ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness Upsets

della

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2001
Team
Tennessee
How the mighty will fall. Who goes down first?

Popular pick here in Ky is Murray St. I don’t see it but a lot of people I know are picking them.

SFA has the best shot. TT has been trending down, and SFA is criminally underseeded. I picked them on one of my brackets, so at least the upset won't ruin my day.

Committee did a good job seeding this year so upsets should be minimal in round 1. The real carnage will happen over the weekend.

Committee did a good job seeding this year so upsets should be minimal in round 1. The real carnage will happen over the weekend.
I don't know. I thought SFA was far better than a 14 seed, and obviously Buffalo was much better than a 13.

I don't know. I thought SFA was far better than a 14 seed, and obviously Buffalo was much better than a 13.

SFA is 112 on Kenpom, theyre actually a pretty weak team, name value because they have won games before is distoring the perception of them. TT played nervous but still prevailed.

Buffalo seeded correctly IMO, they just caught fire and UA imploded under the pressure, just a classic upset game. The committee can seed everyone correctly and these games will still inevitably happen.

Loyola was a committee manufactured "upset", in reality those teams could have been an 8/9 matchup. Buffalo over Zona was the only true upset yesterday.

Used to live in Owensboro but just recently moved to Bowling Green, right outside of BG really.
Nice. Spent a week every summer at my grandparents there in Owensboro. Moonlite BBQ, Reid's orchard, world's biggest sasafrass tree on Fredrica, etc. Great Town. Love Bowling Green area too!

Nice. Spent a week every summer at my grandparents there in Owensboro. Moonlite BBQ, Reid's orchard, world's biggest sasafrass tree on Fredrica, etc. Great Town. Love Bowling Green area too!
If you haven’t been to Owensboro in a while you’d be amazed at how much it’s changed. Highway 54 is what Fredrica St used to be. The mall is pretty much dead.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
So who will be the first amateur team to go down?
Not sure what you mean? I would say Tennessee is an "amateur team", but I like our chances for a round or two further.

SFA is 112 on Kenpom, theyre actually a pretty weak team, name value because they have won games before is distoring the perception of them. TT played nervous but still prevailed.

Buffalo seeded correctly IMO, they just caught fire and UA imploded under the pressure, just a classic upset game. The committee can seed everyone correctly and these games will still inevitably happen.

Loyola was a committee manufactured "upset", in reality those teams could have been an 8/9 matchup. Buffalo over Zona was the only true upset yesterday.
I’m not a big fan of Kenpom. I’m a bigger fan of the eyeball test. They looked bigger and more athletic than you see for a team in that seed range. Teams like SFA don’t get a lot of opportunity to prove their worth during the regular season, and in the few games they get against P5 schools, they are almost always on the road. A lot of these teams are probably in the 8-12 seed range ability wise, but in a tourney situation where all the pressure is on the higher seed, that spells disaster.

I also didn’t feel like TT played nervous. SFA hounded them defensively with a lot of pressure. This is the type of team you don’t want to play in the tourney because refs swallow their whistles in the tourney(well...the first weekend anyway). Which is why Huggin’s style is beneficial in the tourney until the EE. This allowed SFA to get up in their grill and get them off their game. I think SFA ran out of gas late and that’s why TT pulled ahead. That kind of intensity is tough to pull off for 40 minutes.

Used to live in Owensboro but just recently moved to Bowling Green, right outside of BG really.
So you're not a North Carolina transplant? You are a Kentuckian who chooses to root for UNC? Did your parents molest you or something?

My roommate in college was born and raised in Danville. He's always rooted for UNC as well. I've never really saw a problem with it.

Nope, just smarter than everyone else here.
Oh....so you're THAT guy. Not that I took you seriously before but at least now your shtick is fully exposed. "I was born in the Bronx but I root for the Mets." "I grew up in L.A. Go Clippers." The consumate contrarian. Colin Cowherd. Skip Bayless. Meh. At least now I can view your horrendous posts through the proper lens.

I picked Texas A&M to be the only team to be upset from the SEC in the first round a few days ago. I think we see that today.

Oh....so you're THAT guy. Not that I took you seriously before but at least now your shtick is fully exposed. "I was born in the Bronx but I root for the Mets." "I grew up in L.A. Go Clippers." The consumate contrarian. Colin Cowherd. Skip Bayless. Meh. At least now I can view your horrendous posts through the proper lens.
It was a joke. Relax

With the right hire, next year.

Maybe. But with what players you're going to lose and no recruits, I highly doubt that. Plus more pending sanctions per FBI investigation who knows when UL will be relevant again. Just saying....

ADVERTISEMENT