9 Baylor Zags -14
1 Gonzaga 7:10

10 Minnesota MSU -10
2 Michigan State 7:45

6 Villanova Pur -3.5
3 Purdue 8:40

5 Auburn AU -2
4 Kansas 9:40

John Calipari is 25-0 against mid majors in the NCAA tournament. I feel good about our game even without PJ Washington. But I felt good about the game against k State last year. Here’s hoping my wildcats don’t burn me two years in a row.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quavarius
Is PJ Washington officially out for today?

I’m not sure they’ll announce it “officially” till closer to game time. But he was in a hard cast during practice yesterday. And cal, Kenny Payne, his dad and pretty much everyone around the program has all but said he’s out.

I’m not sure they’ll announce it “officially” till closer to game time. But he was in a hard cast during practice yesterday. And cal, Kenny Payne, his dad and pretty much everyone around the program has all but said he’s out.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I’d say he’s not likely to play in that case. Still should win, but definitely hurts to lose a guy that good. He’s had a great year.

The spreads are pretty tight today. Hoping it plays out that way and we have some really close ones.

The entire KU fanbase has written this off as a loss. I actually don’t think it’s a bad matchup, unless they shoot above their average from outside.

The entire KU fanbase has written this off as a loss. I actually don’t think it’s a bad matchup, unless they shoot above their average from outside.

Auburn looks like a team that’s about out of gas to me. And their current run has been almost entirely dependent on brown and Harper staying hot. They are an undisciplined team. I just think Self has more than enough talent and ability left on that team after all the in season attrition to do his thing here.

Edit: also I have more faith in Kansas and self when they’re the under dog. I think he’s a coach that does well in that situation.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Auburn looks like a team that’s about out of gas to me. And their current run has been almost entirely dependent on brown and Harper staying hot. They are an undisciplined team. I just think Self has more than enough talent and ability left on that team after all the in season attrition to do his thing here.

Edit: also I have more faith in Kansas and self when they’re the under dog. I think he’s a coach that does well in that situation.

Yeah...they’ve been best in that role, whether due to his ability to motivate or just the psychological aspect of a dog playing with more focus and intensity. I also think they’re playing with a chip right now with everyone picking against them.

I think this will be Auburn's 6th game in 10 days too. They play a high octane pace too, do you could very well be right, they could be a bit worn down in this game.

I think this will be Auburn's 6th game in 10 days too. They play a high octane pace too, do you could very well be right, they could be a bit worn down in this game.

Plus they had to travel 2000 miles for their opening weekend. 2nd year in a row they got shipped West btw.

Reactions: Borotiger
Plus they had to travel 2000 miles for their opening weekend. 2nd year in a row they got shipped West btw.
Yeah, they're going to have rubber legs in the second half today. They are a deep team though.

However, Bruce Pearl needs to coach smarter. They played so stupid at the end of that NMSU game on Friday. They had a comfortable lead with only a few minutes left and they kept taking quick shots, shots they could get anytime they want. Why the hell would you take long two's and threes with 15 seconds on the clock when you're winning by 10 points with 3 minutes left?

Mind boggling.

Let’s go Terps!!!!!
That LSU's Maryland game is going to be awesome.

Both teams are talented as hell.

I don't know how much you know about LSU, but be prepared to be wow'd. Waters is an incredibly quick and slippery PG and their forwards are big and crazy athletic.

Good luck.

That LSU's Maryland game is going to be awesome.

Both teams are talented as hell.

I don't know how much you know about LSU, but be prepared to be wow'd. Waters is an incredibly quick and slippery PG and their forwards are big and crazy athletic.

Good luck.

Whoever wins the Waters vs Cowan battle will win the game- but Reid vs Bruno will be fun to

I picked FSU for the FF but I have a feeling Murray State wins today.

Besides the Florida game, I’m most excited to watch Ja Morant today. I wish I had tried watching him more this year.

I keep going back to this play from last night. Really impressive what he can do.

dHAXLR6.gif

Now back to today..

I'm trying to picture the game that they need to play to win... Seems unlikely
I'm thinking UK will deny Fletcher the ball with length abd pressure the basketball to make it hard for them to run anything offensively.

I'm not sure how Wofford will/can guard UK on the other end.

Have they? I haven’t gotten to watch any games since the regular season. Other than Iowa State game the scores seem to indicate that Kansas is playing pretty well right now. Also they’re pretty good at defending the 3 point shot which is what Auburn specializes in, right? I think they should win tonight.

-14 for a second round game is nuts. Highest spread of the weekend. Looks like Gonzaga should cruise today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT