ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Cal is a part-time fisherman.

If he didn't get injured he could be Kentucky's all time leading scorer. He did all that with his Senior year cut short.
But did he play varsity as a 7th or 8th grader? In Kentucky, you can play varsity as a 7th/8th grader. In Indiana you cannot play varsity until you;re a freshman.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
But did he play varsity as a 7th or 8th grader? In Kentucky, you can play varsity as a 7th/8th grader. In Indiana you cannot play varsity until you;re a freshman.
If not for Indiana (Seymour/Jackson co. My mom tried Mt. Vernon and they said the same) telling me I was too young to go to the next grade, I would have graduated HS at 16.I had to sit out a whole year, because they wouldn't allow me to participate. True Story back in the early 80's.

funny, but they said I had to be at least a certain age, not IQ. I skipped grade in Kentucky, moved to Indiana and they held be back due to age.
giphy.gif

I mean.........Indiana was probably like----WTF is a 29 year old, doing in the 11th grade. Kentucky educational system, for ya...

anyway, after looking it up. Allen played 13 games his senior year and all his stats come during his time in HS. One site said he's 10th all time, another says 11th. Either way pretty impressive. I guess that what chucking up 50 shots a game (hyperbole), and averaging 40+(not hyperbole) points does for you.

anyway, after looking it up. Allen played 13 games his senior year and all his stats come during his time in HS. One site said he's 10th all time, another says 11th. Either way pretty impressive. I guess that what chucking up 50 shots a game (hyperbole), and averaging 40+(not hyperbole) points does for you.
Kinda of odd...Kids of his talents usually play varsity ball as an 8th grader. Did he attend a big school, though? That would make sense.

Kinda of odd...Kids of his talents usually play varsity ball as an 8th grader. Did he attend a big school, though? That would make sense.
He played at a small school, Pendleton County. Until this thread, I haven't delved into his HS stats, I'm literally quoting links and if it's on the internet, it must be true. ;) Either way he's top 10/11 all time leader in Kentucky HS scoring (avg 40+, and 10+ rebounds). I don't know where UL's Johnson ranks.

*University Heights guard KyKy Tandy ranked fifth in the state in scoring (26.0 ppg), led the Blazers to the All “A” Classic championship and has signed with Xavier.

Trinity’s David Johnson (16.2 ppg, 7.2 rpg), a University of Louisville signee..."

He played at a small school, Pendleton County. Until this thread, I haven't delved into his HS stats, I'm literally quoting links and if it's on the internet, it must be true. ;) Either way he's top 10/11 all time leader in Kentucky HS scoring (avg 40+, and 10+ rebounds). I don't know where UL's Johnson ranks.

*University Heights guard KyKy Tandy ranked fifth in the state in scoring (26.0 ppg), led the Blazers to the All “A” Classic championship and has signed with Xavier.

Trinity’s David Johnson (16.2 ppg, 7.2 rpg), a University of Louisville signee..."

My Man Luke

It was obvious it was a career award, instead of season award.
Tandy only played 10 games.

Similar to why Damon Lillard won NBA rookie of the year over anthony davis.
Davis missed alot of games his rookie season.

For the 100th time his all time stats, As impressive as they are, are irrelevant for an award that is supposedly based on one season.

And I was wrong on the ten games It was 13, but still that’s not even half of a season when you include the playoffs.

If Allen hadnt signed with UK he would not have won the award only playing in 13 games. And again I’m not trying to argue that Johnson is a better player or prospect bc by everyone who ranks hs prospects, he is not. But he did have a better senior season than Allen, bc allens season was cut short by injury. And so did Tandy and everyone else who got votes bc they didn’t have their season cut In half bc of injury, which again I realize is not his fault and out of his control.

Again Allen was hands down the best player/prospect in Kentucky. That’s not my issue, it’s the fact that he won the award after playing 13 games against competition in a part of the state that isn’t rich in basketball talent, and I’m fully aware of his ridiculous stats before he got injured. But I mean when’s the last time a KY mr basketball didn’t play a single playoff game, not district, not region, not state. Or the last time a kid won that played in less than 15 games.

Last edited:
the guy going to UL is getting strippers anyways... so give the one going to UK an award ... I mean it doesnt make up for not having your junk fondled but at least its something.

Reactions: JC for 3
That’s Fitting seeing how this thread was created bc of the quotes of someone who needs one or two of those towels himself.

Reactions: PreachermansSon
the guy going to UL is getting strippers anyways... so give the one going to UK an award ... I mean it doesnt make up for not having your junk fondled but at least its something.

I’m sure Johnson is fine with his State championship ring. Here’s to a speedy recovery for both

Reactions: PreachermansSon
Nope, didn’t mention the OP. Nice try though I guess, I can’t tell if u were going for Humorous or clever, but you missed on both.
I was just trying to shine up your post. I didn't have much to work with. Winking

Anyway, I knew his quotes would trigger some ppl. This thread didn't disappoint. It brought all the UK/ Calipari followers out.

Last edited:
No offense, but you're kind of an idiot.
I'm not "kind of", I'm full blown idiot. BUT, I'm not hanging on UL's nuts on here, so I have that going for me. SmokinSmile

Even though, you just went straight to shitting on me and name calling, I'm going to say, it doesn't take any effort to be negative, You're a commentator and not a participator. nvm. continue to shit on UL, I can't believe I came to their defense. They clearly don't need it. This offseason can't come to a close soon enough.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT