ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville vs. Indiana 12/9

I know a Bob Myers but I never had him in college.

I went to UL way, way back.
bert's%20uofl%20id.jpg

lol incredible pick Bert

oh Borden , give it up, your team sucks really bad. Miller is in over his head right now and its going to take several years to climb out of the wreckage. If you werent going to get a better coach than Crean, you guys shouldnt of made a change.

oh Borden , give it up, your team sucks really bad. Miller is in over his head right now and its going to take several years to climb out of the wreckage. If you werent going to get a better coach than Crean, you guys shouldnt of made a change.

And if you don’t think Miller is a better coach than Crean then I don’t know what to tell you.

I mean I get that you're just trolling but the early returns might actually be on your side.

Indiana is giving up more points per possession than any team Crean had other than 2015 when Crean still got them in as an 8 seed( because for all his faults Crean had some beautiful offenses at IU, including 2015's 8th rated offense). This includes giving up more points per possession than Crean's 6-25 team which is somewhat perplexing a defense can be worse than that one with as much returning scholarship players as Indiana has this season compared to that year.

Indiana is also scoring more points per possession than only 3 of Crean's teams, which those 3 are Crean's first three years when Indiana was terrible and devoid of talent during the rebuild.

You obviously need to give Archie 3 years or more to rebuild and establish his teams, but yeah his transition has not been as smooth as was expected at this point. Most IU fans were predicting Indiana to make the tournament rather comfortably in the offseason threads and I also thought Indiana would find themselves on the right side of the bubble during the offseason thread predictions. I, obviously, no longer have that optimism.

And if you don’t think Miller is a better coach than Crean then I don’t know what to tell you.

What are you basing that off of? the fact Crean has more tournament wins and has been to a final four or does potential thanks to bubba being at AZ trump actual accomplishments here?

What are you basing that off of? the fact Crean has more tournament wins and has been to a final four or does potential thanks to bubba being at AZ trump actual accomplishments here?

Organization, style, and toss in accomplishments as well. Multiple conference championships and an elite eight run at Dayton. I’ll take that over what Crean did at Marquette.

I certainly thought the transition would be better but to this point IU has only lost one game that was unexpected. Is Archie a lock to win at IU no but that doesn’t mean you keep Crean. Crean’s consistency was his down fall and he wasn’t going to be winning any recruiting battles in Indiana any time soon.

Archie gives Indiana a fresh start and at least a chance at some sustained success and possible “elite” status. Crean had no chance of ever doing that. He had burned too many bridges. There is a reason he isn’t coaching right now

Not counting the 3 year rebuild Crean had to do........ he at least did well in his OOC schedule......... once he got a decent group in place... he never went 5-5 in the OOC like Archie is doing right now.

Crean's time at Marquette was a lot like Miller's at Dayton........except for a final four instead of elite 8........

People saying Archie is the better coach either think Crean forgot how to coach from his Marquette days or they are going off of hope and potential.

Not counting the 3 year rebuild Crean had to do........ he at least did well in his OOC schedule......... once he got a decent group in place... he never went 5-5 in the OOC like Archie is doing right now.

Crean's time at Marquette was a lot like Miller's at Dayton........except for a final four instead of elite 8........

People saying Archie is the better coach either think Crean forgot how to coach from his Marquette days or they are going off of hope and potential.

No

Reactions: klize17

He’s 4-4 OOC

So why is the ACC and big 10 playing conf games this early. It's throwing me off

B1G is playing their conference tournament a week early this year at MSG

This will be the norm going forward as the B1G is moving to 20 games. They will play a couple of conference games spread out in December, not back to back like this year, and then 18 after the new year

Meh, yeah. I'n no mood to respond any more in depth to an obvious(and very bad) troll attempt. Or at least I hope it is.

I get he's trying to rustle and Bordens an easy target but he obviously cares more than most.
Not that easy. I'll argue when I feel I am right. Or feel it's a legit reason to argue. This is not one of those times. I know his agenda. That or he's really stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT