****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheen-boner.gif

• Love
Reactions: boiler1987

Two things:

1. Best frontcourt? Lol
2. Who thought that pose was a good idea?
Pose is just awful....

Best frontcourt isn't that far fetched.....24/7 has IU as #4. TJD/Race/ 5* Malik Reneau/Jordan Geronimo... Ranked ahead of IU is, UNC, UK and Gonzaga...

Edit---Not to mention 4* Kaleb Banks. Who many see as the sleeper of IU's class.

Last edited:
A front court that can’t shoot. Not sure I buy best front court.

More about hand placement, but I'd like to see a more productive returning frontcourt at least in conference. But y'all get upset over some Twitter posts.
The amount of content he brings over from either home board fodder or that shitty barstool campus Twitter is always wild to me.

Spoiler alert, every home board and barstool campus social account is incredibly cringe. But if you need to find things like that to keep hatred alive for your rival, more power to you (and your childish brain).

The amount of content he brings over from either home board fodder or that shitty barstool campus Twitter is always wild to me.

Spoiler alert, every home board and barstool campus social account is incredibly cringe. But if you need to find things like that to keep hatred alive for your rival, more power to you (and your childish brain).

Him and @boilerzz get upset at the littlest Social media IU post. Most here could give two shits

A front court that can’t shoot. Not sure I buy best front court.
Did you mean back court? NOt sure what shooting has to do with much of anything when talking about a front court.... OscarTshiebwe, NPOY, shot 60.1%-----TJD shot 58.9%. Race shot 54%, but that is a bit misleading due to his 27% shooting from "3". Combined,they averaged 30.1 ppg/15.6 rpg... Timme shot 58.6%----Holgrem 60%....

The numbers just aren't that different...Any improvement, development of a 10+ footer from TJD, Race improving from 15+ to "3", and well, you have an already pretty solid f/c that becomes, well, very good. Both (TJD/Race) are extremely difficult to handle on the blocks, and TJD is very quick/athletic off the bounce...

Best f/c in the nation? I dunno abut that. Top 5? Absolutely. And IMO, probably the best in the B10.

Upset? Just bringing funny Twitter stuff over here for all to enjoy. Even IU fans commenting on the tweet thinking it’s weird lol.
The pose is certainly weird as ****----I mean, like, really weird.

Being considered one of the Top f/c is not.

Did you mean back court? NOt sure what shooting has to do with much of anything when talking about a front court.... OscarTshiebwe, NPOY, shot 60.1%-----TJD shot 58.9%. Race shot 54%, but that is a bit misleading due to his 27% shooting from "3". Combined,they averaged 30.1 ppg/15.6 rpg... Timme shot 58.6%----Holgrem 60%....

The numbers just aren't that different...Any improvement, development of a 10+ footer from TJD, Race improving from 15+ to "3", and well, you have an already pretty solid f/c that becomes, well, very good. Both (TJD/Race) are extremely difficult to handle on the blocks, and TJD is very quick/athletic off the bounce...

Best f/c in the nation? I dunno abut that. Top 5? Absolutely. And IMO, probably the best in the B10.

I think most people are taking the “believe it when we see it” regarding TJD being able to consistently hit jumpers. We’ve heard it every offseason for years now and it hasn’t changed. You guys do have a good frontcourt no doubt. No idea what to expect from Reneau. I think Purdue’s frontcourt stacks up pretty well with yours. Edey/Gillis/Furst is pretty formidable and I think ppl are sleeping on TKR. He could make a legit impact this year.

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan
I think most people are taking the “believe it when we see it” regarding TJD being able to consistently hit jumpers. We’ve heard it every offseason for years now and it hasn’t changed. You guys do have a good frontcourt no doubt. No idea what to expect from Reneau. I think Purdue’s frontcourt stacks up pretty well with yours. Edey/Gillis/Furst is pretty formidable and I think ppl are sleeping on TKR. He could make a legit impact this year.
I haven't seen where anyone has said TJD is gonna start hitting jumpers?? I haven't. I've said "IF" he does, then well things change drastically for Indiana. Returning TJD(18ppg) and Race(11ppg), along with adding a 5* in Malik Reneau, is certainly cause for optimism on having a very, very good f/c. And to be fair, its not IU fans, or just IU fans labeling Indiana's f/c as one of the best---Its basically every pundit, expert, media dude, etc, etc....saying so.

And I agree----PU's f/c could be very good. Big question will be Edey and his stamina; going from 18 or some mpg, to possibly 30, is a big question mark...I like Gillis and Furst a lot...And not sleeping on Trey at all....Kids a baller. Same with Reneau.....That dude is the real deal, and IMO will have an immediate impact. And IF the RUMORS of Banks being the type of player he has shown this summer have merit----than IU's f/c gets seriously good, and deep.

With that being said, I wouldn't trade TJD/Race/Reneau, for any f/c in the B10.

Been down and out with Rona the past few days and binged through the first seasons of Succession and The Boys. Good shows, I’d recommend both.
Hope you feel better soon man. I had it like a month ago. It’s no joke.

Reactions: MGC_07
I haven't seen where anyone has said TJD is gonna start hitting jumpers?? I haven't. I've said "IF" he does, then well things change drastically for Indiana. Returning TJD(18ppg) and Race(11ppg), along with adding a 5* in Malik Reneau, is certainly cause for optimism on having a very, very good f/c. And to be fair, its not IU fans, or just IU fans labeling Indiana's f/c as one of the best---Its basically every pundit, expert, media dude, etc, etc....saying so.

And I agree----PU's f/c could be very good. Big question will be Edey and his stamina; going from 18 or some mpg, to possibly 30, is a big question mark...I like Gillis and Furst a lot...And not sleeping on Trey at all....Kids a baller. Same with Reneau.....That dude is the real deal, and IMO will have an immediate impact. And IF the RUMORS of Banks being the type of player he has shown this summer have merit----than IU's f/c gets seriously good, and deep.

With that being said, I wouldn't trade TJD/Race/Reneau, for any f/c in the B10.
Definitely fair points. Will def be interesting to see Edey. I think he’ll be up to the challenge.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Been down and out with Rona the past few days and binged through the first seasons of Succession and The Boys. Good shows, I’d recommend both.
I have a hunch some on this board would not enjoy the not so subtle political jabs in the boys, but it’s a great show.

Reactions: MGC_07
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT