ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I would agree with you, but this year the conference has several lottery picks in Ivey, Davis, and Murray plus a bunch of all-american type players in Kofi, TJD, Edey, Williams, Lidell, Dickinson, etc. The lower seeded teams should lose, but Illinois, Wiscy, Iowa, and Purdue have no excuses.
I think all of those teams fit my description to varying degrees, but it certainly was an up year for the top end talent. Just think the teams around those guys didn’t hold up their end.

Normally I would agree with you, but this year the conference has several lottery picks in Ivey, Davis, and Murray plus a bunch of all-american type players in Kofi, TJD, Edey, Williams, Lidell, Dickinson, etc. The lower seeded teams should lose, but Illinois, Wiscy, Iowa, and Purdue have no excuses.
4 seeds are 33-41 vs 5 seeds. Agree with Wisky, Iowa and Purdue. Its not like Illinois losing was some sort of shocker...

Typically having the coach of a team talking on set during the tournament is good PR and maybe it might help gain attention about how personable and engaging that he really is when he isn’t coaching.

And then there is Bob Huggins.

3pt shot? Wisconsin can’t make any shot.
tenor.gif

+168
Were the moneyline odds of big ten opponents, so yeah I think like 12.5% chance they all 4 got swept mainly thanks to the Wisconsin game.
Odds were decent for 2-2....1-3 was doable. BUt 0-4? Not with Wisly basically playing a hiome game.

7 vs 2 in two games
4 vs 5
11 vs 3..

If Michigan loses in the S16, but Purdue goes to the F4 then the conference as a whole will have slightly exceeded expectations for the tournament. Sure, we would still have the lack of a national title hanging over our heads, but not a poor performance.

The problem is the Big Ten is leaning on Purdue not to wet themselves in the tournament.

To be fair, didn't you say Illinois was going to do better vs Houston than against Chat :p
I did......I thought Chatt was a tough match-up, and probably shuld have won the game.

On the other hand, a 4 losing to a 5 seed is actually pretty common; as the numbers show that.

My point is a 4 losing to a 5, is not cmparable to a 3 losing to an 11, or 7 seeds losing to 2 seeds.

If Michigan loses in the S16, but Purdue goes to the F4 then the conference as a whole will have slightly exceeded expectations for the tournament. Sure, we would still have the lack of a national title hanging over our heads, but not a poor performance.

The problem is the Big Ten is leaning on Purdue not to wet themselves in the tournament.
They beat Texas...............

I did......I thought Chatt was a tough match-up, and probably shuld have won the game.

On the other hand, a 4 losing to a 5 seed is actually pretty common; as the numbers show that.

My point is a 4 losing to a 5, is not cmparable to a 3 losing to an 11, or 7 seeds losing to 2 seeds.
All losses are disappointing.

True, but to be fair, lots of "experts" and people here had Illinois in the sweet 16- I believe you have to look at each 4 vs 5 matchup separately-Plus, Houston lost two starters earlier this season, crazy..

Don't use the "we slightly exceeded expectations" BS excuse.

God damn some of you are pathetic losers. Riding conference coattails because your school doesn't have the balls to win something on their own. This thread is more embarrassing than the B1G has been the past few days.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
God damn some of you are pathetic losers. Riding conference coattails because your school doesn't have the balls to win something on their own. This thread is more embarrassing than the B1G has been the past few days.
Who is riding coattails? I want everyone to lose except us.

Reactions: bMORE607
Oh well. Sucks, but in my mind UW was playing with house money anyway, I had no expectations coming into the season. Game was over the minute Hepburn was injured.
Come on man.
Not making at least the sweet 16 with that draw and playing in Milwaukee is ridiculous. Losing Hepburn sucked but that was a complete gag job.

Reactions: GOO_HAM
Those are 2 breeds I want, however I also don't have the time for either, they both need a ton of exercise and attention.

Yeah, we give my dog a LOT of exercise for that reason. The dog spot we got her in helps. 15 minutes of practicing it as she is tongue out and tired. Whippets are sort of cheat codes in the spot.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT