ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G In-Season Thread****

Going to go ahead & get this out of the way.

dE3g3Pb.jpg
Sick burn...

Saw the FDU coach got the Iona job. Did any of the other teams that beat Purdue in the first round help their coaches get promotions? Maybe they'll have a reverse Hayden Fry coaching tree graphic for Matt Painter in the future showing all the great basketball coaches who got their start beating Purdue with a low major team.
Painter is a stepping stone for Mid-Major coaches...

Next year when PU is a 2-seed, HC of the 15-seed is gonna be like, "Honey we going to Sizzler....we going to Sizzler...."

And THAT obsession defines you
It’s weird to only direct it at IU, but to be fair … I think PU has clearly had a better overall season than anyone in the Big Ten. That would change for me if MSU made the Elite Eight, though. I’m not sure a Sweet Sixteen run is better overall for a fan than two Big Ten banners in one season, but it’s all subjective.

Then again, the nature of PU’s loss needs to be taken into account, and it was pretty damn brutal.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Really? I thought he’d be a fool to not do it.
Not sure its the better job right now...Hard to recruit there. But he does have strong Indiana ties. Just seemed like a lifer for PSU, unless a big time job opened---I don't see ND as a big-time job. Plus its quite possible some big time jobs open in the next few years:

UK
KU
UNC
Indiana

Go to ND and flop, and well...........Now what? Just felt he'd hold out and see how things panned out with the above mentioned schools.

Reactions: cmore79
Not sure its the better job right now...Hard to recruit there. But he does have strong Indiana ties. Just seemed like a lifer for PSU, unless a big time job opened---I don't see ND as a big-time job. Plus its quite possible some big time jobs open in the next few years:

UK
KU
UNC
Indiana

Go to ND and flop, and well...........Now what? Just felt he'd hold out and see how things panned out with the above mentioned schools.
Salary got doubled. PSU was gonna take a big step back next year. Cash in on your pay day while you can.

Salary got doubled. PSU was gonna take a big step back next year. Cash in on your pay day while you can.
Har to say that with NIL and the portal...His offense is very attractive. had a very good season. Not out of the he could have got some dudes out of the portal...

It’s weird to only direct it at IU, but to be fair … I think PU has clearly had a better overall season than anyone in the Big Ten. That would change for me if MSU made the Elite Eight, though. I’m not sure a Sweet Sixteen run is better overall for a fan than two Big Ten banners in one season, but it’s all subjective.

Then again, the nature of PU’s loss needs to be taken into account, and it was pretty damn brutal.
The guy is just too easy to bait

UK
KU
UNC
Indiana

You’re giving Penn State way too much credit. This is an easy call

This is the most embarrassing thing to happen to Penn State athletics since, well you know 😑

Don’t know you guys convinced me tournament results don’t matter
Gotta think MSU fans really disagree with that, with all the Final Fours and such, hopefully we can add to it this year with our washed up coach.

Fwiw you guys making the sweet 16 5 straight times before this year is absolutely impressive.

Reactions: northeastspartan
Gotta think MSU fans really disagree with that, with all the Final Fours and such, hopefully we can add to it this year with our washed up coach.

Fwiw you guys making the sweet 16 5 straight times before this year is absolutely impressive.

Did you miss the last couple years of discourse here

Did you miss the last couple years of discourse here
I feel like we’ve all done our own sort of rankings of where we value stuff. I feel like most people were

National Championship
Runner Up
Final 4
Elite 8
Conference Championship
Sweet 16
Conference tournament title

I feel like that’s very decently valuing tournament performance.

Kansas State is such an up and down team it’s hard for me to make a prediction. Great athletes, some straight studs who make those 1% type of plays, but they turn it over a lot and aren’t the best rebounding team. But unlike Marquette and USC, I’m less confident in our ability to drive effectively against their athletes. Really, really need to shoot better from deep than we have the past two to win this one.

Think we need to hound their little PG, he’s the one that makes the engine go for them. Pick him up early and never let him get comfortable.

I don’t think I’d have us favored by 1.5, but I’m probably biased from having watched this team struggle all year. I think it should be KSU by a few.

Prop bets:

Walker O 15.5 points (gamer)
Hauser U 14.5 points (soft)

Yes, I know Hauser is 19-30 from three the last 6 games. Just not convinced he steps up tonight.

Reactions: MGC_07
Prop bets:

Walker O 15.5 points (gamer)
Hauser U 14.5 points (soft)

Yes, I know Hauser is 19-30 from three the last 6 games. Just not convinced he steps up tonight.
I think those are good bets honestly. Kansas State is a little like Marquette in the way they hound and try to create turnovers, so that style of play is conducive to Walker and Hoggard having the ball in their hands a lot (just like against Marquette). Joey will get some spot up opportunities but I wouldn’t expect this to be a game he excels. If MSU wins, we win with another great performance from Hoggard and Walker.

ADVERTISEMENT