ADVERTISEMENT

New Joker movie **SPOILERS**

Read the reddit reviews you get a better understanding. They said the first hour you sympathize with him. The second he becomes the joker and you hate him.

Well, that’s the idea.

I thought you meant something shocking or controversial.

Real talk.
It's like a lethargic blow job, no climax. I don't see what the hype is all about.I'd could have saved my money and listen to my wife talk about work. not a fan.JMO

Reactions: SoulSearcher22
Real talk.
It's like a lethargic blow job, no climax. I don't see what the hype is all about.I'd could have saved my money and listen to my wife talk about work. not a fan.JMO

I felt that way, too. I'd call it a good movie but man did it take a long time to get to the climax. Phoenix gave a great performance but I spent the entire movie thinking "hurry up and become Joker".

I'd give it a 7/10 and don't think it has near the re-watch value of any of the three movies in Nolan's trilogy and definitely not The Dark Knight.

I felt that way, too. I'd call it a good movie but man did it take a long time to get to the climax. Phoenix gave a great performance but I spent the entire movie thinking "hurry up and become Joker".

I'd give it a 7/10 and don't think it has near the re-watch value of any of the three movies in Nolan's trilogy and definitely not The Dark Knight.
I'd give it a 5 out of ten. It makes me want to save my money and never return to the theater. the best part about it was the marketing campaign. I'm glad you caught the climax, I sure didn't.

I'd give it a 5 out of ten. It makes me want to save my money and never return to the theater. the best part about it was the marketing campaign. I'm glad you caught the climax, I sure didn't.

The climax was the talk show. That was an amazing scene.

I'm legit bummed, the bumness is lingering. . I had really high hopes.

That's all I'll say.

I'm legit bummed, the bumness is lingering. . I had really high hopes.

That's all I'll say.

Why get your hopes so high? It’s a movie about the Joker. In the end, it’s just a cash grab, hoping to provide decent entertainment along the way.

Go throw on Watchmen to get the bad taste out.

Just watched it. It’s a slow burn and it’s character development is excellent.

Its difficult to not sympathize with the guy. His background is brutal.

My only kind of complaint is the scene where the Wayne’s are killed. We’ve seen that a 100 times and it felt kind of forced

Honestly thought it was really good. The emotional performance from Phoenix, along with the growing signs of mental illness and growing up in a physical and mentally abusive environment made the joker turn out the way he did. The system failed him. I thought it was brilliant, and didn’t really need all the bells and whistles like a marvel flick would have. The climax was perfect, especially considering they were trying to make it as true to that era as they could. Well done, will def see again.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Good movie, but kinda disappointed. It got overhyped, partially due to the “controversy” surrounded the film. It was a good character study into the guy, but the talk show ending was meh and predictable. Agreed that the Wayne family getting killed during the riots felt forced. I would bet Todd Phillips didn’t want that in there, but the studios told him to add it. I didn’t like the portrayal of Thomas Wayne as a sort of bad guy running for mayor and then throwing all the poor right under the bus.

I went with my wife and her brother to see it again, first time for them, I like it much better the second time b/c I wasn't blinded by the hype. I really went into it the first time expecting something more. It is what it is, and what it is,is a slow burn with great acting.

Last edited:
Good movie, but kinda disappointed. It got overhyped, partially due to the “controversy” surrounded the film. It was a good character study into the guy, but the talk show ending was meh and predictable. Agreed that the Wayne family getting killed during the riots felt forced. I would bet Todd Phillips didn’t want that in there, but the studios told him to add it. I didn’t like the portrayal of Thomas Wayne as a sort of bad guy running for mayor and then throwing all the poor right under the bus.

Was Thomas his father? Based on the picture he is holding of his mother it would seem yes, so maybe he sees Thomas different than the rest of the world.

Did any of the movie actually happen at all or was Arthur telling a story to his doctor?

Was Thomas his father? Based on the picture he is holding of his mother it would seem yes, so maybe he sees Thomas different than the rest of the world.

Did any of the movie actually happen at all or was Arthur telling a story to his doctor?

I think it’s a bit of both. Some of it definitely happened and some of it was made up in his mind to justify some of his actions.

The part when Joker steals the file from the mental hospital as he bashes his head against the screen seemed like the turning point, as soon as he finds out he was adopted and subjected to all of that trauma growing up.

ADVERTISEMENT