ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Woodson about to raise some eyebrows??

So why did Self recruit him---Want him? He like people with slow feet? Let me guess, Mgbako has slow feet also?

IU returns XJ and Galloway. Need Gunn to step up. Cupps is solid.
Hot take

You’re going to be massively disappointed if you think Mgbako is going to come in and be major impact player.

I’m a Kentucky fan and the same can be said for the portion of our fan base that’s expecting Justin Edwards to meet his projected #1 pick standards.

Edwards is better than Mgbako but neither live up to expectations.

Hot take

You’re going to be massively disappointed if you think Mgbako is going to come in and be major impact player.

I’m a Kentucky fan and the same can be said for the portion of our fan base that’s expecting Justin Edwards to meet his projected #1 pick standards.

I jsut asked if he felt Mgbako's feet were slow...

Mgbako will be just fine. Offensive nightmare to be honest. Hybrid 3/4, only lacking great athleticisim, and ball handling. But he can handle it well enough to take you off the bounce---and hes strong enough to play in the post...If you guard with a 3, he is a mismatch in the post----With a 4, and hes a problem on the wing. Good shooter from everywhere. Woodson's offense(with zoom action) fits his skill set perfectly.

I jsut asked if he felt Mgbako's feet were slow...

Mgbako will be just fine. Offensive nightmare to be honest. Hybrid 3/4, only lacking great athleticisim, and ball handling. But he can handle it well enough to take you off the bounce---and hes strong enough to play in the post...If you guard with a 3, he is a mismatch in the post----With a 4, and hes a problem on the wing. Good shooter from everywhere. Woodson's offense(with zoom action) fits his skill set perfectly.
Lol oh boy. An offensive nightmare that lacks ball handling. Good luck with your power forward that thinks he’s a guard.

Hot take

Detail please.

So why did Self recruit him---Want him? He like people with slow feet? Let me guess, Mgbako has slow feet also?

IU returns XJ and Galloway. Need Gunn to step up. Cupps is solid.
The only reason self recruited him, I am not lying, is because of Flagg.

Lol oh boy. An offensive nightmare that lacks ball handling. Good luck with your power forward that thinks he’s a guard.
Not all ball handling is the same, brother. Taking a guy off the elbow, off the dribble requires less ballhandling skill than bringing the ball up the floor, running an offense, or initiiating an offensive move from 20 feet, opposed to 10 or so. Hes not a great ball handler---which is why you;; see him in a ton of zoom action.

You dont have to be a great ball handler to be an offensive problem. Hes a mismatch if guarded by a 3, and a mismatch if guarded by a 4, in certains scenarios. Zoom action is designed to not allow help....This will fit Mgbako's skill set, and lack of, very well.

Mgbako will be just fine in a zoom offense, at the college level. Its gonna be a lot of fun revisiting this thread in a month or so.

Typical someone else got him so he's not very good. I love how predictable simpletons are.

You should try talking about things you have an ounce of knowledge of. That's one of the dumbest takes I've ever read on this board.
He’s brought that up so many times lol. One of his many awful takes.

Hot take

I’m one of those people on Edwards. I think he’s going to be a monster.

One of the things I look at it is the system....Then the skill set. Do they match? Its honestly why I feel/felt Fland would be a better fit, at IU. Woody's zoom offense in sets, plus his emphasis with the PNR.

Its why I think Mgbako will thrive(eventually) in Woodsons offense. It will hide his weakness, and put him position to be successful. Does it always pan out? Of course not. But I like a kid like mgbako, in Indiana's offense.

One of the things I look at it is the system....Then the skill set. Do they match? Its honestly why I feel/felt Fland would be a better fit, at IU. Woody's zoom offense in sets, plus his emphasis with the PNR.

Its why I think Mgbako will thrive(eventually) in Woodsons offense. It will hide his weakness, and put him position to be successful. Does it always pan out? Of course not. But I like a kid like mgbako, in Indiana's offense.
Not sure why anyone thinks McNeely or Mgbako will struggle, at least at the college level. NBA is a different story, but kinda irrelevant for this convo.

Both are good enough as catch and shoot guys that they should slide in nice as off the ball players, even as freshmen. But both can also create just enough to keep defenders honest.

Maybe they’d struggle if they were forced to be 1 options in the half-court as freshmen. But it’s doubtful that’ll happen. They’ll likely be 3rd in the pecking order at the most.

Not sure why anyone thinks McNeely or Mgbako will struggle, at least at the college level. NBA is a different story, but kinda irrelevant for this convo.

Both are good enough as catch and shoot guys that they should slide in nice as off the ball players, even as freshmen. But both can also create just enough to keep defenders honest.

Maybe they’d struggle if they were forced to be 1 options in the half-court as freshmen. But it’s doubtful that’ll happen. They’ll likely be 3rd in the pecking order at the most.
Mgbako right now is likely Option 3-----Behind XJ and Reneau. Possibly even Ware? Maybe even Galloway. In other words, he wont NEED to score big.

Mcneeley not sure of. I dont know what IU's roster will look like.

Soooo, IU should expect Flagg to commit anytime, now?

Mcneeley is a very good player.
He is a good shooter who is slow and average athleticism. I know 2 nba scouts. They agree. he fits the B1G

KU was the only school recruiting both mcneeley and flagg, they're friends. Nike came in and forbid KU to Flagg

Reactions: IUfanBorden
He is a good shooter who is slow and average athleticism. I know 2 nba scouts. They agree. he fits the B1G

KU was the only school recruiting both mcneeley and flagg, they're friends. Nike came in and forbid KU to Flagg
Good shooter....good vision....adequate

There's just a lot to like about the way McNeeley plays offense. He has good balance and strength to not get moved off his spots by defenders. He has soft touch shooting floaters from 15 feet and in. His footwork is phenomenal. He's just a crafty all-around scorer, and when you combine that with his raw three-point shooting ability, you get an incredibly versatile offensive weapon.

From what I have read/seen, a very, very good scorer, who doesnt need to be "athletic", Very crafty. Strong as ****. Sees the floor well----above average vision, and adequate ball handling. He's going to be a raelly good player.

I hope you’re right. I think he will have games where he shows what he can be, but he’s just a bit to passive. I think he will be a good player, but not #1 pick type good.

Tl;dr

He was refused service for cussing out Taco bell employees. Officers got there and asked him to leave the parking lot. He wouldn't leave and refused to get out of his car so they busted out his car window to unlock it and drag him out.

Tl;dr

He was refused service for cussing out Taco bell employees. Officers got there and asked him to leave the parking lot. He wouldn't leave and refused to get out of his car so they busted out his car window to unlock it and drag him out.
Damn.....Over getting mad at Taco Bell? JFC. FTR, I could see this---TAco Bell employee's are fukin idiots. Never get shit right.

Reactions: I am stupid
ADVERTISEMENT