ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Playoff Thread

If the Warriors win this title without Durant and beat up at every other spot, KD will have exactly 2 irrelevant championships
If this happens, I think it just highlights how good Draymond Green and S.Curry are. The level both of those guys play at when they are the at the forefront is quite impressive. Both truly great players IMO. Some may not put Green there, but I would bet every coach in the NBA thinks he is a great player when trying to account for him in the game plans. He does so much.

Yup. They don’t sweep LBJ or beat him 4-1 without KD, but I think they are showing they don’t need/didn’t need him. The argument they are better without him is extremely silly, but KD is a luxury on this team, who was already the best in the NBA before him.
I don't think they needed him last year, but I believe good chance Cavs beat Durantless GS in 2017 while Kyrie still there.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
If this happens, I think it just highlights how good Draymond Green and S.Curry are. The level both of those guys play at when they are the at the forefront is quite impressive. Both truly great players IMO. Some may not put Green there, but I would bet every coach in the NBA thinks he is a great player when trying to account for him in the game plans. He does so much.
Probably true about Green but still think might be because of the system he's in. That said, he's played far better this postseason than I expected.

Probably true about Green but still think might be because of the system he's in. That said, he's played far better this postseason than I expected.
I’m not the guys biggest fan but it’s hard to ignore how much he does for them. You are probably right about it being a good fit for the system. Playing in the right system is crucial in the NBA and give him credit for playing within that system unselfishly.

I don't think they needed him last year, but I believe good chance Cavs beat Durantless GS in 2017 while Kyrie still there.

I'd rank the 2017 Cavs as the third best team of the Warriors run, and a forgotten great team. Very roughly:
  • 2017 Warriors
  • 2018 Warriors
  • 2017 Cavs
  • [moderate gap]
  • 2018 Rockets
  • 2016 Warriors (yes, I know the Cavs won)
  • 2016 Cavs
  • 2016 Thunder
  • [moderate gap]
  • 2015 Warriors
  • 2018 Cavs
  • 2015 Cavs (sans Kyrie and Love)

I’m not the guys biggest fan but it’s hard to ignore how much he does for them. You are probably right about it being a good fit for the system. Playing in the right system is crucial in the NBA and give him credit for playing within that system unselfishly.
No question about that. Put him on a team that needs his scoring and where he is the best (or even second best) player and that would be an issue for his team. Surround him with arguably the top 2 (maybe 3?) shooters in the game who can run to the 3 point line on the break or just spread the floor?

Reactions: denniden
I'd rank the 2017 Cavs as the third best team of the Warriors run, and a forgotten great team. Very roughly:
  • 2017 Warriors
  • 2018 Warriors
  • 2017 Cavs
  • [moderate gap]
  • 2018 Rockets
  • 2016 Warriors (yes, I know the Cavs won)
  • 2016 Cavs
  • 2016 Thunder
  • [moderate gap]
  • 2015 Warriors
  • 2018 Cavs
  • 2015 Cavs (sans Kyrie and Love)
I nearly agree entirely. Only change I'd make is I'd put 2016 GS and cavs ahead of 2018 Rockets (and Thunder)......but not crazy to have Houston ahead.

^ yeah, I have them in that same tier. Haven't thought about it too much, but I think that Rockets team will be like the 2017 Cavs and just forgotten when in reality they were a title contender in almost any season. Sort of like the early 2000s Kings or recent Thunder teams.

Reactions: dtgold88
^ yeah, I have them in that same tier. Haven't thought about it too much, but I think that Rockets team will be like the 2017 Cavs and just forgotten when in reality they were a title contender in almost any season. Sort of like the early 2000s Kings or recent Thunder teams.
Just glad my team got a title out of it. Kyrie/Love healthy and KD stays and you are correct.....Cavs could be GS.

Happy for the Raptors! Kawhi showcased that he’s a top 3 player in the league. Siakam, Lowery, and Ibaka showed out. Super impressive performance. Really great playoff!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT