ADVERTISEMENT

McDonald's All-American Game

I was playing with a neighbor little kid earlier

I bet you were.

giphy.gif

Elmarko Jackson is going to be a stud. Might be the most college ready

Can someone post a box score for this game? Thanks

Last edited:
Kentucky's top three looked pretty good.

Where's James expected to end up? A Nike school, I'm sure.

Yeah, I thought so too, but I’ve learned to control my expectations somewhat. This group reminds a little of Cal’s earlier players, but recent history has taught me to pump the brakes a little. Did I see where there was just one kid committed to KU? Not that it matters. They’ll do well if they got none. They always do.

Yeah, I thought so too, but I’ve learned to control my expectations somewhat. This group reminds a little of Cal’s earlier players, but recent history has taught me to pump the brakes a little. Did I see where there was just one kid committed to KU? Not that it matters. They’ll do well if they got none. They always do.

Jackson's the only McD AA, although Marcus Adams may have been one if he were in that class. He just reclassified recently. Won't be surprised if he gets a lot of minutes and is one of their top scorers next year. They've also got another top 30ish player in the class.

KU hasn't brought in many McD's AAs in recent years, although they did land three last year. Dick was great, Udeh showed some promise, and Rice was a bust (partly due to health issues).

Self needs to kill it in the transfer portal for them to be a legit contender next year. Unless Dick happens to return.

Where's James expected to end up? A Nike school, I'm sure.

I was overall very impressed with UK’s guys. They all wanted to compete on both ends.

-Wagner is a stud the only I saw at times was his handle could get away from him. Looked like a 2G not a PG. Not sure where he’s expected to play next year at UK.

-Was getting some Kirk Hinrich flash backs with Reed Sheppard.

-I do have some concerns with Bradshaw just from a physical standpoint. Is he strong enough to defend and rebound at the rim or is he quick enough to defend on the perimeter if he has to play the 4 should Tshiebwe decide to return?

-If Tshiebwe goes pro and Livingston returns I do think Edwards and Livingston could be a really good interchangeable forward combo for UK.

Jackson's the only McD AA, although Marcus Adams may have been one if he were in that class. He just reclassified recently. Won't be surprised if he gets a lot of minutes and is one of their top scorers next year. They've also got another top 30ish player in the class.

KU hasn't brought in many McD's AAs in recent years, although they did land three last year. Dick was great, Udeh showed some promise, and Rice was a bust (partly due to health issues).

Self needs to kill it in the transfer portal for them to be a legit contender next year. Unless Dick happens to return.

Elmarko is the instant impact guy for the class. Adams Jr could be another instant impact guy. He fits Jalen Wilson’s role perfectly.

Johnson will probably need a year on the bench and McDowell may take a couple of years before being a contributor.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Wagner is talented but also looks like he could potentially be the next Caleb Love. I.E. never met a shot he didn’t like.

Reactions: Big_C_KU
Wagner is talented but also looks like he could potentially be the next Caleb Love. I.E. never met a shot he didn’t like.

I didn’t want to say it but glad you did. But honestly that’s something UK has lacked the last couple of years is a guard like Wagner.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
I was overall very impressed with UK’s guys. They all wanted to compete on both ends.

-Wagner is a stud the only I saw at times was his handle could get away from him. Looked like a 2G not a PG. Not sure where he’s expected to play next year at UK.

-Was getting some Kirk Hinrich flash backs with Reed Sheppard.

-I do have some concerns with Bradshaw just from a physical standpoint. Is he strong enough to defend and rebound at the rim or is he quick enough to defend on the perimeter if he has to play the 4 should Tshiebwe decide to return?

-If Tshiebwe goes pro and Livingston returns I do think Edwards and Livingston could be a really good interchangeable forward combo for UK.
Wagner is more of a scoring PG, kind of like what Brandon Knight was for UK. He is usually the primary ballhandler though, but he could share duties with Dillingham if he makes it to campus. Very unlikely that either Oscar or Livingston return to UK.

Wagner is more of a scoring PG, kind of like what Brandon Knight was for UK. He is usually the primary ballhandler though, but he could share duties with Dillingham if he makes it to campus. Very unlikely that either Oscar or Livingston return to UK.

We’ve heard some Livingston rumors on one of our boards that he could either be NBA or Portal. Is that a possibility?

We’ve heard some Livingston rumors on one of our boards that he could either be NBA or Portal. Is that a possibility?
Yes and I assume since you've heard it on your board you know some of that chatter should he end up in the portal involves Kansas.

Yes and I assume since you've heard it on your board you know some of that chatter should he end up in the portal involves Kansas.

Haven’t seen anything involving Livingston and KU directly should he enter the portal. We’ve heard more about Harrison Ingram and Spencer Jones from Stanford as guys not in the portal that KU will be very interested in. All been mentioned is that Livingston should be a guy KU should look at should be enter the portal.

Haven’t seen anything involving Livingston and KU directly should he enter the portal. We’ve heard more about Harrison Ingram and Spencer Jones from Stanford as guys not in the portal that KU will be very interested in. All been mentioned is that Livingston should be a guy KU should look at should be enter the portal.
He's definitely not ready for the pros so hopefully he doesn't let outside influences let him make a bad decision in that regard. I do think he can make a big leap next year wherever he does end up, but he'll need to get stronger as a ball-handler and improve his jumper quite a bit. He got stripped a lot taking it into the lane. He was a strong rebounder at times this year and that was his biggest asset to the team.

Might be wrong, but I thought I read a post from one of the dudes with connections that said the staff was interested in Livingston. Not sure if I’d be interested or not. Didn’t watch him much this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT