ADVERTISEMENT

***NCAA Tournament Day 3 Thread***

I’m proud that Kansas is giving you guys your biggest win in school history. You’re in good company with Bucknell, Bradley, UTEP, Northern Iowa and Rhode Island.
I’ll take being in that company. Sorry for ur loss

What are you talking about? They are mugging us every time down the court. The good thing for them is they are letting most of them go. I kind of feel like their strategy in this game(other than hitting everything they throw in the air) is to just foul us every time we touch the ball, cause they can’t call them all. Are they deep or something?

No idea. I just think they had a string where KU fouled Auburn a few times in a row on shots. Agree completely they are letting the teams foul each other off the ball and on drives, which helps Auburn. Also, the last few possessions I would say they are just letting both teams kill each other down low.

I just don't know what you can do when they shoot like this though.

No idea. I just think they had a string where KU fouled Auburn a few times in a row on shots. Agree completely they are letting the teams foul each other off the ball and on drives, which helps Auburn. Also, the last few possessions I would say they are just letting both teams kill each other down low.

I just don't know what you can do when they shoot like this though.
Which hugely favors Auburn.

I mean, look at that last shot. High degree of difficulty there and they make it like it is nothing. I still like Kansas to make a run though. Auburn can go cold just like they can make a bunch. Plus, whistles tighten up and Auburn could be in trouble as well.

I’ll take being in that company. Sorry for ur loss
It’s ok. This is the first game I’ve seen in 2 weeks, and I missed about 10 games this year, so it doesn’t hurt like it normally does. Nice game though. You guys look unstoppable.

I dunno if UNC can beat Auburn. They look like they are perfectly built to take us down. It is a very bad match up for us.

Well now I’m just super ****ing confused
For the same reason that we stomped Texas Tech by 20 something then turned around and lost to them by 30. We caught fire from 3 in the first game and they caught fire the second time.

Basketball is weird, you can’t predict it. You can scheme all you want, but at the end of the day a big element in any game comes down to chance....simple statistics. You may get the same 70 shots in 2 games, make 40 of them in one game and 23 of them in another. Pure luck....or bad luck. Sometimes luck goes your way, like when we came out to a ridiculous hot start against UNC in ‘08 on our way to the title, and other times Lady Luck decides to bend you over and kill all your dreams, like Oregon two years ago, Nova last year, and Auburn this year. I feel like Lady Luck caught us with another woman, cause she has had it out for us lately.

I dunno if UNC can beat Auburn. They look like they are perfectly built to take us down. It is a very bad match up for us.
Meh....They like to go, go, go....Not sure you wanna do that with you guys. I like AU. Picked them as a FF team back in Sept. I don't think they are a bad match-up at all. Their style is exactly what UNC does best.

Reactions: Anthony B
And you’ll meet the same fate as all of them the next round. But hey, at least you were hot for a night and beat a depleted KU team!
That very well may be true. On paper Kansas depleted roster is still better than Auburn’s.

I mean, look at that last shot. High degree of difficulty there and they make it like it is nothing. I still like Kansas to make a run though. Auburn can go cold just like they can make a bunch. Plus, whistles tighten up and Auburn could be in trouble as well.

KU doesn’t have the shooters to make a run. If we still had Svi, Graham, and Mason, I might hold some hope for a run, but these guys aren’t good enough of shooters to come back this far back against anybody.

Meh....They like to go, go, go....Not sure you wanna do that with you guys. I like AU. Picked them as a FF team back in Sept. I don't think they are a bad match-up at all. Their style is exactly what UNC does best.

Wasn’t Auburn ranked in the top 10 back in November??

It’s ok. This is the first game I’ve seen in 2 weeks, and I missed about 10 games this year, so it doesn’t hurt like it normally does. Nice game though. You guys look unstoppable.
Not me. This one bothers me. I don’t mind losing. I just don’t want it to be like this. When a team just goes unconscious.... it just seems unfair in a way. Especially when you inevitably see that same team come out the next game and miss wide open looks. And this is the third straight year that we’ve ran into this bullshit. Last year it was Nova setting 3 point records. The year before it was Oregon banking in several threes. Just seems like we’ve had more than our fair share of bad luck. And when you add to that those fat-ass Adidas guys getting caught with their pants down...so we can’t even pick the right shoe company.

Don’t worry they will come out flat against you. I’ve seen this play a hundred times and know exactly how it ends.

*Sees Auburn leading 51-25 over Kansas at half*

Ouwwvsh.gif

Not me. This one bothers me. I don’t mind losing. I just don’t want it to be like this. When a team just goes unconscious.... it just seems unfair in a way. Especially when you inevitably see that same team come out the next game and miss wide open looks. And this is the third straight year that we’ve ran into this bulkshit. Last year it was Nova setting 3 point records. The year before it was Oregon banking in several threes. Just seems like we’ve had more than our fair share of bad luck. And when you add to that those fat-ass Adidas guys getting caught with their pants down...so we can’t even pick the right shoe company.
Yeah I can tell it bothers you. Haha. It does suck but what can we do? Kansas is still one of the best programs around with more tournament wins than anybody but North Carolina this century. Another title or two would be nice, and I agree KU seems to be unlucky more than anybody else, but I’m still happy with the results. For the most part.

I’m just happy I planned a wedding and went on a honeymoon when Kansas was at their lowest point in 20 years. Made it easier to not get so up for the team.

You do realize that you have to factor in experience and development, right? And that KU starts 4 freshmen?
Yeah...and our freshmen are a great example of how inexact recruiting is. Our two best freshmen are the lower rated recruits.

Still a lot of time left in this game...

ADVERTISEMENT