ADVERTISEMENT

New Clinton Foundation stuff...

OP since the thread title is about the Hillary foundation post some info on it
like what percentage did they actually give to charities, things like that

Sure, if you are interested... despite some people disliking the Clintons personally, the Clinton Foundation generally gets stellar marks as a charity, and is considered one of the top charities in the world, and it tends to give between 80 and 90 percent of its donations out.

http://fortune.com/2016/08/27/clinton-foundation-health-work/

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=16680

I think everyone likely agrees that more charities that do genuinely good work is always a good thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quavarius
2012 for me.

When’s the last time you voted for a Republican?

Woulda voted for W if I was old enough (he wouldn't have gotten my vote for a second term). Would have been okay with Mitt beating Obama, too, I just liked Obama a little more.

Sure, if you are interested... despite some people disliking the Clintons personally, the Clinton Foundation generally gets stellar marks as a charity, and is considered one of the top charities in the world, and it tends to give between 80 and 90 percent of its donations out.

I think everyone likely agrees that more charities that do genuinely good work is always a good thing.

what percentage did the Trump charity give away?

Indeed. The Haitians especially. They desperately wish there were more charities doing good work!

Reactions: AZWLDCATFAN
Indeed. The Haitians especially. They desperately wish there were more charities doing good work!

I was looking over the Clinton Foundation website about Haiti stuff. I found this from their website:

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/our-work/clinton-foundation-haiti

It seems there are two issues with the Clinton/Haiti thing.

First is that the Clinton Foundation did the same thing as a lot of other organizations; it put a lot of its money towards non-Haitian organizations, like the Red Cross, and NOT towards Haitian organizations. That made a number of Haitians angry, but "...A US Government Accountability Office report discovered no hint of wrongdoing, but concluded the IHRC's decisions were "not necessarily aligned with Haitian priorities"." This isn't unusual, especially if local organizations were devastated and unable to actually provide meaningful aid.

The second is there were accusations of some sort of scheme involving the Clintons favoring certain contractors, specifically a Korean clothing manufacturer that built a factory in Haiti that only added 8,000 jobs to the local economy. That manufacturer also donated between 50 and 100k to the Clinton Foundation. I haven't seen anything that shows anything wrong actually being done... it seems a company that was building a large factory donated to a charity that was helping to build it, which isn't illegal or anything... most companies invest in the areas they build in. I haven't seen anything proving there was anything nefarious there, and I can't find any more details.

Link

If you have any links, I'd be happy to read them!

Here's the thing:

If the Clintons defrauded donors or benefitted when they should have been helping, I'd be pretty damn horrified, and I wouldn't consider supporting either of them for public office... I can't help but think that stealing from a charity or whatever is a pretty bad sign, and while there will always be a certain amount of "pay to play" in our government, I still believe that you want leaders to be decent people when at all possible.

@MrBaracus, do you feel the same way? If Donald Trump was found to be ripping off people, would you decide he is not fit to be a leader and instead support other candidates with political stances aligned with your own?

^ nice try, but HRC was involved with schemes to steal Haitian children for the sex industry, killing anyone who done out, and using the blood money for Chelsea's wedding (and the Satanic ritual reception).

Do you realize that by writing this stuff you come off as “hurr durr my team rules your team drools” on the other side of the aisle?

Derail a thread....that was meant to be some trap to get people to condemn clintons actions that would otherwise show some support for Trump.........and then pull a world wide web switcheroo???

T, you should be able to discuss something like this without trying to derail it with some silly and completely unimportant nonsense about John Legend. The fact that I felt I had to actually hide the purpose behind the thread in order to get people to look at it is a bit sad. The President's charity being sued is actually important, especially given how other politicians have been attacked for their charities and because he is accused of using money donated to charity for political purposes.

Come on man. Post your outrage at John Legend in its own thread. Contribute to this one. You've always struck me as a decent dude who is willing to step back from "your sides" stance. What are your actual thoughts about this?

Reactions: Quavarius
T, you should be able to discuss something like this without trying to derail it with some silly and completely unimportant nonsense about John Legend. The fact that I felt I had to actually hide the purpose behind the thread in order to get people to look at it is a bit sad. The President's charity being sued is actually important, especially given how other politicians have been attacked for their charities and because he is accused of using money donated to charity for political purposes.

Come on man.
I don't feel like there is discussion to be had. I don't think Trump has ever been above the fray in his business dealings, nor do I think any celebrity named foundation is completely ethical. I'd guess many are set up for tax breaks, and the little good they do....is still worth it in the end, b/c its something. The douchbags get the positive press and get to toot their horns and somebody somewhere benefits on a smaller scale. I don't for a second think the clinton foundation didn't receive illegal funding or donations in return for something else. I think all candidates are dirtier than any of us could ever fathom. I don't pretend that the side i lean doesn't do the exact thing the opposition is chastised for. The more people open their minds to the double sided mirror, the sooner this shit can be eradicated. The general population gets tricked into backing people they detest, just b/c they hate the other more.
The fact is, Trump as a person is easily intolerable......but what options were there? I'd bet quite a few more voters would have made a sensible choice like kasich if they believed he could beat the clinton/obama/sanders media machine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/nyregion/trump-foundation-lawsuit-attorney-general.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/16/opinions/trump-foundation-scandal-opinion-snell/index.html

Apparently one arm of the Trump Foundation took money for veterans, but then turned around and actually used those funds for settling lawsuits against Donald and for 2016 campaign stuff.

They also apparently ran some sort of thing where they did this series of classes meant to teach young people about international relations and how to help people abroad and all of that, and then it turned out to be nonsense... like, these useless speeches by, like, interns... and the money they paid was supposed to go to charity... but turns out, it actually went right to Trump himself.

The Attorney General in New York is now suing him for it for violating all sorts of state and federal laws about charities and politics, thanks in part to a bunch of found emails among his people who basically admit all of this, including a note from Donald herself.

Oh, and Donald reportedly hasn't personally donated to his own charity for like a decade.

Again... sorry.
Trump will win this lawsuit. Another far left to try and take him down.

Reactions: SNU0821
I'm pretty sure that the GOP was worried about it's base not coming out to vote if Kasich was the nominee. Sucks. I think he was good.

Ah, I see. Yeah, he appealed to moderates but not the types that Trump brought in on the right. I liked him, too. He was my first choice.

Do you realize that by writing this stuff you come off as “hurr durr my team rules your team drools” on the other side of the aisle?

Fair point. I've been spending a lot of time on r/conspiracy and the q-anon subreddit lately, but I haven't seen that stuff here so probably shouldn't have even raised it. Seriously, though, some interesting stuff on those subreddits. It's my lunch reading on slow work days.

^ nice try, but HRC was involved with schemes to steal Haitian children for the sex industry, killing anyone who done out, and using the blood money for Chelsea's wedding (and the Satanic ritual reception).

RollLaugh

Come on man. Post your outrage at John Legend in its own thread. Contribute to this one. You've always struck me as a decent dude who is willing to step back from "your sides" stance. What are your actual thoughts about this?

But Kendrick Lamar let a white girl say the N word. Gotta hear both sides.

I was looking over the Clinton Foundation website about Haiti stuff. I found this from their website:

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/our-work/clinton-foundation-haiti

It seems there are two issues with the Clinton/Haiti thing.

First is that the Clinton Foundation did the same thing as a lot of other organizations; it put a lot of its money towards non-Haitian organizations, like the Red Cross, and NOT towards Haitian organizations. That made a number of Haitians angry, but "...A US Government Accountability Office report discovered no hint of wrongdoing, but concluded the IHRC's decisions were "not necessarily aligned with Haitian priorities"." This isn't unusual, especially if local organizations were devastated and unable to actually provide meaningful aid.

The second is there were accusations of some sort of scheme involving the Clintons favoring certain contractors, specifically a Korean clothing manufacturer that built a factory in Haiti that only added 8,000 jobs to the local economy. That manufacturer also donated between 50 and 100k to the Clinton Foundation. I haven't seen anything that shows anything wrong actually being done... it seems a company that was building a large factory donated to a charity that was helping to build it, which isn't illegal or anything... most companies invest in the areas they build in. I haven't seen anything proving there was anything nefarious there, and I can't find any more details.

Link

If you have any links, I'd be happy to read them!

Here's the thing:

If the Clintons defrauded donors or benefitted when they should have been helping, I'd be pretty damn horrified, and I wouldn't consider supporting either of them for public office... I can't help but think that stealing from a charity or whatever is a pretty bad sign, and while there will always be a certain amount of "pay to play" in our government, I still believe that you want leaders to be decent people when at all possible.

@MrBaracus, do you feel the same way? If Donald Trump was found to be ripping off people, would you decide he is not fit to be a leader and instead support other candidates with political stances aligned with your own?

That's why political atheism is generally the best option.

Why feel the need to choose a side?

Reactions: bkingUK
John Legend is a dumbass. He’s continuing to prove it over and over again. He couldn’t stand that Kanye didn’t fall into the stereotypical liberal mindset.

DbuPLXVVAAArf2E.jpg

DbuXkxDUwAAKlEn.jpg

"Think freely, but only if you're thinking like me."

That's why political atheism is generally the best option.

Why feel the need to choose a side?

This feels insincere. You seem intent on bashing a former politician, Hillary Clinton, whenever possible, but when I ask you a specific question you sort of dodge it...?

ADVERTISEMENT