ADVERTISEMENT

New Clinton Foundation stuff...

TheDude1

Apr 15, 2010
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/nyregion/trump-foundation-lawsuit-attorney-general.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/16/opinions/trump-foundation-scandal-opinion-snell/index.html

Apparently one arm of the Trump Foundation took money for veterans, but then turned around and actually used those funds for settling lawsuits against Donald and for 2016 campaign stuff.

They also apparently ran some sort of thing where they did this series of classes meant to teach young people about international relations and how to help people abroad and all of that, and then it turned out to be nonsense... like, these useless speeches by, like, interns... and the money they paid was supposed to go to charity... but turns out, it actually went right to Trump himself.

The Attorney General in New York is now suing him for it for violating all sorts of state and federal laws about charities and politics, thanks in part to a bunch of found emails among his people who basically admit all of this, including a note from Donald herself.

Oh, and Donald reportedly hasn't personally donated to his own charity for like a decade.

Again... sorry.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the board hippies to show up and get this party started.

popcorn.gif

Not at all surprising......but it just going to be another thing we have to listen to for ages and nothing gets done about it. I think most people all ready knew this kinda stuff happens.

Not familiar with everybody's "roles" here, but I thought The Dude was a liberal-leaning Clinton apologist? Is that another Duke fanboy?

Not familiar with everybody's "roles" here, but I thought The Dude was a liberal-leaning Clinton apologist? Is that another Duke fanboy?

I think that’s what he apologized for at the end . “Sorry in advance [for defending her previously].”

Or maybe it was apologizing in advance for starting a new 15 pager. Idk.

Reactions: I am stupid
His teeter totter has been on non stop totter.......this smells like a handout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/latest.clinton.foundation

:(

Apparently one arm of the Clinton Foundation took money for veterans, but then turned around and actually used those funds for settling lawsuits against Bill and Hillary and for 2016 campaign stuff.

They also apparently ran some sort of thing where they did this series of classes meant to teach young people about international relations and how to help people abroad and all of that, and then it turned out to be nonsense... like, these useless speeches by, like, interns... and the money they paid was supposed to go to charity... but turns out, it actually went right to the Clintons themselves.

The Attorney General in New York (whoops... I suppose the whole ‘Declaring that you live in New York thing backfired...) is now suing them for it for violating all sorts of state and federal laws about charities and politics, thanks in part to a bunch of found “Hillary emails” among her people who basically admit all of this, including a note from Hillary herself.

Oh, and Bill and Hillary reportedly haven’t personally donated to their own charity for like a decade.

Sorry in advance.
Why isn’t the link working anymore?

Hey guys,

Okay, full disclosure... I didn't mean this as a dick move, but more of a "getting an honest reaction" move.

The entire first post isn't about Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation; it is entirely about Donald Trump and the Trump Foundation.

Literally entirely about him and his foundation. Every bit of it (with the exception, obviously, of the whole address change thing.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/nyregion/trump-foundation-lawsuit-attorney-general.html

And that's what kills me... it is how we often get "Well, I wish he would tweet less" but thats the often the only criticism we get of the President in these seriously partisan times.

But the President seems to have SO many issues about which he can be criticized that people don't go after him for...

Obviously there are policy issues, but those can always be criticized by one side or the other... Democrats can cite a deficit anticipated to reach $33 trillion by 2028, no Wall, a looming trade war, no real quantifiable progress with North Korea, no health care reform, the whole recent mess with children at our border, and so on... Republicans can point to the lowest unemployment rate in nearly 20 years, a historic meeting with North Korea, a growing DOW, lowered illegal immigration, and so on... a lot of this depends on whether you are a conservative or liberal.

But I am always so surprised that it seems that other, more personal, more Trump-focused shortcomings are just ignored.

Think about the original post; that's all Donald. That's the Trump Foundation using donations for veterans to pay off Trump's lawsuits, thats Trump University settling for $25 million, that's the Trump Foundation being sued for violating both state and federal law, and Trump Foundation employees and Donald Trump himself writing about it all in emails... and behind it all is a man who has been sued more than any peer, and who made a career out of literally using lawsuits against American workers and American small businesses... he would let them do work for him, then not pay them, let them sue, and then just out wait them, knowing that they couldn't afford to keep up with him in terms of the law. Eventually he would settle for pennies on the dollar.

And he did it to THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of Americans.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...donald-trump-lawsuits-legal-battles/84995854/

And while some people might say "Well, as a business man, he SHOULD do that!"

That's ridiculous.

And some people might say "Well, that's when he was in business, not when he was President."

And even with THAT... he is the first President to not put his finances in a blind trust, he still remains active with all of his businesses, and there seems to be no slowing down there... hundreds of trademarks granted for his own business in countries that he is interacting with as President, $500 million loans from China to a company involved with his golf courses and hotels, millions of our taxpayer dollars going to his golf resorts as he goes golfing every weekend... on and on and on

So why do we think that this person who took advantage of thousands and thousands of Americans and American businesses is suddenly changing who he is, especially when all signs point to "he isn't" in ways we've never seen before?

And this doesn't include things like the whole sexual harassment scandals, the multiple affairs, the mocking of a handicapped reporter, the "many good people" in a white nationalist march, and so on and so forth, things that ALL of us, I think, would privately shake our heads at, and which MANY of us would take as a real sign of a weak person.

And why don't more people on the right call this out? Why don't more people on the right say "WTF?"

I'm sorry for this thread, in a way.

I think Bill Clinton generally did a good job as President. Benefits of hindsight, of course. But he still had huge things I'd call him out on... failure when it comes to regulation of housing and banking, failure to get Bin Laden, failure to reform health care... and that doesn't even get into the fact that he is an absolute scumball of epic proportions.

I just really wish that more people on the right would consistently call out our current President, who is FAR more important than a president from 20 years ago or his wife, a failed Presidential candidate who likely won't ever run for anything meaningful again, for policy issues but also for other stuff.

We've seen plenty of Republican leaders do that... McCain, Corker, Romney, Bush, Graham, Collins, Ryan, etc etc... I wish we saw more of it from regular folks, ESPECIALLY how up-in-arms people have gotten over the Clintons and the Clinton Foundation.

Anyway... sorry for the "deception"... not trying to be a dick about it, but just trying to point it out. Wish we heard more from the righties. I'll avoid any more political stuff for the rest of the week as punishment for me/reward for everyone else:)

Reactions: cosmickid
Hey guys,

Okay, full disclosure... I didn't mean this as a dick move, but more of a "getting an honest reaction" move.

The entire first post isn't about Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation; it is entirely about Donald Trump and the Trump Foundation.

Literally entirely about him and his foundation. Every bit of it (with the exception, obviously, of the whole address change thing.)

And that's what kills me... it is how we often get "Well, I wish he would tweet less" but thats the often the only criticism we get of the President in these seriously partisan times.

But the President seems to have SO many issues about which he can be criticized that people don't go after him for...

Obviously there are policy issues, but those can always be criticized by one side or the other... Democrats can cite a deficit anticipated to reach $33 trillion by 2028, no Wall, a looming trade war, no real quantifiable progress with North Korea, no health care reform, the whole recent mess with children at our border, and so on... Republicans can point to the lowest unemployment rate in nearly 20 years, a historic meeting with North Korea, a growing DOW, lowered illegal immigration, and so on... a lot of this depends on whether you are a conservative or liberal.

But I am always so surprised that it seems that other, more personal, more Trump-focused shortcomings are just ignored.

Think about the original post; that's all Donald. That's the Trump Foundation using donations for veterans to pay off Trump's lawsuits, thats Trump University settling for $25 million, that's the Trump Foundation being sued for violating both state and federal law, and Trump Foundation employees and Donald Trump himself writing about it all in emails... and behind it all is a man who has been sued more than any peer, and who made a career out of literally using lawsuits against American workers and American small businesses... he would let them do work for him, then not pay them, let them sue, and then just out wait them, knowing that they couldn't afford to keep up with him in terms of the law. Eventually he would settle for pennies on the dollar.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...donald-trump-lawsuits-legal-battles/84995854/

That's ridiculous.

And some people might say "Well, that's when he was in business, not when he was President."

And even with THAT... he is the first President to not put his finances in a blind trust, he still remains active with all of his businesses, and there seems to be no slowing down there... hundreds of trademarks granted for his own business in countries that he is interacting with as President, $500 million loans from China to a company involved with his golf courses and hotels, millions of our taxpayer dollars going to his golf resorts as he goes golfing every weekend... on and on and on

So why do we think that this person who took advantage of thousands and thousands of Americans and American businesses is suddenly changing who he is, especially when all signs point to "he isn't" in ways we've never seen before?

And this doesn't include things like the whole sexual harassment scandals, the multiple affairs, the mocking of a handicapped reporter, the "many good people" in a white nationalist march, and so on and so forth, things that ALL of us, I think, would privately shake our heads at, and which MANY of us would take as a real sign of a weak person.

And why don't more people on the right call this out? Why don't more people on the right say "WTF?"

I think Bill Clinton generally did a good job as President. Benefits of hindsight, of course. But he still had huge things I'd call him out on... failure when it comes to regulation of housing and banking, failure to get Bin Laden, failure to reform health care... and that doesn't even get into the fact that he is an absolute scumball of epic proportions.

I just really wish that more people on the right would consistently call out our current President, who is FAR more important than a president from 20 years ago or his wife, a failed Presidential candidate who likely won't ever run for anything meaningful again, for policy issues but also for other stuff.

We've seen plenty of Republican leaders do that... McCain, Corker, Romney, Bush, Graham, Collins, Ryan, etc etc... I wish we saw more of it from regular folks, ESPECIALLY how up-in-arms people have gotten over the Clintons and the Clinton Foundation.

Anyway... sorry for the "deception"... not trying to be a dick about it, but just trying to point it out. Wish we heard more from the righties. I'll avoid any more political stuff for the rest of the week as punishment for me/reward for everyone else:)
TLDR but...
Would you **** off already? We don't need another political thread on the board, especially not one started for the sole purpose of stirring up shit. This is straight up trolling and unnecessary. And for the record if SNU or hail or some other right winger did this I'd be posting the same thing.

If he had ran against a decent opponent he would have lost. But when you line up the most disliked person of our generation to run against anyone don’t be surprised when the anyone wins. Hillary wasn’t beating any republican candidate because nobody in rural America could bear the thought of Hillary being our president.

Hey guys,

That's ridiculous.

Nobody is reading this bruh. Condense this shit.

And yeah I for one am stunned that a POS continues to be a POS.

Here is the problem.... everyone(not literally) already knows he is a bad person. This thread didnt change any of that and likely only hurt people view of you.
This. And if I’m being honest, this doesn’t change my views of how he’s doing as president. Everyone is well aware of the type of person he is. Doesn’t mean I have to agree with everything he does or even says/tweets. However, I disagreed with soooo many things that happened under Obama’s watch that I was still willing to overlook all of Donald’s imperfections and vote for him based on the policies he promised. And if I’m continuing to be honest, there isn’t a thing the Dems have done in the last two years that would make me think I would be changing my vote any time soon. No message. No policies. Nothing other than resist Trump.

If he had ran against a decent opponent he would have lost. But when you line up the most disliked person of our generation to run against anyone don’t be surprised when the anyone wins. Hillary wasn’t beating any republican candidate because nobody in rural America could bear the thought of Hillary being our president.

Right; we are past that, and her. She had FATAL flaws as a candidate.

Now it’s about him, because he has been our president for two years, and will be for another two or six years. So he is who we have to consider.

Last edited:
Here is the problem.... everyone(not literally) already knows he is a bad person. This thread didnt change any of that and likely only hurt people view of you.

TLDR but...
Would you **** off already? We don't need another political thread on the board, especially not one started for the sole purpose of stirring up shit. This is straight up trolling and unnecessary. And for the record if SNU or hail or some other right winger did this I'd be posting the same thing.

I would hope that most people would get that the most important person to think about in this thread isn't me:)

And I hope that it doesn't get people too angry or whatever... or should I say SO angry that they can't take a second to get the point. Sorry it was deceptive... I only let it go for a bit. But I thought it might actually get the point across in a way that people noticed.

Last edited:
The problem is @TheDude1 is that you posted a factual article that doesn't require talking point opinions so there is nothing to talk about. You need something with more outrage. With most Presidents, this might be outrageous. Not with Trump

It doesn't help that this is the off-season for school shootings because that topic is nearly a lock.

lurk.r191677.gif

Now it’s about him, because he has been our president for two years, and will be for another two or six years. So he is who we have to consider.

You’re right. I am just mainly fed up with the people who acted like there was much of a choice. I didn’t vote for either but I’ll live with trumps business corruption over Hilldogs political corruption

No, we don't. What we need to do is look past these figureheads to the root of the problem. It's amazing that every four years everyone swallows a new, slightly differently dressed rthetoric hook, line and sinker. I would've thought that listening to Obama preach "hope and change" for months, then witnessing him immediately fill his administration with an unprecedented number of lobbyists and Wall St assholes would have awaken people to the reality.

The Wall St and global money masters are all that matters. Of, by, for them.

It doesn't matter what kind of rhetoric is spewed, because we haven't had a real president since JFK (the last to actually fight for the people's interests), and we never will until people quit focusing on figureheads and this ridiculous left vs right paradigm.

People have even allowed themselves to be brainwashed to the extent of putting all their efforts and energy into supporting the "lesser of two evils." Ridiculous. Especially given that this "lesser of two evils" will ultimately be just as controlled and manipulated as their opponent.

You don't even sniff the office without being from their bloodline. Every f'ing president in history (minus Van Buren) is blood related. All bought and paid for by the same interests.

A true outsider like Ron Paul or Nader will never have a legitimate chance. Ron Paul came as close as anyone like him could, but the media blackout was too much to overcome and not enough people had woke up to reality. And now it's like we're going backwards.

Reactions: KDcats11 and tw3301
No, we don't. What we need to do is look past these figureheads to the root of the problem. It's amazing that every four years everyone swallows a new, slightly differently dressed rthetoric hook, line and sinker. I would've thought that listening to Obama preach "hope and change" for months, then witnessing him immediately fill his administration with an unprecedented number of lobbyists and Wall St assholes would have awaken people to the reality.

The Wall St and global money masters are all that matters. Of, by, for them.

It doesn't matter what kind of rhetoric is spewed, because we haven't had a real president since JFK (the last to actually fight for the people's interests), and we never will until people quit focusing on figureheads and this ridiculous left vs right paradigm.

People have even allowed themselves to be brainwashed to the extent of putting all their efforts and energy into supporting the "lesser of two evils." Ridiculous. Especially given that this "lesser of two evils" will ultimately be just as controlled and manipulated as their opponent.

You don't even sniff the office without being from their bloodline. Every f'ing president in history (minus Van Buren) is blood related. All bought and paid for by the same interests.

A true outsider like Ron Paul or Nader will never have a legitimate chance. Ron Paul came as close as anyone like him could, but the media blackout was too much to overcome and not enough people had woke up to reality. And now it's like we're going backwards.

What we really need to do is elect Patrick Mahomes. There’s nothing that kid can’t do.

This. And if I’m being honest, this doesn’t change my views of how he’s doing as president. Everyone is well aware of the type of person he is. Doesn’t mean I have to agree with everything he does or even says/tweets. However, I disagreed with soooo many things that happened under Obama’s watch that I was still willing to overlook all of Donald’s imperfections and vote for him based on the policies he promised. And if I’m continuing to be honest, there isn’t a thing the Dems have done in the last two years that would make me think I would be changing my vote any time soon. No message. No policies. Nothing other than resist Trump.

When was the last time you voted for a Democrat?

Rand Paul will never get the nomination because everyone thinks he is crazy. Everytime he is on the ballot he has gotten my vote and will continue to get it as long as he runs.

He is truely one of the only if not THE ONLY fiscal conservatives in Washington. Our government is too big and has it’s nose in too many aspects of our life. Both sides of the political aisle should want a smaller government. Smaller government = freedom

Reactions: ChiTownSean
Problem with Rand Paul is that he's not Ron Paul. He's much more of a conservative than libertarian compared to his father.

Libertarians also generally are incapable of being elected to major office. So, maybe that's a good thing. But then again, if you're a typical Republican you probably wouldn't choose Rand Paul over a mainstream Republican type.

Basically, Rand Paul will never be President.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
Hey guys,

That's ridiculous.

His teeter totter has been on non stop totter.......this smells like a handout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is not surprising.

Reactions: SNU0821
Libertarianism in general is a losing platform and at this point is more about education than becoming a legitimate 3rd option.

Many reasons for that.

One, the nature of libertarians is to not promise anyone anything, but eliminate everything. Already they are fighting an uphill battle compared to Dems and Republicans who tend to use government to solve everything.

Two. Libertarianism is not an obtainable goal in its purest form. While it sounds nice to eliminate government and embrace some freedom-based utopia, eliminating all governance hasn't really proven to work in practice on large scales. It can for communities and possibly small regions, but that's the limit.

Two. Libertarianism is not an obtainable goal in its purest form. While it sounds nice to eliminate government and embrace some freedom-based utopia, eliminating all governance hasn't really proven to work in practice on large scales. It can for communities and possibly small regions, but that's the limit.

This. The elimination of governance creates power vacuums, which are always filled. Thomas Friedman liked to talk about super-empowered individuals and their capacity to cause greater harm now than ever before. That sentiment (cartoonish as it is) extends to other actors as well. Government can (repeat: can) provide some check to other actors, and it often does through antitrust, military/defense, and regulations. Tipping the scale too far one way or the other increases the relative power balance, but really it's all there.

And with the rise of things like adhesion contracts that govern almost all of our interactions with the corporate world, and the significance placed on those terms, individuals are fighting uphill in all directions. Courts have been scaling back non-government collective responses, such as unions and class action lawsuits (mandatory arbitration clauses in adhesion contracts, making class certification harder), which has the effect (or maybe side-effect?) of stripping power from individuals to act collectively without government intervention. Meaningful competition is key to consumer power in the marketplace of ideas. All the more reason Ajit Pai can EAD.

Reactions: bkingUK
OP since the thread title is about the Hillary foundation post some info on it
like what percentage did they actually give to charities, things like that

Reactions: treyforuk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT