ADVERTISEMENT

National Player of the Year

Who will be the 2020 National Player of the Year?

• Obi Toppin, Dayton

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Vernon Carey, Duke

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Luka Garza, Iowa

Votes: 48 47.5%
  • Devon Dotson, Kansas

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Jordan Nwora, Louisville

• Markus Howard, Marquette

• Cassius Winston, Michigan State

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Daniel Oturu, Minnesota

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Myles Powell, Seton Hall

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Payton Pritchard, Oregon

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
Where’s the token purdont fan that’s so obsessed with Louisville he forgets to post about his own team? Lol

Reactions: JimboBBN
I don't think Richards is a legit candidate for NPOY. But, I do find it baffling that you really didn't know who he is. If you're going to have a discussion on some of the best players on the national level, it would be advisable to know a few guys that play outside of your conference.

He doesn't know a few guys outside of his team lmao

Richards stats
29.5 mpg
14.3 ppg
8.1 rpg
0.4 apg
0.2 spg
2.5 bpg
1.7 TO's pg

Garza's stats
11 dbl dbl's on the season
31 mpg
23 ppg
10.7 rpg
1.0 apg
0.8 spg
1.8 bpg
1.6 TO's per game
he his being mentioned ONLY because he plays for Kentucky and no other reason.

last night vs Wisconcin inspite of being triple teamed
21 points, 18 rebounds, 3 blocks and this was on a bad shooting night where he went 0-2 on 3 pointers and 6-15 from 2.

right now he is shooting 37% from 3 on 20 of 54. Garza does much more for his team than Richards does for Kentucky. that should be how NPOY players should be judged not by who they play for.

Reactions: Joes Place
Richards stats
29.5 mpg
14.3 ppg
8.1 rpg
0.4 apg
0.2 spg
2.5 bpg
1.7 TO's pg

Garza's stats
11 dbl dbl's on the season
31 mpg
23 ppg
10.7 rpg
1.0 apg
0.8 spg
1.8 bpg
1.6 TO's per game
he his being mentioned ONLY because he plays for Kentucky and no other reason.

last night vs Wisconcin inspite of being triple teamed
21 points, 18 rebounds, 3 blocks and this was on a bad shooting night where he went 0-2 on 3 pointers and 6-15 from 2.

right now he is shooting 37% from 3 on 20 of 54. Garza does much more for his team than Richards does for Kentucky. that should be how NPOY players should be judged not by who they play for.

Calm down. No one but Kentucky homers has mentioned Richards.

I think I’m with dragon hawk on this one. Nick Richards hasn’t really done anything to be a mandatory addition to all NPOY finalist lists. He’s a solid player but he’s only been playing at a high level for a month now. I feel like at best he has a shot at honorable mention AA but that’s it. I’m probably wrong but I just looked at his resume. Tell me why he should be included on any top 10 player list?

You're not wrong. He's vital to Kentucky and plays his role very well. I can see him being drafted ahead of some the npoy candidates. Its very difficult to achieve that at UK due the sharing of the ball and the defined roles players have. Davis was an exception.

Iowa fans battling U6 fans for the "Pay attention to me!" award.

what more does Garza have to do? to deserve your BS response?

Wieskamp is 2nd in scoring @14.9 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.9 apg and 1.0 spg
Fredrick is 3rd in scoring @11.2 ppg, 3.0 apg, 0.8 spg.

Garza is doing this against DBL and sometimes Triple teams.

one more note he is doing this in a year when there are 11 BT teams in the latest brackets.

how many SEC teams are in the brackets. that this Richards goes up against game after game?

Fredrick couldn't get an offer to NKU so he had to leave town. Happy to see him do well in an inferior conference.

I don't think there's a chance of him winning it, but he is the best player on a highly ranked team, and a front runner for POY in a P5 conference. He should at least be on this list.
He keeps playing as he has, and he'll get his due. He's a game changer. W/O him, UK would be in a ton of trouble.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Win something.... anything meaningful. If it makes ya feel better, I was happy with you guys for beating UC in the first round.

Richards:

15 points and 11 boards last night in 22 minutes. Kentucky is a fringe top 25 team without this guy. He shouldn't be the favorite by any means, but there is talk about this guy being SECPOY. He needs to be at least in the conversation for NPOY at this point.

Richards:

15 points and 11 boards last night in 22 minutes. Kentucky is a fringe top 25 team without this guy. He shouldn't be the favorite by any means, but there is talk about this guy being SECPOY. He needs to be at least in the conversation for NPOY at this point.
If he keeps this play up he might be 3rd team All American when the season ends.

If he keeps this play up he might be 3rd team All American when the season ends.
What an accomplishment it would be for him. Not many people, including myself, thought he was a strong option at center to start the year. I was all in on Kerry Blackshear. But I am so proud of Nick. He just gets better and better.

in the BT Richards MIGHT be the 5th best Big
1st JR Garza 23.0 ppg, 10.8 rpg 1.8 bpg of Iowa
2nd SO Oturo 19.7 ppg, 11.3 rpg, 2.5 bpg of Minnesota
3rd FR Cockburn 14.5 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 1.5 bpg of Illinois
4th SR Teske 13.6 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.0 bpg of Michigan

none of these have a easy game night in and night out to pad their stats.

What an accomplishment it would be for him. Not many people, including myself, thought he was a strong option at center to start the year. I was all in on Kerry Blackshear. But I am so proud of Nick. He just gets better and better.
Sure.

If he keeps this pace of improvement up maybe next year he will rise up to the NPOY discussions.

Richards:

I like Richards as a player but I'm not sure being talked about for SEC POY necessitates mention for NPOY. The highest rated SEC team on Kenpom is LSU at 30.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I like Richards as a player but I'm not sure being talked about for SEC POY necessitates mention for NPOY. The highest rated SEC team on Kenpom is LSU at 30.
don't you know he plays for Kentucky so he is the ONLY ONE that should even mentioned for the NPOY,

Kentucky = Blue Blood
Blue Blood = ONLY PLAYERS to be considered for the NPOY.

ADVERTISEMENT