ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis basketball recruiting

Woodsonphi

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2002
Once Penny lands Precious by the end of the week he will have signed the best class in basketball recruiting history. Not bad for a 2nd year head coach who isnt paying to get players

i would love to see this squad play against the fab 5 or '13 UK

Krv6QQM.jpg

Once Penny lands Precious by the end of the week he will have signed the best class in basketball recruiting history. Not bad for a 2nd year head coach who isnt paying to get players

Umm... what? Wiseman is the only Memphis recruit even in the top 10.

According to the class calculator on 247, Kentucky has 7 recruiting classes this decade alone that would be ahead of Memphis.

No where near the talent of a fab 5 or 12' Kentucky class......it's a great class don't get me wrong but hopefully they will be able to gel together and produce o the court. I am worried about the inexperience just like all the Duke/UK teams the past 7-8 years. Maybe they can play together. Also to the AAC/SEC playing some series together...that would be quite the ticket to get your hands on if they paired Memphis V. UK in Memphis....

Also to the AAC/SEC playing some series together...that would be quite the ticket to get your hands on if they paired Memphis V. UK in Memphis....

I'd put money on UK vs Memphis being the matchup. There's too much storyline for them not to. Also, it will be a home and home, so it could be played at either place. I'm leaning towards Rupp this year, due to lack of big home games for UK.

LaughingLaughingLaughingRollLaugh

This Memphis class doesn't even come close.

I'd put money on UK vs Memphis being the matchup. There's too much storyline for them not to. Also, it will be a home and home, so it could be played at either place. I'm leaning towards Rupp this year, due to lack of big home games for UK.

This is only for the 4 SEC teams that are not playing in the SEC/Big 12 challenge, so Kentucky will never participate in it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This is only for the 4 SEC teams that are not playing in the SEC/Big 12 challenge, so Kentucky will never participate in it.
I didn't know that. It makes sense. Thanks.

I'm a little bummed, I was hoping to go to the game in Memphis. :(

I just saw where its the bottom 4 teams of the sec.....that sucks - too good to be true

Memphis should go through the AAC like Dany on her dragon. The real test will come in March

Memphis should go through the AAC like Dany on her dragon. The real test will come in March

What makes you say that?

Houston, Wichita State, South Florida and Memphis should all be NCAA tournament locks or at least heavy favorites.

Cincinnati, UCONN and Temple could be right there as well.

Then you add in SMU, UCF, Tulsa, etc. The AAC is a severely underrated conference IMO.

We've seen young super teams (LSU with Ben Simmons immediately comes to mind) struggle mightily before. I'm not sold that Memphis will be any different.

Why the need to include "who isn't paying to get players"? Feeling a little guilty.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
What makes you say that?

Houston, Wichita State, South Florida and Memphis should all be NCAA tournament locks or at least heavy favorites.

Cincinnati, UCONN and Temple could be right there as well.

Then you add in SMU, UCF, Tulsa, etc. The AAC is a severely underrated conference IMO.

We've seen young super teams (LSU with Ben Simmons immediately comes to mind) struggle mightily before. I'm not sold that Memphis will be any different.
That conference sucks. Please don't pretend it is the ACC or SEC or Big 10.

That conference sucks. Please don't pretend it is the ACC or SEC or Big 10.

No one is pretending it is any of those things.

The AAC does not suck. It was better than both the Big East and the Pac 12 this year IMO.

You just don't like the teams in there so you're saying it sucks. You know who does that? People who actually know very little about basketball.

The AAC has had 9 of its 12 current members make the NCAA tournament in the last few years. That is depth and talent. It doesn't have the top heavy talent like the ACC or SEC, but it's a damn good conference.

Anybody that says otherwise is either unbelievably biased, not very knowledgeable about basketball, or both.

No one is pretending it is any of those things.

The AAC does not suck. It was better than both the Big East and the Pac 12 this year IMO.

You just don't like the teams in there so you're saying it sucks. You know who does that? People who actually know very little about basketball.

The AAC has had 9 of its 12 current members make the NCAA tournament in the last few years. That is depth and talent. It doesn't have the top heavy talent like the ACC or SEC, but it's a damn good conference.

Anybody that says otherwise is either unbelievably biased, not very knowledgeable about basketball, or both.
Wow, the "made" the tournament. And the Big East and Pac 12 are jokes as well.

And I know plenty pal. What happens when those teams reach the tourney, they lose.

No where near the talent of a fab 5 or 12' Kentucky class......it's a great class don't get me wrong but hopefully they will be able to gel together and produce o the court. I am worried about the inexperience just like all the Duke/UK teams the past 7-8 years. Maybe they can play together. Also to the AAC/SEC playing some series together...that would be quite the ticket to get your hands on if they paired Memphis V. UK in Memphis....

Why in Memphis ? I know why and you do to.

Laughing you naive bastard. We're all paying something. You definitely are paying for this class.

Maybe they’ll do better than 2nd round in the NIT. UT better watch out, Memphis is coming to steal Shaka’s lunch money and that NIT trophy.

Wow, the "made" the tournament. And the Big East and Pac 12 are jokes as well.

And I know plenty pal. What happens when those teams reach the tourney, they lose.
you clearly don't know a thing about BB.
UConn has won NC in the past
Houston was the big school in the old SWC
Cinncinnati is no push over

also this BB not FB where the conference affiliation does not make them inferior teams.

ADVERTISEMENT