ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official B1G In Season Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.
We suck. We’re just good enough to make the NCAAT and UM is not. It happens. It just doesn’t typically happen to a preseason top 5 team. It’s best to just take the L. Otherwise you just make it worse.
Lol 20 point loss and your team is atrocious. Michigan is in The tournament right now and have a better resume than the dumpster can in East Lansing

Lol 20 point loss and your team is atrocious. Michigan is in The tournament right now and have a better resume than the dumpster can in East Lansing

stop-it-get-some-help.gif

You think you guys are in if you lose to Ohio state and Indiana (or whomever you will play first round)?
16-15 UM making the NCAAT? I think they need to get to 18 wins. 19 to be sure. That means OSU and a BTT game or 2 in the BTT.

Hilarious this guy is trying to talk trash rather than admit UM blows and had a garbage season. But kudos on beating MSU. We’re also hot garbage.

16-15 UM making the NCAAT? I think they need to get to 18 wins. 19 to be sure. That means OSU and a BTT game or 2 in the BTT.

Hilarious this guy is trying to talk trash rather than admit UM blows and had a garbage season. But kudos on beating MSU. We’re also hot garbage.
Yeah I don’t understand the confidence of being in if I were them. They’d barely qualify for the NIT with that record.

Michigan doesn’t blow they’re and average team in a down year in the NCAA

Everyone is in over us because Lafayette in November, I guess. Sure we beat Purdue and Illinois and Iowa and Ohio State and Michigan and Michigan State and Wisconsin, but "Lafayette". We're a bubble team. I'm an "old", so these next seven days could kill me.

I think NET is rigged to f--k us because at 5-7 we somehow played in the Gator Bowl. You can't convince me otherwise.

Last edited:
Everyone is in over us because Lafayette in November, I guess. Sure we beat Purdue and Illinois and Iowa and Ohio State and Michigan and Michigan State and Wisconsin, but "Lafayette" erases all those wins. We're a bubble team. I'm an "old", so these next seven days could kill me.

I think NET is rigged to f--k us because at 5-7 we somehow played in the Gator Bowl. You can't convince me otherwise.
If you don't get in it doesn't say much for "show us who you beat". I think you'll get in.

Last edited:
I think you are safe if you don’t lose against penn state and whoever your first game in the BTT is (it’ll be a bad team). Even with the bad ncsos and the few nightmare losses, that’s a ton of quad 1 wins for the ncaa to just ignore.

Still seems like the denial phase but hints of bargaining. I think you’re on your way.
Last weekend the 1-6 teams all lost on the same day for the first time in history. It’s a major down year to anyone with a brain

8-10 teams could easily win a Natty this year . That is flat out unheard of

I think IU and UM needs to win their next games to feel any kind of “good” about their chances.
The precedent is there for teams with bad records to get in when they have a top 10 strength of schedule. Michigan falls in that category. The committee also is going to take into account their covid stop (which I know irritates everyone here). But those are two mitigating factors that people seem to be overlooking about Michigan’s resume. I don’t think they can lose out but I think they’re pretty close to a lock if they beat osu.

I think you are safe if you don’t lose against penn state and whoever your first game in the BTT is (it’ll be a bad team). Even with the bad ncsos and the few nightmare losses, that’s a ton of quad 1 wins for the ncaa to just ignore.
Unlikely, but here is my nightmare scenario: we get the B1GT double bye (beat PSU lose to OSU/Iowa in 4/5 game) and are out. We break ties v both Iowa and OSU for B1G tournament seeding.

The precedent is there for teams with bad records to get in when they have a top 10 strength of schedule. Michigan falls in that category. The committee also is going to take into account their covid stop (which I know irritates everyone here). But those are two mitigating factors that people seem to be overlooking about Michigan’s resume. I don’t think they can lose out but I think they’re pretty close to a lock if they beat osu.
If they beat OSU they should be in decent shape. I wouldn’t want to lose their next game if I were them but I think it’s fair to call the OSU game a play in game for them. Perhaps the same can be said for you guys against PU as well.

Unlikely, but here is my nightmare scenario: we get the B1GT double bye (beat PSU lose to OSU/Iowa in 4/5 game) and are out. We break ties v both Iowa and OSU for B1G tournament seeding.
I didn’t realize the tie breaks would work that way, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Rutgers is looking to avoid bad losses, not assemble more quad 1 wins. A loss in the BTT to Iowa or osu doesn’t hurt their resume like at all. Especially in a still slightly covid affected year where some games were cancelled, the committee is not going to give a shit if a team is under 20 wins. I don’t really think they care about that anymore anyways.

Better resume? Nah. We’re shit for sure but you don’t have a better resume. Better record and Quad 1 record.

We suck. We’re just good enough to make the NCAAT and UM is not. It happens. It just doesn’t typically happen to a preseason top 5 team. It’s best to just take the L. Otherwise you just make it worse.

Luckily our dogshit season is off the heals of a Big Ten Championship and Elite 8. Your bounce back year from missing the first round is another down year.

We both suck. Thankfully it’s just a one off for us. This is two years in a row for you guys sucking.

I think IU and UM needs to win their next games to feel any kind of “good” about their chances.

Lose next two games, I think we are out. (16-15)

Beat Ohio St., lose to Indiana. We are in and I’d bet on it. (17-14)

Lose to Ohio St., beat Indiana, lose to Wisconsin. We are probably in but I wouldn’t feel confident. (17-15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT