ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSU got a crystal ball for Xavier Booker. Ranked 3rd by 247. Its crazy how raw he is yet how highly he’s ranked. He’s not a top 10 recruit in the traditional sense, and no matter where he goes I wouldn’t expect dominance at this level.

I know the Indiana schools are pretty hard after him too.

With the best front court in the nation returning with a blue-collared 29 year old Race Thompson and never-going-to-get- drafted 1-dimensional TJD, a backcourt that’ll shoot 31% from three, & a fired 65 year old ex-NBA coach that is about to collect social security leading the way, might as well hand the league title to IU right now.

I don’t see what could possibly go wrong. 😏

With the best front court in the nation returning with a blue-collared 29 year old Race Thompson and never-going-to-get- drafted 1-dimensional TJD, a backcourt that’ll shoot 31% from three, & a fired 65 year old ex-NBA coach that is about to collect social security leading the way, might as well hand the league title to IU right now.

I can’t wait to monitor the race to 33% again this year.

• Love
Reactions: jwardelt and otte21
XJ shot 20-35 from 3 in conference wins and 7-31 in losses. Indiana was 7-2 in conference games that he shot over 33%. I fully expect there to be a similar correlation this season unless a wing takes a major leap. It’s too easy to guard teams that can’t spread you out in CBB.

Well rested and ready for another round of IU/PU spat, I see.

XJ shot 20-35 from 3 in conference wins and 7-31 in losses. Indiana was 7-2 in conference games that he shot over 33%. I fully expect there to be a similar correlation this season unless a wing takes a major leap. It’s too easy to guard teams that can’t spread you out in CBB.
He was their best shooter at the end of the season, and it did make them a ton better. The team goes as far as he (and hopefully Tamar) can take them. Otherwise, like you said, teams are just going to pack the paint.

Well rested and ready for another round of IU/PU spat, I see.

birdman-lance.gif

That's "Race"ist.

tenor.gif

dumb-and-dumber-can-t-hear-x6po6kivf1h6usi1.gif

Izzo going to get the number 1 player in the country (per rivals) for the first time ever. Damn

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
Xavier Johnson techs and TJD flexes are coming whether you guys are 30-0 or 17-13. So that part I got down pat.
18ppg/9rpg/2bpg are also coming---if not more. Along with 12ppg/5apg and 39% from three....Along with two very good 5* in JHS and Malik Reneau. Return basically everyone. And even as bad as Kopp was, dude still shot 36% from three...

I like our team....Dismiss it all ya want. IU has improved a roster that could have swept Purdue last year. Got to the semi's of the BTT, won 21 games, and made the NCATT(1-1).

We'll see how it pans out..

18ppg/9rpg/2bpg are also coming---if not more. Along with 12ppg/5apg and 39% from three....Along with two very good 5* in JHS and Malik Reneau. Return basically everyone. And even as bad as Kopp was, dude still shot 36% from three...

I like our team....Dismiss it all ya want. IU has improved a roster that could have swept Purdue last year. Got to the semi's of the BTT, won 21 games, and made the NCATT(1-1).

My biggest question mark is still regarding shooting for you guys. Not sure if that area has been addressed enough. Can’t bank on Gunn or any of the newcomers to provide immediate help there. I feel like teams will still pack it in and dare you to beat them from distance.

Could have swept Purdue last year? Do you know who did sweep Purdue last year?

Minnesota is going to essentially be the anti-Indiana on offense. Battle/Ihnen/Garcia can all shoot it from 3. Question will be if they can rebound and protect the paint better than last year. The Ohio State game at the barn was one of the worst rebounding performances I have ever seen.

Izzo going to get the number 1 player in the country (per rivals) for the first time ever. Damn
Does Emoni Bates count?

Also, I’ve never heard of Izzo going to one recruits games so exclusively. It’s the peach jam and he’s still just following around Xavier Booker wherever he’s playing. Him and Fears are a sick class. Just need him to keep developing. That #1 ranking is more what he could be than what he is now. Definitely a high ceiling kinda guy.

Although I’ve read Royal is likely to OSU. Hometown school and has family going to see along with his best friend. Cant blame him.

Reactions: Ingersol
Does Emoni Bates count?

Also, I’ve never heard of Izzo going to one recruits games so exclusively. It’s the peach jam and he’s still just following around Xavier Booker wherever he’s playing. Him and Fears are a sick class. Just need him to keep developing. That #1 ranking is more what he could be than what he is now. Definitely a high ceiling kinda guy.

Although I’ve read Royal is likely to OSU. Hometown school and has family going to see along with his best friend. Cant blame him.
Bates was number 5 nationally by rivals.

I’ve read it’s a 50/50 on Royal he’s gonna be good at either school.

I like both 2023’s visiting this weekend

Reactions: MGC_07
Does Emoni Bates count?

I get why Illinois passed on Fears, but I also get the feeling we're going to regret that one. I'll feel better when we lock down Jeremiah though.

I get why Illinois passed on Fears, but I also get the feeling we're going to regret that one. I'll feel better when we lock down Jeremiah though.
Jeremiah looks like he’s going to be even better for sure. Hopefully the fact that we go his older brother helps.

michael-keaton.gif

Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore

5-9 in your last 14 games.

29 pieced in the first time playing an actual tourney game.

Improvements better be made.

Reactions: johnboiler123
Considering Woodson has a defensive powerhouse this year I don't see the point in considering 3pt% when 75% of IUs shots will be fast break layups.

Jeremiah looks like he’s going to be even better for sure. Hopefully the fact that we go his older brother helps.
From what we’ve been told, it shouldn’t matter too much, but that’s a long ways away. The older brother is going to be a great guard for you. Booker will pair nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT