ADVERTISEMENT

Luka Freaking Garza

Garza is not a stiff and these could be the starters
4* SO Toussaint [by ESPN]
4* RSSR Jordan [by ESPN] 3rd team all BT
4* JR Wieskamp top 100 by ESPN and Rivals 3rd team all BT
4* RSJR Connor top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals
4* SR Garza top 100 4* by ESPN 4* by Rivals with these for awards that is returning
1st team all BT
1st team AA
BT NPOY
Sporting News NPOY
Dick Vitals NPOY
Jabbars NPOY
plus other major post season awards. going into this season as the unanimous POY,1st Team All BT, BT POY. Unanimous. can't help you with your ignorance.

Program kind of up and down defensively under this coach for a decade, ranging anywhere from decent to lousy. Hasn't been all that good last couple of years. This will probably determine how far the team goes. Looks like scoring won't be a problem most nights.

Program kind of up and down defensively under this coach for a decade, ranging anywhere from decent to lousy. Hasn't been all that good last couple of years. This will probably determine how far the team goes. Looks like scoring won't be a problem most nights.
with this team and the previous teams it was more of a matter of the players buying into wanting to play defense, plus it helps when they are heathy. from the beginning they never had this many injuries, they have because of injuries just tried to outscore the other team.

this year hopefully these 3 will be 100%
Fredrick
JBo
Nunge
even if they are not Fran will still have 10 players that can play. that means 1 new FR may have to start.
Perkins or Ulis at the 2. considering what Toussaint and CJ did while starting as FR I am not to worried about how they will do. Fran can still go with his 4 G 1 BIG lineup that he has been using the last couple of years,

Back to Back 6th place finishes in the Big10. Why wouldn't you be excited?
Iowa finished 5th and had the #5 seed in the BTT, that's with all injuries.

the players that Fran has recruited the last couple year are all defensive minded. the new coach is defensive oriented minded.

and its not the defense that suffered it was giving up to many offensive rebounds that led to way to many 2nd chance points.

wish their was seperate stat for 2nd chance points. cut down on giving up offensive rebounds the opponents scoring goes down and the teams adj d Goes down.

that was the strong suit during that period when their adj d was between 21 to 34.

I can't wait. Stay in your lane Bros
1206180559.jpeg
Absolutely...cannot...wait.....

its funny how Illinois fans talk big since these were the scores
Iowa Home W 72-65 Wieskamp and Fredrick combined to score 36 points
Iowa Away L 78-76 and it took a block by Cockburn that let them win Wieskamp and Fredrick combined to score 10 points. Garza scored 28 points, with Toussaint scoring 14 points on 4-4 from the FTL and 2-4 from 3. even Connor went 2-2 from 3.

we shall see if Illinois will stop Iowa.

its funny how Illinois fans talk big since these were the scores
Iowa Home W 72-65 Wieskamp and Fredrick combined to score 36 points
Iowa Away L 78-76 and it took a block by Cockburn that let them win Wieskamp and Fredrick combined to score 10 points. Garza scored 28 points, with Toussaint scoring 14 points on 4-4 from the FTL and 2-4 from 3. even Connor went 2-2 from 3.

we shall see if Illinois will stop Iowa.

RollLaughDon't worry about Illinois' defense...I think it's iowa D, or extreme lack thereof, you should be be concerned about.

RollLaughDon't worry about Illinois' defense...I think it's iowa D, or extreme lack thereof, you should be be concerned about.
then why didn't Illinois D stop Iowa,

Iowa played against opposing D's that ended up #13 and adj o of #3 that's some pretty solid opponents.
14 of those teams were in Kenpoms top 40 overall with some of them playing them twice. and 11 in the top 50 for adj o. maybe just maybe the level of competition had something to do with the scoring they did vs Iowa.

or
2018 242nd
2019 111th Fran's new coaching hire who is a defensive coach 1st season
2020 97th after being as high as 76th. 2nd season of a injury riddled season that had more of a impact on practice W/O bodies to go 5 on 5 in practice.

hmmm year over year improvement
131 spots then 14 spots.
this season the team can go 5 deep at each position in size
5 6'11 Garza vs 6'11 Nunge
4 6'9 Patrick vs 6'9 Keegan
3 6'6 Wieskamp vs 6'8 Kris
2 6'3 Fredrick vs 6'1 Jordan
1 6'0 Toussaint vs 6'2 Ulis
extra
6'4 Perkins vs 6'5 Connor
6'11 Ogundele who can work out with both Garza or Nunge. these will be interesting matchups in practice. would love to be a small bird in the rafters to watch these.

Oh man, I am so jacked!! I loved our games.

One of us is winning the BIG and both may be in the FF.

Bring the fvcking heat Illini
Love how you guys count kitty hawks before they hatch.
And, Hawkit, Huskers are also predicting a FF/championship run for your Husker women's volleyball team.

Love how you guys count kitty hawks before they hatch.
And, Hawkit, Huskers are also predicting a FF/championship run for your Husker women's volleyball team.
don't know about hawkitt counting on the new comers as I just looking at how they will help in practice.

to me these 5 may not see the floor until mop up time
1 Ulis
2 Perkins
3 Kris
4 Keegan
5 Ogundele

as they don't have to be major contributors for 2 years. when looking at the past players who progressed each year they were here, by the time they are JR's they should be up to speed to be solid starters like these
Marble non top 150 by Rivals
White non top 150 by Rivals
Jok non top 150 by Rivals
all 3 ended up 1st team All BT by their SR years.

or
2018 242nd
2019 111th Fran's new coaching hire who is a defensive coach 1st season
2020 97th after being as high as 76th. 2nd season of a injury riddled season that had more of a impact on practice W/O bodies to go 5 on 5 in practice.

hmmm year over year improvement
131 spots then 14 spots.
this season the team can go 5 deep at each position in size
5 6'11 Garza vs 6'11 Nunge
4 6'9 Patrick vs 6'9 Keegan
3 6'6 Wieskamp vs 6'8 Kris
2 6'3 Fredrick vs 6'1 Jordan
1 6'0 Toussaint vs 6'2 Ulis
extra
6'4 Perkins vs 6'5 Connor
6'11 Ogundele who can work out with both Garza or Nunge. these will be interesting matchups in practice. would love to be a small bird in the rafters to watch these.
The ol’cut and paste! Love it.

Maybe move up to mediocre:D
if you call being ranked in early preseason pole #5 and a #2 seed in most brackett's mediocre. I will take that level every year, now that Garza has made his decision the new ranking might list them in the top 4 and be given a #1 seed.

mediocre not hardly.

I’d say the old ranking took into account Garza was most likely coming back.

I doubt anyone would have Iowa top 5 without Garza. Regardless pretty nice to have such lofty expectations going into the season.

I’d say the old ranking took into account Garza was most likely coming back.

I doubt anyone would have Iowa top 5 without Garza. Regardless pretty nice to have such lofty expectations going into the season.
W/O Garza they were/are ranked as high as #12 by some and a #5 seed by other brackets.

W/O Garza this team still has a pair of 3rd Team all BT players.
the BT FR 1st teamer and the BT leagues 3 point shooter
Jordan is on pace to break the all time BT record for made 3 pointers
Connor led the nation in assists to TO margin

last season before anyone knew what Garza would do and before Jordan shut it down Iowa was a 3 seed because of Jordan. maybe the stars are not supposed to mean anything, but this falls team has 7 4* players, then next season team will have at least 5 4* players on it. barring recruits in the 21 class.

one more thing about Garza was last year just a flash in the pan or can he do as good if not better this season? that has yet to be determined,

if you call being ranked in early preseason pole #5 and a #2 seed in most brackett's mediocre. I will take that level every year, now that Garza has made his decision the new ranking might list them in the top 4 and be given a #1 seed.

mediocre not hardly.

We're talking about the defense, dumbass. I thought I asked you to ignore me.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
as the players gain experience their defense improves. the only reason why I took you off ignore was to read one of your posts, which just reinforced my opinion that your intelligence is less than that of a preschooler.

but hey keep on with your hatred of Fran and this team so goodbye

as the players gain experience their defense improves. the only reason why I took you off ignore was to read one of your posts, which just reinforced my opinion that your intelligence is less than that of a preschooler.

but hey keep on with your hatred of Fran and this team so goodbye

That's why I said getting from terrible to bad to mediocre. I can't help it if you don't have any reading comprehension.

here's a tidbit on how players under Fran improve on defense
2015 ADJ D was #34 and the players were JR's
2016 adj d was #30 and the players were SR's

this season they will have 2 SR's and 2 JR's now if things follow along the lines of how the players progress under Fran as they gain more experience the better the team defense gets.

ADVERTISEMENT