ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness Upsets

Maybe. But with what players you're going to lose and no recruits, I highly doubt that. Plus more pending sanctions per FBI investigation who knows when UL will be relevant again. Just saying....
The pending fbi sanctions are going to affect a lot of teams, not just us.

Nope, just smarter than everyone else here.

I don’t believe it for a second. I think you’re either a transplant or you’re one of those people who just want to be different. It’s like you picked the Cheaters, instead of Louisville.

I know several people who love UK, but moved away because they just got so sick of seeing it everywhere they went and wanted something else to look at every now and then.

I don’t believe it for a second. I think you’re either a transplant or you’re one of those people who just want to be different. It’s like you picked the Cheaters, instead of Louisville.

I know several people who love UK, but moved away because they just got so sick of seeing it everywhere they went and wanted something else to look at every now and then.
Believe it or not, I’m my own person & I cheer for the teams I cheer for because I want to.
I’ve liked 3 teams since I was a little kid
UNC
Pittsburgh Pirates
Philadelphia Eagles.
I’ve been a fan of all 3 since I was about 7 years old & first got into sports.

Down goes #1 seed Virginia. The biggest upset in NCAA tourney history.

I almost feel sorry for them.

Believe it or not, I’m my own person & I cheer for the teams I cheer for because I want to.
I’ve liked 3 teams since I was a little kid
UNC
Pittsburgh Pirates
Philadelphia Eagles.
I’ve been a fan of all 3 since I was about 7 years old & first got into sports.

So why?

I know a lot of native North Carolinians that grew up cheering for Kentucky, but that makes sense. We are the Kings of College Basketball, similar to how people like the Yankees but have never been to NY.

So why?

I know a lot of native North Carolinians that grew up cheering for Kentucky, but that makes sense. We are the Kings of College Basketball, similar to how people like the Yankees but have never been to NY.
I don’t owe you any explanation. I started following UNC because of Phil Ford.

You know people who moved because too much Kentucky was overwhelming them?

As crazy as it sounds, yes. Several people I know decided to move away and go to a different university just to see something other than blue. Of course, they'll always cheer for Kentucky, but that's what they always told us.

Dude, you're from WV and went to Marshall..... and root for Kentucky,

Why are you questioning who that man roots for?

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Don't. Flat out embarrassing.
Well, I actually like you and some of the UVA fans here. I hate it for ya, I really do.

UVA kinda reminds me of Tennessee this year, cept y'all have more talent.

Dude, you're from WV and went to Marshall..... and root for Kentucky,

Why are you questioning who that man roots for?

Some of that is partly true. I was born in WV, but grew up in Kentucky. I did go to Marshall for undergrad and UK for grad school. I've told you that before.

I'm not a fan of WVU, as I've never liked how they operate. They don't have much of a fanbase and they have absolutely no accomplishments to be proud of.

Why in the world would I want to be a WV fan?!?

I don’t believe you.

It's actually true. Living in SC, I know many that have moved down here. When we take over Colonial Life, there's always UK fans to meet. Just one example, there are several reasons why North Carolina has a UK license plate with all the requirements it takes to get one. One of those reasons is people in NC that are Kentucky fans. I see that plate up there all the time. Don't you?

It's actually not. Living in SC, I know many that have moved down here. There is are several reasons why North Carolina has a UK license plate with all the requirements it takes to get one. One of those reasons is people in NC that are Kentucky fans. I see that plate up there all the time. Don't you?

How many? I know a lot of people from KY that have the custom made plates that live in NC so I’m calling BS on your so called statement.

IDK man I don't know how to explain a 20 point loss to a 16-seed.

I'm sorry man. Without your best player, I didn't think you guys would win it all. But I also thought you would make it farther.

I know it hurts, but you guys had a heck of a season. In some ways it's similiar to our '97 season when Derek Anderson was hurt. Most feel if he had played against Arizona in the Championship, we would have 9 of them already. You guys probably would have won this year.

I'm sorry man. Without your best player, I didn't think you guys would win it all. But I also thought you would make it farther.

I know it hurts, but you guys had a heck of a season. In some ways it's similiar to our '97 season when Derek Anderson was hurt. Most feel if he had played against Arizona in the Championship, we would have 9 of them already. You guys probably would have won this year.

Losing one player should not be the difference between winning against a 16-seed vs. losing by 20.

Hunter wasn’t their best player.

How many? I know a lot of people from KY that have the custom made plates that live in NC so I’m calling BS on your so called statement.

I have no idea an exact number, I am sure it's small compared to the rest of the state. But I have met many at games.

Why do you think it's not possible for people from NC to be Kentucky fans?

We're much more successful than NC, we've been much more successful longer than NC and most people like a winner.

Some of that is partly true. I was born in WV, but grew up in Kentucky. I did go to Marshall for undergrad and UK for grad school. I've told you that before.

I'm not a fan of WVU, as I've never liked how they operate. They don't have much of a fanbase and they have absolutely no accomplishments to be proud of.

Why in the world would I want to be a WV fan?!?

Who said anything about you being a WVU fan? Trust me, nobody wants you as a fan... including Marshall or UK.

WVU has one of the more passionate fan bases in the country. Always named a top 15 or top 20 fan base in both major sports.

Plenty of numbers out there to back that up. (apparel sales, combined attendance between football and basketball, alumni numbers in cities like NYC, DC, etc, etc)

Go to any major city, or vacation spot on the east coast.. there's a WVU bar there.

Be real, youre just a marshall fan who is embarrassed to root for them publicly because they suck. And you hate WVU, because that's what Marshall fans do.

Last edited:
Losing one player should not be the difference between winning against a 16-seed vs. losing by 20.

Well you never know, it could be. Obviously it did. I didn't watch the whole game so I have no idea how they played at the beginning. However, they didn't seem to be there the last 5 mins that I watched. I just assumed they weren't motivated the entire game and realized that it was going to get them, which is on coaching.

That was why I asked.

I have no idea an exact number, I am sure it's small compared to the rest of the state. But I have met many at games.

Why do you think it's not possible for people from NC to be Kentucky fans?

We're much more successful than NC, we've been much more successful longer than NC and most people like a winner.

I never met a UK fan that is from NC. This is a basketball crazed state and as a state we produced betters players than KY and have more titles . UNC has 6, Duke 5 and NC State 2.

WVU has one of the larger, more passionate fan bases in the country.

Plenty of numbers out there to back that up. (apparel sales, combined attendance between football and basketball, alumni numbers in cities like NYC, DC, etc, etc)

But please, continue to make yourself look like an idiot.

WV does NOT have one of the larger fan bases in the country. That is laughable at best. You have difficulty even selling your football stadium out.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sport...cle_c471d098-a16a-547e-8e8c-0ab469595a5f.html

In basketball, not surprisingly, you have that same issue. You even have to promote visits by Kentucky and Virginia in order to try to sell more.

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/...cle_5581d908-72aa-5b24-8b74-1e0264c15ef1.html

Please show me some of these numbers to back up your claim, though. I don't know that you've ever shown a link to anything before.

I remember when you used to post this crap before.

I never met a UK fan that is from NC. This is a basketball crazed state and as a state we produced betters players than KY and have more titles . UNC has 6, Duke 5 and NC State 2.

Kentucky is also a basketball crazed state, with a much better high school tournament, as well. Until the last decade, UK alone had as many titles as all 3 of the schools you just mentioned combined, including one with 30 years of rampant cheating. With any luck, it will go back to being that way sooner rather than later.

Just because you've never met them, doesn't mean they don't exist. As I said, Kentucky is without a doubt the most successful college basketball program in history. So why wouldn't some native North Carolinians be Kentucky fans?

Kentucky is also a basketball crazed state, with a much better high school tournament, as well. Until the last decade, UK alone had as many titles as all 3 of the schools you just mentioned combined, including one with 30 years of rampant cheating. With any luck, it will go back to being that way sooner rather than later.

Just because you've never met them, doesn't mean they don't exist. As I said, Kentucky is without a doubt the most successful college basketball program in history. So why wouldn't some native North Carolinians be Kentucky fans?
Dude, Ky high school ball is trash. Wonder why UK doesn’t have any Ky kids on the roster?

Who said anything about you being a WVU fan? Trust me, nobody wants you as a fan... including Marshall or UK.

WVU has one of the more passionate fan bases in the country. Always named a top 15 or top 20 fan base in both major sports.

Go to any major city, or vacation spot on the east coast.. there's a WVU bar there.

Be real, youre just a marshall fan who is embarrassed to root for them publicly because they suck. And you hate WVU, because that's what Marshall fans do.

Being a UK fan, if bars are what we are going to use, there are UK bars everywhere, including different continents. There are a lot of teams that have bars.

I do cheer for Marshall and always hope they do well. I have a small school, Marshall and I have a large school, Kentucky. Luckily for me, I went to both. There is nothing wrong with that and they rarely play each other. You should do the same, as well. Your small school could be WVU and then find a large school that actually matters that you can cheer for.

Dude, Ky high school ball is trash. Wonder why UK doesn’t have any Ky kids on the roster?

I never said the talent was good, but they have a great playoff system. It's actually considered one of the top high school tournaments in the country. That's what I meant.

And I can say the same about you. Again I’m calling BS on you said a lot of people from NC that are UK fans. Not doubting where you stand in history but to compare states as whole, you lose that argument. When was the last KY produced a 5 star recruit?

Being a UK fan, if bars are what we are going to use, there are UK bars everywhere, including different continents. There are a lot of teams that have bars.

I do cheer for Marshall and always hope they do well. I have a small school, Marshall and I have a large school, Kentucky. Luckily for me, I went to both. There is nothing wrong with that and they rarely play each other. You should do the same, as well. Your small school could be WVU and then find a large school that actually matters that you can cheer for.

You pretend to be a UK hoops fan if that makes you feel important, but your delusion and constant hatred and jealousy toward wvu screams Marshall fan.

ADVERTISEMENT