ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft/Combine Thread.

Stupid. It would end up in a 3-way trade imo. I dont think AD wants to go to the Knicks

I would rather have Zion on a rookie deal for 5 years and near certainty of retaining him than AD for one year and less certainty of retaining him. Unless AD says he'll resign if he's traded to the Knicks and that can be used to get Kyrie and/or Durant, it's better to have the cost controlled young asset then the guy in his prime when the rest of your team is in rebuilding mode (to put it kindly).

19 year old Zion or Prime Anthony Davis

And 19 year old Zion's contract (and likely the next) versus AD's one-year (and more uncertainty about the next). The #1 pick in this year's draft probably has top 10 trade value right now, and AD (without some guarantee about the next contract) does not.

Yeah, any AD/Zion thing has to account for money, contracts, and how long AD would actually stay in NY. People often overlook that stuff.

Hard to call it his prime without knowing the status of his health. He played only 56 games this season, lowest of his career. Has never played a full 82 game schedule in 7 seasons.

Incredible talent, but injuries have hampered him pretty much every single season
To be fair, he made it through his college season un-injured. SmokinSmile

Would not make the trade without a contract worked out. Could sign a couple max guys to go with Zion.

Not really sure why Knicks wouldn’t seize Zion honestly. Seems like he’s the franchise player they’ve needed and can get him for 15 years if they build around him. Could be viewed as riskier choice I guess since he also has injury concerns and isn’t proven in NBA. Mario Hezonja has upside and averaged 20 ppg last season. Thing is, they could start Hezonja, a 6’8 SG, next to Zion. That has potential for a pretty gnarly lineup.

Cavs lose LBJ
get the 1st pick

Pelicans about to lose AD
get the 1st pick

Hmmmmmmmmm

Cavs lose LBJ
get the 1st pick

Pelicans about to lose AD
get the 1st pick

Hmmmmmmmmm
I think it’s fixed. The cavs got screwed. Zion looked defeated. I think he was expecting New York and ended up with the shit Pelicans. The only conciliation is Davis changes his mind and they team up

Pelicans have to be giddy. Either you keep AD and pair him with Zion or you flip him for young assets/picks and build around that with Zion.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
The Timberwolves have never moved up in the lottery. Not even one spot one time. They've been in the lottery 21 times since the beginning of the franchise. ****ing rigged bullshit.

Reactions: FFWhite
Trade AD to the Celtics for some assets to surround Zion with imo.

New York has nothing to offer now. Neither does the Lakers really barring a LeBron trade.

19 year old Zion or Prime Anthony Davis

New Orleans Pelicans:

giphy.gif

Snap! The esteemed Jonathan Jones himself, with the sick burn! Take THAT, soon-to-be-hundred-millionaire biggest talent we’ve seen in years and years!

Reactions: dukedevilz
Btw, Jon’s rustlage is pretty blatant...

From earlier today...

That’s some jilted lover shit, right there:)

I would rather have Zion on a rookie deal for 5 years and near certainty of retaining him than AD for one year and less certainty of retaining him. Unless AD says he'll resign if he's traded to the Knicks and that can be used to get Kyrie and/or Durant, it's better to have the cost controlled young asset then the guy in his prime when the rest of your team is in rebuilding mode (to put it kindly).
many don't get the money aspect of this. Assuming a team believes the Zion hype no way they'd want AD for 4 years and $80 mil over Zion for 7-8 years over Zion for, what, $25 mil then a near lock to sign a 2nd deal for 4 more years?

Don't forget about when the NBA rigged it so their other cash cow, Cleveland, won 3 out of 4 lotteries. And when NO won the AD sweepstakes, boy howdy were ABC/ESPN execs just pissing their pants in excitement!
And Seattle/Portland won Oden/Durant.

I'm hoping NOLA trades AD to LAL for #4, Lonzo, Kuzma and whatever else it takes. Then they trade Jrue for more assets, maybe #6 from PHX.

NOLA would be fun to watch if they go that route.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT