ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie. I absolutely love seeing TSJ getting erased at the rim with no bailout fouls being called.

@bMORE607 does seeing Larry David on screen at a UConn elite 8 game feel like what the Jared Leto character would have felt if he was forced to watch the double dildo gangbang with Jennifer Connelly toward the end of Requiem for a Dream? Sorry for spoilers

Come on boomer

escalated-quickly-anchorman.gif

Illinois wasn’t beating Connecticut tonight. Hell, I’m not sure anyone is beating Connecticut this year. But Brad Underwood had a terrible game plan for this game. Trying to attack Clingan is just dumb. And thinking Hawkins had a prayer to defend him isn’t much smarter.

Last edited:
Illinois wasn’t beating Connecticut tonight. Hell, I’m not sure anyone is beating Connecticut this year. But Brad Underwood had a terrible game plan for this game. Trying to attack Clingan is just dumb. And thinking Shannon had a prayer to defend him isn’t much smarter.
You mean Hawkins?

Didn’t mind the strategy until you found out it was going to be a game where the refs let them play.

Reactions: all4theillini
You mean Hawkins?

Didn’t mind the strategy until you found out it was going to be a game where the refs let them play.
Sorry, yep. They definitely let physical play go at the rim but I don’t think it was Clingan doing the fouling. He’s got great timing and verticality. If he had Edey’s stamina, he’d be a first team AA.

Reactions: cmore79
Underwood seems to be one of the most stubborn coaches when it comes to adjusting from his original gameplan.

Karaban is a terrible defender, Spencer is very average. All the half court sets should have been to take advantage of those two.

Weren't they having success lately with both Dainja and Hawkins in the game together?

Sorry, yep. They definitely let physical play go at the rim but I don’t think it was Clingan doing the fouling. He’s got great timing and verticality. If he had Edey’s stamina, he’d be a first team AA.
He didn’t foul, but as soon as you see that, you abandon the strategy.

Underwood seems to be one of the most stubborn coaches when it comes to adjusting from his original gameplan.

Karaban is a terrible defender, Spencer is very average. All the half court sets should have been to take advantage of those two.

Weren't they having success lately with both Dainja and Hawkins in the game together?
Did you watch the first half? They were trying to get Spencer on Domask over and over. Second half, they just got punched in the mouth and never recovered.

He didn’t foul, but as soon as you see that, you abandon the strategy.
Yep. It was obvious early that wasn’t going to work. It’s going to take hitting 3’s at a good clip to beat them and Illini guys kept giving up open threes to challenge the paint. The 3 teams that have beaten UConn shot 64, 38 and 50% from three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT