ADVERTISEMENT

***National Championship Game Thread***

Love the confidence.

On UNC making a bunch of 3s. KU is 7-0 when the opponent makes 10+ 3s on the season. Only in 2 of those 7 games did KU need to make 10+ 3s themselves to kind of match them. KU scores a ton of other ways than shooting 3s.

On Harris being a starter he doesn’t give a ton on offense although he’s capable of knocking down 3s if left open. Where he’s big for KU is he doesn’t make mistakes and he’s one of the best defenders in college basketball especially at ball denial. Remy Martin has given us the boost on the offensive end. Harris starts to make sure KU is starting well and Remy comes in to give KU firepower and speed off the bench. Makes opponents really play 2 different types of basketball.
Not sure confidence is the word. I'm pretty sure he's the guy who picked an all-ACC Final Four before the brackets were released. 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: KisteK
Not sure confidence is the word. I'm pretty sure he's the guy who picked an all-ACC Final Four before the brackets were released. 🤣
Sorry I had confidence in my conference being underrated. I think that was at least proven. Having 2 right is probably more than most had. (Granted Duke wasn't one of my 2 ACC teams) lol.

UNC 83-76

What has been missed a lot is how much UNC can play as a team and not solo ball when a team doesn't dedicate itself immensely to stopping it. Marquette and Baylor pre-ejection showed this a lot. Especially with driving into the lane and catching the cutting Manek by the rim. I think Manek has a mismatch with his height and quick release in this game.

I think that Davis and Love and even Manek are capable of stopping their driving ability. Kansas will get open 3 pointers. Whether they can them or not remains to be seen.

Love's supposed turnaround argument I think is bunk. St Peter's was a blowout where he wasn't needed to do much. He fouled out against Baylor and beforehand Manek and Davis were going off so he wasn't needed much.

This game will be tight throughout until the final 2 minutes where UNC at the line will extend the lead to the margin.

UNC is unbeatable if the 3s are falling. We had this discussion on our board earlier this year that if the 3s are falling we can beat everyone in the NCAA but if not, we can lose by 20 to midmajors. The difference from then is our defense has gotten better astronomically. Davis and Love used to get blown by every single possession leading to defensive breakdowns everywhere. Now, getting past either on blow bys is rare. With this lack of breakdown, Leaky has been able to stay on his defender and not help which has led to locking down usually the best offensive player on the other side regularly with his length and savvy.

I think Kansas has a huge hole in Harris. The numbers I looked at all point to Harris being basically an average D1 player. Why he even starts is kind of a headscratcher to me.

If our 3s don't fall today, we are in trouble. However, I think 2 of the 3 main threats will be on today and that will be enough. If all 3 are on, it will get ugly. If just 1 it will be dicey. If none, we will get blown out.

Leaky will be dared to shoot the 3 probably at times, and he can make it. If he does, Kansas is going to have to account for him more, and it will likely cause a breakdown of their defensive gameplan.

UNC has to outscore Kansas to win. They can't shut Kansas down to win. If UNC wins, expect the over to hit.
You might be in for a frustrating evening.

UNC can certainly win, but they will have to play great to do so.

Bacot does not look good warming up to me.

Anyway, a buddy of mine I used to play some pickup with is a huge Kansas fan but his daughter is a UNC fan and just saw where they are at the game tonight. Would be fun to be there for this one.

• Sad
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Absolutely no one: Lets get ready to watch Kansas win the national championship!! :D :D

Everyone:

MCh8JZA.gif

Less than 1 hr to go. Hopefully a good game, maybe going to OT like 2019, or again decided on a buzzer beater like 2016.

Unc tries to run with Kansas, Kansas proves how foolish that is. Kansas gets up 12 early and cruises to an easy win. Unc never has the ball in the second half with a shot to tie or take the lead. That’s my bold prediction

Ku 84
Unc 72

I battle with @ExitFlagger all the time but I feel like KU easily covers tonight. Unc lack of depth finally cost them tonight IMO

UNC 83-76

What has been missed a lot is how much UNC can play as a team and not solo ball when a team doesn't dedicate itself immensely to stopping it. Marquette and Baylor pre-ejection showed this a lot. Especially with driving into the lane and catching the cutting Manek by the rim. I think Manek has a mismatch with his height and quick release in this game.

I think that Davis and Love and even Manek are capable of stopping their driving ability. Kansas will get open 3 pointers. Whether they can them or not remains to be seen.

Love's supposed turnaround argument I think is bunk. St Peter's was a blowout where he wasn't needed to do much. He fouled out against Baylor and beforehand Manek and Davis were going off so he wasn't needed much.

This game will be tight throughout until the final 2 minutes where UNC at the line will extend the lead to the margin.

UNC is unbeatable if the 3s are falling. We had this discussion on our board earlier this year that if the 3s are falling we can beat everyone in the NCAA but if not, we can lose by 20 to midmajors. The difference from then is our defense has gotten better astronomically. Davis and Love used to get blown by every single possession leading to defensive breakdowns everywhere. Now, getting past either on blow bys is rare. With this lack of breakdown, Leaky has been able to stay on his defender and not help which has led to locking down usually the best offensive player on the other side regularly with his length and savvy.

I think Kansas has a huge hole in Harris. The numbers I looked at all point to Harris being basically an average D1 player. Why he even starts is kind of a headscratcher to me.

If our 3s don't fall today, we are in trouble. However, I think 2 of the 3 main threats will be on today and that will be enough. If all 3 are on, it will get ugly. If just 1 it will be dicey. If none, we will get blown out.

Leaky will be dared to shoot the 3 probably at times, and he can make it. If he does, Kansas is going to have to account for him more, and it will likely cause a breakdown of their defensive gameplan.

UNC has to outscore Kansas to win. They can't shut Kansas down to win. If UNC wins, expect the over to hit.
The best defense in the country was played in the B12 and it was a gauntlet. KU is well prepared for this game and should take care of business

You won't be the first that thought you had a guaranteed win versus us. But you will be the last.

I didn’t think Bacot looked good jogging out. That said, he’s Carolina’s best player, but tonight absolutely boils down to what Love does.

You won't be the first that thought you had a guaranteed win versus us. But you will be the last.
I don’t think anything is guaranteed but KU is deeper and has more talent than UNC. They have also had a better year but it comes down to who is better tonight. KU & Manek are very familiar with each other so let’s see how that plays out.

My keys to the game, IMO the guards are equal, slight edge UNC. My key to the game, McCormick. He will open up KUs offense and make their guards better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT