ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Coaching Search

I mean, getting a coach that won a natty like 2 years ago would be a pretty big get I feel like.
It would but it's not happening. It's their rumor they won't happen, but at least start with Donovan or something.

It would but it's not happening. It's their rumor they won't happen, but at least start with Donovan or something.

I'm gonna be honest I haven't been following the hiring stuff at all, so maybe it's not feasible. But I could see someone leaving Baylor for UL. It's still an elite job, or could be if they get the right coach. They make the wrong hire again, and it's IU part two.

I'm gonna be honest I haven't been following the hiring stuff at all, so maybe it's not feasible. But I could see someone leaving Baylor for UL. It's still an elite job, or could be if they get the right coach. They make the wrong hire again, and it's IU part two.
I just don't see a guy who built Baylor wanting to leave it and do it all over again. UofL will get a guy who thinks they can do more there than where they're at which essentially someone from a lower tier school or possibly a name whos at odds with their current school.

Scott Drew is the overwhelming pick. Let’s see how it plays out! Myself, if I was Drew and I was just looking at the job and not factoring anything into it I would pick UL but he’s already established there, they love him and he’s won there. He’s gonna have to make a choice.

I just don't see a guy who built Baylor wanting to leave it and do it all over again. UofL will get a guy who thinks they can do more there than where they're at which essentially someone from a lower tier school or possibly a name whos at odds with their current school.
Drew would have his salary doubled, and the NIL money would be much more than what he has now.

Reactions: KisteK
This mindset is probably what separates me from the ultra successful (as well as intelligence, looks, resilience, drive, etc.) but I can’t imagine giving up my kingdom at Baylor if I were Scott Drew. On top of that, the ACC has the shelf life of a goldfish. Who wants that headache, too?

Drew would have his salary doubled, and the NIL money would be much more than what he has now.
That would help I'll admit I don't know what he makes. I just assumed Baylor would have enough to come close or match what UofL is willing to spend.

If Im Louisville, I'd take May over Drew all day. Im actually hoping UL hires Drew so Kentucky won't. He's younger and hungrier. Drew has spent 20 years at the same school. Had one great year. Rest of his resume is pretty pedestrian. Hitting Final 4 with a mid major early in May's career is more impressive to me.

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK
If I was an IU fan I’d be pissed I kept Mike Woodson and Dusty May goes to UL
Be a tough pill to swallow if he succeeds. Hoping FAU goes on another run and pushes things off and forces UofLs hands.

Seriously tho, I think Louisville would be well served to think outside the box. Rather than bring in a proven head coach, I'd look to Luke Murray if I were them. Dude is the lead recruiter and designs the offensive sets for UConn is may be the best assistant coach in the country. And he coached under Chris Mack at Xavier and Louisville.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Seriously tho, I think Louisville would be well served to think outside the box. Rather than bring in a proven head coach, I'd look to Luke Murray if I were them. Dude is the lead recruiter and designs the offensive sets for UConn is may be the best assistant coach in the country. And he coached under Chris Mack at Xavier and Louisville.

is that Bill Murray's son?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Maybe they're waiting to announce a sweet 16 coach. Can't announce yet due to them still playing.

Describes Louisville and their coaching search perfectly.
IMG-9105.jpg

UL hiring Pitino's boy would be fvcking hilarious and sad. He's an average coach. Would further cement how big of a shithole program they are right now though.

• Haha
Reactions: JC for 3 and KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT