ADVERTISEMENT

Lightning Rod Bert

There was a President thread in 2016-2017 where he went on a racist tirade against Mexicans. Even went as far as saying he was racist, and that he didn’t care, he just wanted Mexicans out of “his” state.
Is there a 'best' way to defend yourself when someone calls you a racist? I'd like to see that exchange again b/c I remember he got tired of the label being hurled at him and just went off. I dont remember it being as bad as some claim. Bert seems to be a solid dude that sometimes shakes his fists at the clouds.

You're still clinging to this, eh?
He asked a question, I answered it. I’ve never seen anything remotely close to it in almost a decade of posting. So yeah, I guess I’m “clinging” to his racist tirade. It was despicable, and showed how ignorant he truly is.

Last edited:
Is there a 'best' way to defend yourself when someone calls you a racist? I'd like to see that exchange again b/c I remember he got tired of the label being hurled at him and just went off. I dont remember it being as bad as some claim. Bert seems to be a solid dude that sometimes shakes his fists at the clouds.
He made his own bed that day. No one was hurling anything at him. I’d bring the thread back up if it were available. It’s conveniently not. He went on a giant rant about Latino people (specifically Mexicans) that was absurdly racist. I’ll call that shit out any time I see it. Could care less if it was 4 years or whatever ago. He showed his true personality that day, and it was disgusting.

Your interpretation of his comment completely removes his intent. Which is done purposely. You have copied and pasted it so many times and still can't see that he was being facetious.
You’ve gotta be kidding right? Absolute bs. He wasn’t joking, and you know that.

You can believe what you want. Makes no difference to me. Just a weird obsession.
Bro, you literally quoted me saying he was being facetious, which you have no proof of, so take your own advice champ. He said what he said. You can stick up for him if you want. Kinda weird but you do you.

Bro, you literally quoted me saying he was being facetious, which you have no proof of, so take your own advice champ. He said what he said. You can stick up for him if you want. Kinda weird but you do you.
Bro. He literally explained why he said what he said. I have no proof that he didn't mean it just like you have no proof that he wasn't being facetious. Your obsession over it is pretty juvenile. Take Elsa's advice and let it go.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Bro. He literally explained why he said what he said. I have no proof that he didn't mean it just like you have no proof that he wasn't being facetious. Your obsession over it is pretty juvenile. Take Elsa's advice and let it go.
Could care less about his faux explanation. He got called out and went into hiding. Not letting anything go, not placating his racism. I suggest you read over my posts if it bugs you so much. You clearly feel compelled to respond, which says a lot.

giphy.gif

Could care less about his faux explanation. He got called out and went into hiding. Not letting anything go, not placating his racism. I suggest you read over my posts if it bugs you so much. You clearly feel compelled to respond, which says a lot.
Lol. I am talking with you and that says a lot? What exactly does it say?

Btw, when you say you could care less, it means that you do care.

This is when I know you’re grasping at straws. It’s fine that you think Bert wasn’t being serious. He was, but it’s fine that you think he wasn’t.

This is when I know you’re grasping at straws. It’s fine that you think Bert wasn’t being serious. He was, but it’s fine that you think he wasn’t.
In your free time, please learn the correct usage of the terms, "couldn’t care less" and grasping at straws.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Yes, you quoted me in defense of Bert using the classic “obsession” farce. You drunk already?

I did use couldn’t care less in the wrong context, but grasping at straws was used correctly.

1--1 is better than 0-2. There's hope for you.
Do you honestly feel like Bert was not being racist in that post though? Honest question. I know (obsession blah blah) but in all honesty, do you think he was just joking around?

Do you honestly feel like Bert was not being racist in that post though? Honest question. I know (obsession blah blah) but in all honesty, do you think he was just joking around?
I think he said some things that could easily be taken as culturally insensitive. But i do not believe he was being serious when he said he was racist. Refer back to @toonces11 's observation. That's how I took it.

I think he said some things that could easily be taken as culturally insensitive. But i do not believe he was being serious when he said he was racist. Refer back to @toonces11 's observation. That's how I took it.
That’s understandable, but I took it as him being serious when he said he didn’t want Mexicans in his state and that he was racist. I don’t know anyone who would joke about something like that. The tone of his post seemed very irate as well.

Reactions: WojoRising
My 2 cents. The "I'm racist" part of his post was sarcasm. The problem is, this sentence followed the "I don't want Mexicans, I am an American" portion of his rant, which came off a little bad.
Yes, his "I'm racist" was a joke

But it was a tone deaf joke because the other comments he made didn't just come off a little bad, they were 100% bigoted statements about Mexicans.

Yes, his "I'm racist" was a joke

But it was a tone deaf joke because the other comments he made didn't just come off a little bad, they were 100% bigoted statements about Mexicans.
This to a T.

Last edited:
5 drug tests in. 5 failed drug tests. It's depressing seeing people waste second chance opportunities. One girl is looking at 5 years and all she had to do was stay clean for 12 months.

5 drug tests in. 5 failed drug tests. It's depressing seeing people waste second chance opportunities. One girl is looking at 5 years and all she had to do was stay clean for 12 months.
Do you guys do like a 10 panel?

Work man. Tuesdays are drug test days for my clients. It's random, but not so random. Sometimes we call them in two weeks a month, sometimes every week. Not sure why Tuesday though. It's people who have already pleaded guilty to their offenses but are put in a program that allows them to have their cases expunged from their records. Personally, nothing makes me happier than sending people's cases to a judge for expungement. I hate referring them back for sentencing.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan

Drug court?

Work man. Tuesdays are drug test days for my clients. It's random, but not so random. Sometimes we call them in two weeks a month, sometimes every week. Not sure why Tuesday though. It's people who have already pleaded guilty to their offenses but are put in a program that allows them to have their cases expunged from their records. Personally, nothing makes me happier than sending people's cases to a judge for expungement. I hate referring them back for sentencing.
Yeah, when they have a chance to have a case expunged just by staying clean and they can't do it, you know they're in deep.

12 months may as well be a lifetime for many addicts. Some of them can't stay clean for 12 hours.

Okay, I feel like I need to step in here.

So, it turns out, I have met and spent a day with Bert and a small portion of his family back in June. In fact, I still hang out with certain members of his family.

It hit me about a month ago that the guy I met, was in fact Bert from this board.

Bert is an awesome individual to hang out with and the 4 black families that were in my group that day, certainly didn't think he was racist.

Truth is, if you treat Bert with respect, he will put his arm around you and talk to you all day long and laugh louder than anyone.

So, this guy managed to talk politics, from the opposite side of the fence, for at least an hour, with one of the most opinionated democrats I have ever met and both people came away with great respect for each other, that's hard to do these days.

Bert fit right in with my group that day and the members of his family, that I still hang with, also fit right in with my group.

If any of you get the chance to meet Bert in person, you most likely will have a totally different opinion of him than you get by reading posts on here, he's a good dude, trust me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT