ADVERTISEMENT

New Jersey

I was ignoring this thread because I thought we were talking about New Jersey, and well, who wants to do that. Glad I popped in.

Arrogant yankees are the worst. Though I have recently discovered that people from Texas are also arrogant.

Wait wait wait... you RECENTLY discovered people from Texas are arrogant?! RECENTLY?! How is that possible? Had you just never met anyone from Texas before?

Wait wait wait... you RECENTLY discovered people from Texas are arrogant?! RECENTLY?! How is that possible? Had you just never met anyone from Texas before?
Haha. I have had limited experience with people from Texas. But I was around a bunch of them in Belize a few weeks ago. They acted like I came a long way from North Carolina to visit Texas. I had to keep reminding them that we weren't in fvcking Texas.

Reactions: TheDude1
Haha. I have had limited experience with people from Texas. But I was around a bunch of them in Belize a few weeks ago. They acted like I came a long way from North Carolina to visit Texas. I had to keep reminding them that we weren't in fvcking Texas.

Hah! You can talk about northerners being jerks, but nobody, and I mean nobody, is as bad as Texans.

I've never been to New Jersey, I've never been north of Cleveland. I'm sure I would enjoy some things, and there are definitely sites/attractions you can get in a bigger city than anything Kentucky offers. But at the end of the day, I'm just way too much of a redneck to live anywhere bigger than Louisville.
So, where do you and Dude meet for sex?

Reactions: JimboBBN
I am going out on a limb here. Do you know a couple in their mid 30's from Midland (I think that's where you're from) Justin and Susan. Recently married.
Ha. Yes that’s where I live. No I do not know them off the top of my head.

Was this the insufferable couple from Texas you met in Belize? There are quite a few people like that around here. Fairly small town (100K) built on oil and networking. Lots of people play the “who do you know” type of game to gauge your value. Because of that and little business diversity here outside of the industry you have a lot of arrogance.

Ha. Yes that’s where I live. No I do not know them off the top of my head.

Was this the insufferable couple from Texas you met in Belize? There are quite a few people like that around here. Fairly small town (100K) built on oil and networking. Lots of people play the “who do you know” type of game to gauge your value. Because of that and little business diversity here outside of the industry you have a lot of arrogance.
No. They were who we spent the most time with. They were very nice actually. Was not meant as a trap.

Reactions: schoonerwest
I love my state. Rich, some of the best education in the nation, some of the best health care in the nation, almost the entire Revolutionary War was fought here, I drove into the middle of midtown Manhattan on Monday night in 35 minutes for a big ass dinner, and some of the most beautiful small towns around... nothing better than wandering main street on a beautiful summer day, stopping in one of a hundred restaurants for brunch, sitting in the village green, going to the little local theatre... Sure, there are shithole parts of NJ, and there are some trashy people, but there are shithole parts of, and trashy people in, Kentucky and Mississippi and North Carolina and Montana and all sorts of other places. And yeah, the taxes are a bit high, but we get a lot for them, and SOMEONE has to take care of those "taker" states in the South.

Most people who trash Jersey haven't been here, or have only been on the nasty piece of highway around Newark International/the ports. It's really quite nice:)
I went to Camden for a couple concerts. Shit hole. Pearl Jam was great though, thankfully.

No. They were who we spent the most time with. They were very nice actually. Was not meant as a trap.
That’s good. I don’t mean to make it sound like all of Midland is the way I described. That kind of attitude is just more prevalent here than any other place I’ve ever lived and I think it’s because it’s a small enough place that’s largely focused on one of the most profitable industries in the world. There’s still a lot of really nice people around.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
That’s good. I don’t mean to make it sound like all of Midland is the way I described. That kind of attitude is just more prevalent here than any other place I’ve ever lived and I think it’s because it’s a small enough place that’s largely focused on one of the most profitable industries in the world. There’s still a lot of really nice people around.
Its because you're a Kansas fan and Texans don't like dirty

Reactions: schoonerwest
Its because you're a Kansas fan and Texans don't like dirty
Up until a couple of years ago fans of the 2 schools could not care about each other any less. It was usually a 65-10 football game and a 90-66 basketball game every time they played. Recently it’s gotten a lot more interesting and I’ve been invited to friends houses for the basketball games.

But you’re right. Most Texans look down on Kansas people even more so than they do Oklahoma people. :(

Up until a couple of years ago fans of the 2 schools could not care about each other any less. It was usually a 65-10 football game and a 90-66 basketball game every time they played. Recently it’s gotten a lot more interesting and I’ve been invited to friends houses for the basketball games.

But you’re right. Most Texans look down on Kansas people even more so than they do Oklahoma people. :(
I mean, I still don't see Texas as a threat in hoops. And unfortunately for you guys, Kansas has been even worse in football. I do like the Miles hire, though. I think he's the best Kansas could have done, and they did well.

I mean, I still don't see Texas as a threat in hoops. And unfortunately for you guys, Kansas has been even worse in football. I do like the Miles hire, though. I think he's the best Kansas could have done, and they did well.
Should have said I was talking about Texas Tech. They are the big school out here in West Texas followed by probably A&M.

I love my state. Rich, some of the best education in the nation, some of the best health care in the nation, almost the entire Revolutionary War was fought here, I drove into the middle of midtown Manhattan on Monday night in 35 minutes for a big ass dinner, and some of the most beautiful small towns around... nothing better than wandering main street on a beautiful summer day, stopping in one of a hundred restaurants for brunch, sitting in the village green, going to the little local theatre... Sure, there are shithole parts of NJ, and there are some trashy people, but there are shithole parts of, and trashy people in, Kentucky and Mississippi and North Carolina and Montana and all sorts of other places. And yeah, the taxes are a bit high, but we get a lot for them, and SOMEONE has to take care of those "taker" states in the South.

Most people who trash Jersey haven't been here, or have only been on the nasty piece of highway around Newark International/the ports. It's really quite nice:)
Jersey is a nice state outside of a few areas. Hell it houses "Pine Valley" and for that I think it is a wonderful state. LOL. Living in CT and having business in NJ/NY over the last few decades I have gotten to know areas that most people who form their opinion about those two areas do not get to see. Upstate in both of those states are great!

Ummm, who goes to KY on vacation?
The Queen of England.

61465ho999_queen_elizabe.jpg

Louisville and Lexington are great cities.

Sorry for the serious take. Back to trashing everyone and everything Kentucky and/or Duke, oh and Jersey.

I never heard of those cities being vacation hot spots and I never been to KY. The closest I been to was Hunington WV and I haven’t been back. I may have to check it out.

ADVERTISEMENT