ADVERTISEMENT

Lightning Rod Bert

12 months may as well be a lifetime for many addicts. Some of them can't stay clean for 12 hours.
Absolutely. But most of the people put in our program are simple possession, first time offenders. Known or admitted addicts get put into more of a treatment program. Sometimes people aren't honest about their addiction and don't get put in the right program for their needs. And some people just need to go to jail for a while.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Absolutely. But most of the people put in our program are simple possession, first time offenders. Known or admitted addicts get put into more of a treatment program. Sometimes people aren't honest about their addiction and don't get put in the right program for their needs. And some people just need to go to jail for a while.
Just tell them to move to Portland where they can legally satisfy all their drug needs.

Reactions: GhostOf301
I feel like most drugs are out of your system within days, especially uppers. Mary Jane seems to stay in your system the longest.

Reactions: Villian07
56c9df312e526554008b87b7

56c9df452e5265ba008b8821

56c9df5a2e526575008b8902

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
5 drug tests in. 5 failed drug tests. It's depressing seeing people waste second chance opportunities. One girl is looking at 5 years and all she had to do was stay clean for 12 months.
It'll blow your mind man. What really gets me is pre-employment drug screens. Why in gods name would you come in here hot while trying to get a job? I do all kinds of drug and alcohol screens at my clinic. The majority are overnighted to a lab. No sweat. The rapids get plenty interesting giving them the results. Anger, tears, bargaining, threats, deniers...I've had them all.

It'll blow your mind man. What really gets me is pre-employment drug screens. Why in gods name would you come in here hot while trying to get a job? I do all kinds of drug and alcohol screens at my clinic. The majority are overnighted to a lab. No sweat. The rapids get plenty interesting giving them the results. Anger, tears, bargaining, threats, deniers...I've had them all.
How often do you get propositioned to make those positive results go away?
200.gif

How often do you get propositioned to make those positive results go away?
200.gif
I bet its happened 5-6 times in the last 5 yrs or so. A few times right before they give their sample and a few times after I tell them its hot. Most just level with me and ask what I can do to make this go away. One guy tried to give me a hundred dollar bill. One offered yardwork lol.

I also bust people every week for bringing in fake urine. You'd think it would be fun to bust idiots, but I'd much rather just have everything go smooth.

I bet its happened 5-6 times in the last 5 yrs or so. A few times right before they give their sample and a few times after I tell them its hot. Most just level with me and ask what I can do to make this go away. One guy tried to give me a hundred dollar bill. One offered yardwork lol.

I also bust people every week for bringing in fake urine. You'd think it would be fun to bust idiots, but I'd much rather just have everything go smooth.
The "one guy" = Jew

The "one" = Mexican

Okay, I feel like I need to step in here.

So, it turns out, I have met and spent a day with Bert and a small portion of his family back in June. In fact, I still hang out with certain members of his family.

It hit me about a month ago that the guy I met, was in fact Bert from this board.

Bert is an awesome individual to hang out with and the 4 black families that were in my group that day, certainly didn't think he was racist.

Truth is, if you treat Bert with respect, he will put his arm around you and talk to you all day long and laugh louder than anyone.

So, this guy managed to talk politics, from the opposite side of the fence, for at least an hour, with one of the most opinionated democrats I have ever met and both people came away with great respect for each other, that's hard to do these days.

Bert fit right in with my group that day and the members of his family, that I still hang with, also fit right in with my group.

If any of you get the chance to meet Bert in person, you most likely will have a totally different opinion of him than you get by reading posts on here, he's a good dude, trust me.
I now know who you are KyJeff. Dang it is a small world.

Thanks for the good words, but there are a couple guys on this board that will totally discount your statements. Facts only get in their way.

I now know who you are KyJeff. Dang it is a small world.

Thanks for the good words, but there are a couple guys on this board that will totally discount your statements. Facts only get in their way.
Eh, it's just a message board, there are always posters that have their minds made up and require proof to change their minds.
I had a different view of you before I met you than I do now, now I understand your posts more and I have a better idea of where you're coming from.
We'll be in your neck of the woods this weekend, come on out, I bet you know where we will be. Haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Eh, it's just a message board, there are always posters that have their minds made up and require proof to change their minds.
I had a different view of you before I met you than I do now, now I understand your posts more and I have a better idea of where you're coming from.
We'll be in your neck of the woods this weekend, come on out, I bet you know where we will be. Haha.

First of all I have nothing but the utmost respect for you. We had our differences back in the day over the UNC drama but I think we both came out of it as having a mutual respect for each other. Bert said some crazy shit that didn't sit well with me and as a black man I couldn't let go. He deserves the all the blowback that comes his way because IMO he can dish it out but he can't take it. Now reading what you said about him has me thinking maybe I ought to adjust my opinion. We all say crazy and stupid shit here, some own it some don't and I'm far from perfect. People should know what to say when talking about other people especially if they don't look like them.

First of all I have nothing but the utmost respect for you. We had our differences back in the day over the UNC drama but I think we both came out of it as having a mutual respect for each other. Bert said some crazy shit that didn't sit well with me and as a black man I couldn't let go. He deserves the all the blowback that comes his way because IMO he can dish it out but he can't take it. Now reading what you said about him has me thinking maybe I ought to adjust my opinion. We all say crazy and stupid shit here, some own it some don't and I'm far from perfect. People should know what to say when talking about other people especially if they don't look like them.
I know you and Scotty had some good back n forth back in the days in the “Anniversary” thread. Man, I miss that time!

200w.gif

I don't recall that conversation, I don't know what he said to you, but I do know this, Bert is a rigid individual, he’s tough minded. If he feels like he's being attacked, he’s going to come out guns blazing, but if you're respectful to him, he’s going to return the favor.
I think you would actually like him if you met him.

Lol. I have never said “get gay people out of my state, I want straights”!!! Nor condemned homosexuality. In fact quite the opposite, as I’m a huge advocate of lgbtq rights. Big difference, and huge reach per usual by Hail. Glad he admitted Bert’s comments were racist though. Baby steps.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Lol. I have never said “get gay people out of my state, I want straights”!!! Nor condemned homosexuality. In fact quite the opposite, as I’m a huge advocate of lgbtq rights. Big difference, and huge reach per usual by Hail. Glad he admitted Bert’s comments were racist though. Baby steps.

Do you think it’s okay to us homosexual slurs in a derogatory manner?

Just because you're a dick online doesn't mean you're a dick in real life. That said, if you treat people like shit online and get treated like shit back online, well, tough. You brought it upon yourself. I have never made remarks about Bert as a person, but he took his ball and went home on this message board. That is what people do when they say outlandish and nasty things but can't stand it when people send it back.

Do you think it’s okay to us homosexual slurs in a derogatory manner?
Apples to oranges conversation that’s irrelevant to the topic, but no it isn’t okay. However, I’ve never condemned homosexuality nor gay/trans people.In fact quite the opposite, as I’ve stated several occasions that I’m fully in support of lgbtq rights in every sort or manner. Bert condemned Mexicans and literally said he didn’t want any in “his” state. Like I said, you’re reaching and in turn defending Bert. Lol. Do you though.

Just wondering . . . and I might have TOTALLY missed this . . . Would there happen to be any homosexual slurs that can be used in a complimentary manner?

Asking for a friend. (That friend is Lurker, actually)
He’s making a sad argument trying to relate it to Bert’s racism, when people use the word gay on the board. Hail loves straw man arguments.

Rich coming from the guy that said anyone wearing NRA or MAGA apparel is a bigot.

Can we please keep this thread going forever? It’s funny as hell and most of my favorite posters are in it.

That reminds me, where the hell is @UNCfaninky?

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Apples to oranges conversation that’s irrelevant to the topic, but no it isn’t okay. However, I’ve never condemned homosexuality nor gay/trans people.In fact quite the opposite, as I’ve stated several occasions that I’m fully in support of lgbtq rights in every sort or manner. Bert condemned Mexicans and literally said he didn’t want any in “his” state. Like I said, you’re reaching and in turn defending Bert. Lol. Do you though.

Why can’t you just answer the question?

Do you think it’s okay to use homosexual slurs in a derogatory manner?

It’s a simple yes or no. Getting worked up over a simple question is odd.

ADVERTISEMENT