-5 times in consecutive possessions while the other team continues to score at the other end and the next thing you know you're down or have lost the game. Classic Cal stall ball. He also never calls timeouts to set up a play like he could've done at the end of regulation tonight when the game was tied. I suspect it's because he has no damn clue what to run so he would rather just let his guys come up with something shitty on their own, that way he doesn't have to answer for a stupid play he drew up that didn't work. That plus they have proven they suck against pressure so maybe he didn't want to take a chance inbounding the ball again.

Just shows that it can happen to anybody. Kentucky may have had some mediocre years/NIT appearances/etc, but they never seem to lose to the nobodies as a high seed. K and Izzo, the so-called masters of March, have both lost to 15 seeds. Self of course has lost to midmajors. Bennett got UMBC’d. Not sure if Wright has had a loss like this, but he’s been bounced in the 2nd round as a 1 about 10 times seemingly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT