ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Rookie Watch

Ipartiedwithhopgood

Jan 20, 2011
Got the day off thought we'd fire up some early thoughts. Winging it no research

1st Rd
Cunningham Detroit- Rough start. Banged up. Couple of real bad games on minute cap. Is this city just jinxed?

Green Houston- Up and down should get a ton of run for Houston they are terrible. Looks like he can score it

Mobley Cleveland - Not bad. A couple quiet games but seems to be doing well

Barnes Toronto - A couple of big games then got hurt. Not sure status of that but he looks like a damn good pick

Suggs Orlando - Kind of up and down getting a ton of run, didn't look great in Summer league but not bad so far

Giddey OKC - Dynamo all category scratcher. Might end up being one of the top players from the draft.

Wagner Orlando - Doing well. Proving he can score, getting some run with injuries on team

Mitchell Sacramento - Buried behind Fox/Haliburton looks like he is ok may need an injury or trade to increase value?

Duarte Indy - Rolling up good #'s with Pacer injuries. May stick even when they are 100%

Sengun Houston - Not bad, playing a lot. Not ready at age but looks to be good prospect

Murphy New Orleans - Getting a little run with injuries, not much happening

2nd Rd
Nobody doing much yet

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Got the day off thought we'd fire up some early thoughts. Winging it no research

1st Rd
Cunningham Detroit- Rough start. Banged up. Couple of real bad games on minute cap. Is this city just jinxed?

Green Houston- Up and down should get a ton of run for Houston they are terrible. Looks like he can score it

Mobley Cleveland - Not bad. A couple quiet games but seems to be doing well

Barnes Toronto - A couple of big games then got hurt. Not sure status of that but he looks like a damn good pick

Suggs Orlando - Kind of up and down getting a ton of run, didn't look great in Summer league but not bad so far

Giddey OKC - Dynamo all category scratcher. Might end up being one of the top players from the draft.

Wagner Orlando - Doing well. Proving he can score, getting some run with injuries on team

Mitchell Sacramento - Buried behind Fox/Haliburton looks like he is ok may need an injury or trade to increase value?

Duarte Indy - Rolling up good #'s with Pacer injuries. May stick even when they are 100%

Sengun Houston - Not bad, playing a lot. Not ready at age but looks to be good prospect

Murphy New Orleans - Getting a little run with injuries, not much happening

2nd Rd
Nobody doing much yet
You didn't give Mobley his due. Not bad? The dude looks like a future two way stud. Slim Duncan.

I wouldn't say Suggs has been up and down. He's been down. Dude had one good game so far.

Other than those two, agree with the write up.

You didn't give Mobley his due. Not bad? The dude looks like a future two way stud. Slim Duncan.

I wouldn't say Suggs has been up and down. He's been down. Dude had one good game so far.

Other than those two, agree with the write up.
I had Mobley in my Draft Kings daily last night he kinda let me down. Recency bias. I like him a lot.

RollLaugh RollLaugh

Cunningham-Starting to heat up
Green-Not bad
Mobley-Out 2-4 weeks
Barnes-Impressive
Suggs-Avg @ best
Giddey-Future star
Wagner-Solid
Duarte-Not bad

A few others getting some run but without comparing to prior drafts, seems a lot of these picks are far from being contributors.

Cunningham-Starting to heat up
Green-Not bad
Mobley-Out 2-4 weeks
Barnes-Impressive
Suggs-Avg @ best
Giddey-Future star
Wagner-Solid
Duarte-Not bad

A few others getting some run but without comparing to prior drafts, seems a lot of these picks are far from being contributors.
yea it's been kinda meh from the rookies this year. Wondering if the new and "improved" physical NBA is part of the reason.

Mobley looks like the best player by far. Cunningham finally starting to get going. Barnes looks very good as well. Not sure about future star for Giddey, but he looks good as well.

Suggs has been the biggest disappointment for me, but I'm not that surprised. After seeing him in Summer League I was shocked at how much slower he looked while driving the ball.

Kuminga should get a lot of run today. Warriors are sitting like 4 players tonight vs Detroit. Will be interesting to see how he does. He’s been playing a bit and he’s really working on defense which is nice.

yea it's been kinda meh from the rookies this year. Wondering if the new and "improved" physical NBA is part of the reason.

Mobley looks like the best player by far. Cunningham finally starting to get going. Barnes looks very good as well. Not sure about future star for Giddey, but he looks good as well.

Suggs has been the biggest disappointment for me, but I'm not that surprised. After seeing him in Summer League I was shocked at how much slower he looked while driving the ball.
The thing about Giddey, he is 19 first time playing in the US, he's already racking it up in multi cats. I could be skewed because I play on DK daily and he puts up the #'s but yeah I think he's gonna be an All-Star.

Suggs looked ok a couple nights but awful last night.

Cade overlooked last game probably because of brawl but he is for sure heating up.

Giddey is really good.

Barnes legit.

Suggs looked ok a couple nights but awful last night.

Cade overlooked last game probably because of brawl but he is for sure heating up.

Giddey is really good.

Barnes legit.

yea I have been majorly disappointed in Suggs. By my count he hasn't had more than one good game all season.

Really liked Giddey last night, but take it with a grain of salt since he was being guarded by Trae most of the night which is a slight step up from being guarded by a traffic cone. But give Giddey props, he showed a lot of IQ and poise beyond his years the way he sought out the PnR with Trae's matchup every time and got Trae isolated more often than not.

Garza starting for Beef Stew tonight with Olynk out.

Not sure how long he'll last but gotta give him credit for defying a lot of critics and getting an NBA start.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Cunningham has it rolling now
Wagner has been solid
Mobley and Barnes have looked really good too
Giddey up and down
Robinson-Earl getting a lot of run
Suggs hurt
Mitchell looks ok if Kings make trade he'll probably step up
Duarte still in rotation

Not much really happening. A lot of these draft picks are in the G League. Maybe that's how it's been for years hadn't followed it too closely.

Picks 10 to the bottom have had no impact really, like none. Duarte maybe, the rest of these guys don't look to be factors at all this year.

Cunningham has it rolling now
Wagner has been solid
Mobley and Barnes have looked really good too
Giddey up and down
Robinson-Earl getting a lot of run
Suggs hurt
Mitchell looks ok if Kings make trade he'll probably step up
Duarte still in rotation

Not much really happening. A lot of these draft picks are in the G League. Maybe that's how it's been for years hadn't followed it too closely.

Picks 10 to the bottom have had no impact really, like none. Duarte maybe, the rest of these guys don't look to be factors at all this year.
at this point I don't see anyone coming close to Mobley for ROY. He's already one of the most dominant defensive players in the league and has Cleveland much higher in the standings than expected.

at this point I don't see anyone coming close to Mobley for ROY. He's already one of the most dominant defensive players in the league and has Cleveland much higher in the standings than expected.
Bleacher report agrees can't link it but they have it

5-Cade
4-Giddey
3-Wagner
2-Barnes
1-Mobley

Bleacher report agrees can't link it but they have it

5-Cade
4-Giddey
3-Wagner
2-Barnes
1-Mobley

yea just to add to how amazing he has been, this is a very strong rookie class and if Mobley doesn't win the ROY unanimously it will be an insult. That's how good he has been.

ADVERTISEMENT