ADVERTISEMENT

No way Crying Tom Izzo should be in the NCAA tourney

I've been saying it for 2 months now. Look at their resume. They beat Baylor, Northeastern and Illinois, all at home. The Baylor win happened in December when Baylor was struggling.
They were slated as a 9 seed before losing to IU today. With 13 losses, there is no way they should be in.

Reactions: MGO2022
No way they go 29-2 with James Madison’s record yet MSU is seen as a lock and JMU has to win out.

It is harder to be great in a mid major than mediocre in a power.

I've been saying it for 2 months now. Look at their resume. They beat Baylor, Northeastern and Illinois, all at home. The Baylor win happened in December when Baylor was struggling.
They were slated as a 9 seed before losing to IU today. With 13 losses, there is no way they should be in.
IU has the same exact record.

18-13, 10-10.

Both have 4 Q1 wins....Both have 5 Q2 wins.

MSU does have wins over BU and Indiana State, OOC.

IU does have a Q3 loss....MSU does not.

But that shouldn't make a difference of one team being 19th in NET, the other being 94.

If MSU is an NCAAT team, is Indiana.

Reactions: kyjeff1

They also draw a solid Minnesota team on Thursday of the Big Ten tourney, in Minneapolis. The vast majority of the crowd will be Gopher fans. That's a really tough draw.

If they drop that one, finish 18-14, having lost 5 of their last 6, the committee is going to have a lot of soul searching to consider.

18-13, 10-10.

But that shouldn't make a difference of one team being 19th in NET, the other being 94.

100%. I have no idea how MSU is comfortbly in.

They also draw a solid Minnesota team on Thursday of the Big Ten tourney, in Minneapolis. The vast majority of the crowd will be Gopher fans. That's a really tough draw.

If they drop that one, finish 18-14, having lost 5 of their last 6, the committee is going to have a lot of soul searching to consider.
I mean, MSU is not even on the bubble somehow. 13 losses and only one or two good wins. Unreal.

I f-ing hate crying Izzo. He's a hypocritical whiny dbag.

775fea1aef37557f89ce6d893c13be8d.jpg

18-13, 10-10.

Efficiency margin. Michigan State has been closer in their losses and/or better in their wins.

Same record. But look at IU’s average MOV vs Michigan States.

I’m not saying it’s necessarily right to select the field based on that but that’s the difference in their NET rankings.

Despite having the same record, Michigan State has outperformed IU rather noticeably. IU average MOV is -1.4. Michigan State is +7.5. That’s a huge difference. Especially for 2 teams with the same record.

Looking at the schedules…IU has lost by 20 or more 3 times and 8 of their 13 losses are by double figures. Only 3 of Michigan States have been by double figures.

On the other side, 13 of Michigan States 18 wins are by double figures. Only 6 of IU’s have been by double figures.

Personally i don’t think either team should be in. But Michigan State certainly has a better probability of advancing if they do get in.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT