ADVERTISEMENT

Luka Freaking Garza

He wasn't going to be drafted...WTF were you dudes expecting...??Laughing

In their defense there are PLENTY of players leaving early with no chance Of getting selected in the nba draft. There are every year. I think last stat I seen was 120 players leaving and only 60 draft spots, and im not even sure if the 120 includes seniors expected to be drafted.

He could have prob made a nice chunk of change in Europe this year. Not nba money of course but 6 figures is nothin to sneeze at eap in ur early to mid 20s.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I’m actually going complete 180 and hope Iowa goes undefeated to see if Gil and company can make any of yalls heads explode.

Im bout half convinced he’s a world class troll pretending to be an old man at this point.

I’m actually going complete 180 and hope Iowa goes undefeated to see if Gil and company can make any of yalls heads explode.

Im bout half convinced he’s a world class troll pretending to be an old man at this point.
I've felt this for some time, now...

In their defense there are PLENTY of players leaving early with no chance Of getting selected in the nba draft. There are every year. I think last stat I seen was 120 players leaving and only 60 draft spots, and im not even sure if the 120 includes seniors expected to be drafted.

He could have prob made a nice chunk of change in Europe this year. Not nba money of course but 6 figures is nothin to sneeze at eap in ur early to mid 20s.
True....BUT----of those 120, I'd say a large percentage have a chance of playing in the NBA, or at worse, signing a G-league contract. COuld be wrong. Of the 60 or so that won't get drafted, that is...I cannot recall the last time a NPOY candidate/winner wasn't on a draft board...Laughing

Where was he going ?
probably overseas, where he would started at $300,000 a year or more. some make up $800,000 per year and with him being Bosnian he will make top money over there.

one thing to note NBA scouts were starting to look harder at him after his summer workout videos came out, extending his 3 point range, accuracy and 2 new post moves, to just the one post move. he can go to his right and left equally now vs his limited one post move.

the 3 point range has been extended out past 30'. this will make the College 3 and NBA 3 that much easier to shoot. if he can get his FT avg back to 80+% back this year his scoring avg will go up.

he led the team in FTA with 195 and 127 made for a 65.1% avg. at 80%he would have made 156 FT's for almost a full ppg increase from 23.9 ppg to 24.8 ppg.

True....BUT----of those 120, I'd say a large percentage have a chance of playing in the NBA, or at worse, signing a G-league contract. COuld be wrong. Of the 60 or so that won't get drafted, that is...I cannot recall the last time a NPOY candidate/winner wasn't on a draft board...Laughing

Id say surely Garza could have gotten a g league contract but I don’t really know.

And just last year Cassius Winston was a npoy candidate and wasn’t on many draft boards. It’s kind of crazy how many college stars last year will either go undrafted or more than likely slide to the second round. Garza, Sec POY quickley, Howard from Marquette, Powell from seton hall, Nwora from Louisville, Flynn from SDSU, Dotson and dok from Kansas, Winston as already mentioned. These guys put up all American type numbers last year but might not even get drafted in the first round. The nba draft is pretty effing crazy when you think about how much more they value potential than production.

You are also forgetting the Euro players that will be drafted.

Great point, plus the American kids who skipped college to play overseas like Lamelo Ball and RJ Hampton, though those are the only two I can think of.

I just know Louisville alone has lost 3-4 kids that left early with zero chance of getting drafted the past few years, Deng adel, Jaylen Johnson, and Terrence Jennings to name a few off the top of my head.

Id say surely Garza could have gotten a g league contract but I don’t really know.

And just last year Cassius Winston was a npoy candidate and wasn’t on many draft boards. It’s kind of crazy how many college stars last year will either go undrafted or more than likely slide to the second round. Garza, Sec POY quickley, Howard from Marquette, Powell from seton hall, Nwora from Louisville, Flynn from SDSU, Dotson and dok from Kansas, Winston as already mentioned. These guys put up all American type numbers last year but might not even get drafted in the first round. The nba draft is pretty effing crazy when you think about how much more they value potential than production.

Makes sense to me , those guys aren't going to be go to scores in the NBA . The need to play a role and have better physical stature

He’s not

You wouldn't say that to my face , my mom died a few years ago and I would beat your face in beyond comprehension
michigan-mullet-guy.jpg

Reactions: hawkit3113
So this is what Iowa fans act like when they THINK they MIGHT have a good season?

This should explain why us UK fans act like assholes on here. 8 national titles and most wins, is at least something to brag about. These jokers have never even tasted success, but they act like they have owned cbb since Fran took over. Sheesh.

ADVERTISEMENT