ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Cal is a part-time fisherman.

I mean, as a coach----Why? I mean, I can see a reason WHY Cal would. Hell half, if not more, of BBN feels that 90% of their losses are due to the officiating. So its somewhat genius by Cal. He knows BBN already feels what he is saying. Soooooo....when UK loses a big game, or loses in the NCAAT...Welp, he can fall back on the, "We have to beat 8", mantra.

Takes the losses off his back.

Pure genius, man.Winking

I mean, as a coach----Why? I mean, I can see a reason WHY Cal would. Hell half, if not more, of BBN feels that 90% of their losses are due to the officiating. So its somewhat genius by Cal. He knows BBN already feels what he is saying. Soooooo....when UK loses a big game, or loses in the NCAAT...Welp, he can fall back on the, "We have to beat 8", mantra.

Pure genius, man.Winking
Kentucky probably only has like 11 legit losses under Cal where refs weren’t the deciding factor.

"K" says you are welcome...:D
Dick. Winking

tumblr_m8x5ve73zf1rdnxl2o1_500.gif

Pure genius, man.Winking

Exactly. Cal ain’t taking no responsibility for those losses and just in case he only wins 1 championship in his career, fans will cut him some slack since the refs/NCAA hated him despite sending 9 million players to the NBA.

Sneaky Cal

Damn that’s impressive, especially sestina. Granted I don’t know a lot about the guy but I didn’t consider him as “long” def didn’t expect a 7 ft wingspan.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Is Allen expected to play this year? I know he had a nasty knee injury like 10 games into his Hs senior year. And still won the politically biased Kentucky Mr Basketball.

And I know he had ridiculously stats, but if Allen has signed with Louisville and Johnson with UK, Johnson would have won mr basketball no doubt in my mind. Hell there’s been HS basketball coaches quoted saying they’d never vote for a kid from the city of Louisville. That wasn’t a recent quote but still the state bleeds blue.

Last edited:
Is Allen expected to play this year? I know he had a nasty knee injury like 10 games into his Hs senior year. And still won the politically biased Kentucky Mr Basketball.

And I know he had ridiculously stats, but if Allen has signed with Louisville and Johnson with UK, Johnson would have won me basketball no doubt in my mind.
He's still about a month to two months out from his torn acl rehabilitation, and yeah, he averaged 42 ppg. And as far as your conspiracy theory. Allen finished his high school career with 3,255 career points, which ranks 11th all-time in state history. I'm not sure where Johnson is ranked.

....this guy must be the one that created the PowerPoint of still shots from that game.

Not I’m not him but that guy was right. What yall love to convienently omit about that power point or whatever is the fact that he also included all the bad/questionable calls that benefitted Louisville. Not just the ones against UK, and the ratio was like 3:1.

I’d challenge any non uk fan to rewatch that game and walk away saying it was officiated evenly. Let u pick my avatar or tag line or whatever for forever.

I mean hell we had a player after the game during media session say something along the lines of “If they (refs) are gonna call it like that UKs gonna win the whole damn thing”. I know that’s not how quotes work but I just don’t remember the exact words.

I mean when’s the last time a college player said something like that after a loss, and I think it was Hancock, the guy with the highest b-ball iq and most experience of anyone on the team.

I mean I get it it’s done and gone and has been long ago, it’s just the last time I remember watching a game 8 v 5

One of the all time best meltdowns in message board history. Dude literally went screenshot to screenshot breaking down every move/play.

Yea but he didn’t just illustrate the bad/questionable calls that benefitted UK, he did the same so the ones that benefited UK as well and the ratio was 3:1.

That was just such a tough pill to swallow bc one losing to UK sucks anytime and twice as bad in the tourney, two we were ******edly under seeded. A four seed ranked like 6-7 in the nation. And three the fans(myself included) thought we were playing better than anyone coming into the tourney. Hell we beat the eventual champ 3 times that year by 30 pts a game. But I realize that’s ancient history and is what it is, and it would have been vacated anyways if you care about that type of thing. But I’ll let y’all carry on without my 5 year old pity party lol.

It must be in the (Kentucky) water.

Lmao I get blasted all the time on the 24/7 home board for bitching about the officials by posters that love to play the this player shoulda/coulda done this better or the what if game all damn day instead of calling a spade a spade, like a terrible call that could cost your team a close game.

Wow, we have 10 scholarship players and seven of them have wingspans 7'0 or above.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-07-at-2.32.28-AM.png

And we have some shooters that can actually make shots lol. Sestina went 20-24 3s. Smooth shot. Juzang (another smooth stroke), Maxey and Quickly all can knock it down. Defensively we should be elite, offense will be a work in progress.

I think we'll end up being better than last year.

He's still about a month to two months out from his torn acl rehabilitation, and yeah, he averaged 42 ppg. And as far as your conspiracy theory. Allen finished his high school career with 3,255 career points, which ranks 11th all-time in state history. I'm not sure where Johnson is ranked.

MR basketball is based on one season though not career achievements. And last season Allen only played 10 games.

Now I’m not saying Johnson is a better player than Allen bc by all accounts Allen is an amazing player backed up by the fact at how highly he’s rated despite the knee injury. But johnson played against MUCH better competition last season and led his team deep into the state playoffs. (Can’t remember if they won or not, I think Trinity did but not certain)

I’m just saying if a kid that signed with Louisville only played 10 games of the season, he could average 50 and 20 in those ten games and not be in the mix for Kentucky Mr Basketball.

Last edited:
And we have some shooters that can actually make shots lol. Sestina went 20-24 3s. Smooth shot. Juzang (another smooth stroke), Maxey and Quickly all can knock it down. Defensively we should be elite, offense will be a work in progress.

I think we'll end up being better than last year.
I do like how Calipari is switching up slashing players with scoring players.

MR basketball is based on one season though not career achievements. And last season Allen only played 10 games.

Now I’m not saying Johnson is a better player than Allen bc by all accounts Allen is an amazing player backed up by the fact at how highly he’s rated despite the knee injury. But johnson also played against MUCH better competition and led his team deep into the state playoffs. (Can’t remember if they won or not, I think Trinity did but not certain)

I’m just saying if a kid that signed with Louisville only played 10 games of the season, he could average 50 and 20 in those ten games and not be in the mix for Kentucky Mr Basketball.
If he didn't get injured he could be Kentucky's all time leading scorer. He did all that with his Senior year cut short.

I understand that, and I’m not trying to downplay how good of a player Allen is, I’m just saying KY Mr basketball isn’t awarded based on all time stats or achievements. It’s rewarded based on what the player did that season, and while Allen’s stats are ridiculous, and by all accounts is a better prospect/player than Johnson, he only played 10 games in a part of the state that’s not exactly talent rich. Now they could have played some good teams in those ten games I don’t know their schedule, but again he won the award while only being able to play ten games before he got injured. And I’m def not trying to blame the kid, I’m just saying KY mr basketball is more politics than basketball.

If everything else played out the same, Do you think Allen would have won Mr. Basketball if he was signed/committed to Louisville? Or any college besides UK. Or. Even if he was still uncommitted at the time. I edited an earlier post but u quoteD me before I edited it but there has been a HS basketball coach talking about the award and basically saying he would never vote for a kid from the city of Louisville, not a kid committed to the university but not a kid from the city period. It wasn’t a recent quote or anything but it just reenforces the point I’m trying to make that the state bleeds blue, and it often bleeds right into who wins Mr Basketball.

Last edited:
I understand that, and I’m not trying to downplay how good of a player Allen is, I’m just saying KY Mr basketball isn’t awarded based on all time stats or achievements. It’s rewarded based on what the player did that season, and while Allen’s stats are ridiculous, and by all accounts is a better prospect/player than Johnson, he only played 10 games in a part of the state that’s not exactly talent rich. Now they could have played some good teams in those ten games I don’t know their schedule, but again he won the award while only being able to play ten games.

Do you think he would have won Mr. Basketball if he was signed/committed to Louisville?
He was just shy of top 10 all time leading scorers in Kentucky history, I'd have no problem, or would take it personally, if he won it and went to UL. I wouldn't have gave a second thought.I definitely wouldn't have thought of any conspiracy theory.

"It's in the water".

*BTW, he's only the 18th Mr Basketball to sign with UK.

Last edited:
Back to Allen recovery, does the staff expect him to be able to return later in the year or just too early to tell. That could be a helluva late season pick up if he can heal in time. I don’t think there’s any sense in redshirting him unless he just obv can’t go bc I doubt he uses all four years of eligiblity anyways, but I guess u never know, I thought the same thing about Poythress until injuries really hindered his development and potential.

Back to Allen recovery, does the staff expect him to be able to return later in the year or just too early to tell. That could be a helluva late season pick up if he can heal in time. I don’t think there’s any sense in redshirting him unless he just obv can’t go bc I doubt he uses all four years of eligiblity anyways, but I guess u never know, I thought the same thing about Poythress until injuries really hindered his development and potential.
Again, he's about a month or so out to where he's cleared to play. He's running and jumping now.

He was just shy of top 10 all time leading scorers in Kentucky history, I'd have no problem, or would take it personally, if he won it and went to UL. I wouldn't have gave a second thought.I definitely wouldn't have thought of any conspiracy theory.

"It's in the water".

*BTW, he's only the 18th Mr Basketball to sign with UK.

** That’s bc Kentucky as a state doesn’t produce many recruits that are good enough to play at UK.

And again I don’t understand why u keep bringing up his all time stats when the award is supposed to be awarded based on what the player did in that one season.

And I understand Allen is a helluva ball player and the best player in the state and would have probably won mr basketball hands down even if he wore a shirt that said eff uk and UofL everyday of the week, had he not got injured and played the whole season. But again they award a mr basketball every single season, for what the player did on the court THAT season.

And since ur so big into Allen’s overall career stats, let’s look at last years stats, the only ones that supposedly matter for last years Mr basketball award . I’d be willing to bet Johnson scored more total points, had more total assists, steals, rebounds, etc last season bc Allen only got to play 10 games. Which again is not his fault, but it is what it is.

Again, he's about a month or so out to where he's cleared to play. He's running and jumping now.

Oh I thought u meant a month or so out from being able to like walk without crutches or pjs scooter. That’s whats up, I thought I had read somewhere where they didn’t know if he’d be ready to play at all this year. That’s a helluva chip in yalls back pocket. Hopefully Johnson is healed up before we meet as well.

** That’s bc Kentucky as a state doesn’t produce many recruits that are good enough to play at UK.

And again I don’t understand why u keep bringing up his all time stats when the award is supposed to be awarded based on what the player did in that one season.

And I understand Allen is a helluva ball player and the best player in the state and would have probably won mr basketball hands down even if he wore a shirt that said eff uk and UofL everyday of the week, had he not got injured and played the whole season. But again they award a mr basketball every single season, for what the player did on the court THAT season.

And since ur so big into Allen’s overall career stats, let’s look at last years stats, the only ones that supposedly matter for last years Mr basketball award . I’d be willing to bet Johnson scored more total points, had more total assists, steals, rebounds, etc last season bc Allen only got to play 10 games. Which again is not his fault, but it is what it is.
You realize you're the one with the conspiracy theory, I bring up his stats b/c that's why he won. It's pretty simple really. I would say I'm sorry your 100+ ranked UL recruit (108 to be exact, rivals) didn't win,but I wouldn't mean it. It's really hard to apologize for success. Some are really intimidated by others and try and tear it down/discredit it. For some reason, it makes them feel better.

*I do understand bias.

Last edited:

Conspiracy? Wandale Robinson proved that it isn’t a conspiracy.

I didn't realize Duke has had a Mr.Kentucky basketball player. UK leads with 18(out of 66 total), UL has had 10, and most have gone to schools like Duke, Virginia, Florida St., Tennessee, Vanderbilt has had a few, Auburn has had a couple, Army, Cincinnati, Western, Eastern, N. Kentucky.

But yeah, what were you guys saying insinuating again?

smh. the paranoia is strong. "but our guy didn't win it last year".

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT