ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G In-Season Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which part? Crean should have been fired. Creans recruits sticking up for him isn't surprising. We hired Woodson, so people aren't exactly lining up for this job to begin with anyways, but I don't know how you hire a 65 year old and expect people to be patient.

I like the kid. Tough spot for him. He wasn't ready for this type of run. Kid will be ok.
He will be fine but they have to create some shot mechanics for him Heady Hi BBIQ leader with solid defensive footwork and motor for a freshman.

He was not quite ready for this duty, even people that matter forget how much we miss Newton this year.

Last edited:
Which part? Crean should have been fired. Creans recruits sticking up for him isn't surprising. We hired Woodson, so people aren't exactly lining up for this job to begin with anyways, but I don't know how you hire a 65 year old and expect people to be patient.
Wasn't Woodson hired to get things back on track and then hand it off to Fife?

He will be fine but they have to create some shot mechanics for him Heady Hi BBIQ leader with solid defensive footwork and motor for a freshman.

He was not quite ready for this duty, even people that matter forget how much we miss Newton this year.
Newton is a HUGE loss---and a big time talent. Kid got lost in the shuffle with his injury. With that beong said,I don't trust tht MW would have used him properly anyways.

Its not the kids I don't trust---Its Woodson.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I’m curious what the IU fans on the board think of this

I've never hear anyone backtrack on the CTC firing. Ihave however read some "tongue-in-cheek" comments such as---"Man I'd take Crean results over this..."---In reference to just had bad this has become.

Crean deserved to be fired.

And to add---comments like this from former players is one of the reasons this program is sunk. People make comments with their hearts---and not their heads.

Wasn't Woodson hired to get things back on track and then hand it off to Fife?
The one reason I was somewhat happy with the hire, is that initially Fife and Matta were hired as well. Then one was fired,and the other said---"**** this shit".

And now we have what we have.

To answer the question---I don't think there was ever any mention of Fife as a "coach in wait.".

The one reason I was somewhat happy with the hire, is that initially Fife and Matta were hired as well. Then one was fired,and the other said---"**** this shit".

And now we have what we have.

To answer the question---I don't think there was ever any mention of Fife as a "coach in wait.".
Matta was only going to be there until the Butler HC or AD opened up. His plan is to move to AD when Collier (69) retires. There was never a long term play for him in Btown.

Newton is a HUGE loss---and a big time talent. Kid got lost in the shuffle with his injury. With that beong said,I don't trust tht MW would have used him properly anyways.

Its not the kids I don't trust---Its Woodson.
Hard to imaging any team being as injury riddled as IU over the past two seasons. Healthy Newton and X changes the back court completely.

• Haha
Reactions: joe for prez
Hard to imaging any team being as injury riddled as IU over the past two seasons. Healthy Newton and X changes the back court completely.
Meh.....Changes the b/c sure. Doesn't change how the b/c would have been used. Injuries have played a very, very small role in this team being 14-13. IU starts more 5*'s than most B10 teams have overall. Mgbako is criminally misused here. Same with Kopp.

Even with JHS/TJD, that team struggled. And then got beat down in the 2nd round.

Woodson in wayyyyyyyyyy over his head

Matta was only going to be there until the Butler HC or AD opened up. His plan is to move to AD when Collier (69) retires. There was never a long term play for him in Btown.
So even more of another shit show hire? It was a panic hire. And its showing.

So even more of another shit show hire? It was a panic hire. And its showing.
Thad was brought in the help Woody transition to the college game. Made a ton of sense. Apparently didn’t work though so one or both failed. Maybe if the Butler job had come up a year later ?

Meh.....Changes the b/c sure. Doesn't change how the b/c would have been used. Injuries have played a very, very small role in this team being 14-13. IU starts more 5*'s than most B10 teams have overall. Mgbako is criminally misused here. Same with Kopp.

Even with JHS/TJD, that team struggled. And then got beat down in the 2nd round.

Woodson in wayyyyyyyyyy over his head
Last year’s team was more impact by injury than this year

Last year’s team was more impact by injury than this year
That is true....Very true. Race, JHS, TJD, of course X. Its why that team didn't truly "blossom" until Feb.

I remember when CTC third team went 12-20----That was the moment where you said---"Meh, I don't think this cat is the dude...."---Of course trhere was Creek injury. But even then, that team should have never lost 20 games. Then add the SU SW 16 debacle, and it became clear---Even with elite talent, this guy isn't getting us "there"

I bring this up b/c got the same feel with IU's loss to Miami. Just didn't utilize all the parts. And now all those parts are gone, and well...………………………….

We absolutely suck.

Do all Big Ten refs allow Izzo to whine and cry at them and then have a nice chit chat session with him and apologizes?

Do all Big Ten refs allow Izzo to whine and cry at them and then have a nice chit chat session with him and apologizes?
How do you know they were apologizing? Izzo tell ya?

Having conversations, rather heated, or cordial, happens all the time with officials and coaches.

That Purdue game was wild. Legit sounded like a home game in Ann Arbor lol. Love how well we show up away from Mackey.

@MGO2022 were you at Mackey North today?

Last edited:
Reactions: KJBBoiler
Can we all agree now that teams like Michigan State make the metrics of the NET rankings look like a joke?

Sorry Minnesota, MSU and Nebraska. You’ve been eliminated from B1G title consideration.

Perhaps next year will be your year.

Remaining teams with a shot at the title; Purdue, Illinois, Wisconsin, Northwestern

Sorry Minnesota, MSU and Nebraska. You’ve been eliminated from B1G title consideration.

Perhaps next year will be your year.

Remaining teams with a shot at the title; Purdue, Illinois, Wisconsin, Northwestern
The suspense is killing me.

• Love
Reactions: boilerzz
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT