ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron to the Lakers.

Hood and Kyrie left cause the spotlight was too much. Kyrie said as much on Simmons pod not too long ago. Hood said it post playoffs this year. Must be too tough for em when K can’t protect em any longer. :D

Roy still calling around the NBA trying to get Joel and Theo on a roster? :D

Reactions: denniden
Roy still calling around the NBA trying to get Joel and Theo on a roster? :D
giphy.gif

Love hearing the news. Apparently Kobe was very excited as well. The Lakers aren’t back yet, but this is the best start you can get.
Yeah. I bet Kobe is just thrilled to be the 3rd or 4th best Laker ever now. I don’t believe for a second he wanted this.

Reactions: dtgold88 and tw3301
I’ll bet you are pretty happy today. It might take it up a notch or two. I think they are a ways away from renewing the rivalry in the NBA finals. That team in Oakland isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

Baby steps! I'm not expecting a title next season. We just need to get back to the playoffs and then see who we can get the following season.

Oh and tell Tatum: "No more dunking on LeBron!"

If the Lakers plan to add Leonard I highly doubt they'll be able to retain Ingram. He'll be on his way to SA along with more players/picks.

Magic loves Ingram. Raved about him all last summer when he got rid of D'Angelo Russell. But we'll see. Certainly not a bad situation for Ingram either way.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Am I the only one who thinks what the Spurs want for Kawhi is insane? I’ve read Ingram/Kuzma and two unprotected first round picks, and that’s the bottom price I’ve seen. Magic would have to be a dumbass to swing anything like that, no? Why not let Kawhi prove he’s healthy (in SA) and make a run at it next year? Maybe that’s already in the works, idk.

Yeah. I bet Kobe is just thrilled to be the 3rd or 4th best Laker ever now. I don’t believe for a second he wanted this.
Kobe is a Laker lifer and legend. His Laker legacy will far surpass LeBron few years in LA.

Am I the only one who thinks what the Spurs want for Kawhi is insane? I’ve read Ingram/Kuzma and two unprotected first round picks, and that’s the bottom price I’ve seen. Magic would have to be a dumbass to swing anything like that, no? Why not let Kawhi prove he’s healthy (in SA) and make a run at it next year? Maybe that’s already in the works, idk.
I’m with you in the first line of your post. Especially for someone who has not made it known he will be willing to negotiate with the team he is traded to. I’d Leonard would agree to an extension prior to being traded, then it’s a different story. The Thunder got fortunate with Paul George but that doesn’t happen often.

There's a rumor that Kawhi is planning to sit out this season if no deal is made. He wants to be a Laker that badly.

LeBron will never pass Kobe as a Laker. As far as careers go and rank all time, then yes, LeBron is better. Kobe’s career in LA will never be touched by LeBron
It seems like a century since Kobe was playing at full tilt, and people seem to have either forgotten or downgraded how good he truly was. He's right up their with anyone, and as an alltime Laker he's rivalled only by Magic (Kareem came to the Lakers later in his career).

Reactions: JimboBBN
It seems like a century since Kobe was playing at full tilt, and people seem to have either forgotten or downgraded how good he truly was. He's right up their with anyone, and as an alltime Laker he's rivalled only by Magic (Kareem came to the Lakers later in his career).
Agree about Magic. Kobe is the second greatest Laker of all time, LeBron will not even come close to that

Reactions: Silent Banjo
LeBron will never pass Kobe as a Laker. As far as careers go and rank all time, then yes, LeBron is better. Kobe’s career in LA will never be touched by LeBron
*best player to play w the Lakers.
But, I get your sentiment and agree.

Agree about Magic. Kobe is the second greatest Laker of all time, LeBron will not even come close to that
Whoa. Kareem played like 15 years for the Lakers. He won 5 titles for em and was an All-Star for every season he was there but one. I know you’re a bit of a youngun, but Google, bro. Kareem is so underrated.

Hell, I’d argue Kareem, Magic, then Kobe. Kareem is #1 imo.

Whoa. Kareem played like 15 years for the Lakers. He won 5 titles for em and was an All-Star for every season he was there but one. I know you’re a bit of a youngun, but Google, bro. Kareem is so underrated.

If Kareem had played his complete career with the Lakers, he'd be unquestionably in the mix and probably No. 1, but he did play elsewhere, where he a won a title and also went to another Finals.

If Kareem had played his complete career with the Lakers, he'd be unquestionably in the mix and probably No. 1, but he did play elsewhere, where he a won a title and also went to another Finals.
He definitely did. But, he played what 14-15 seasons w the Lakers, and Magic played 13. Kobe played 20, which is sick, but you guys had Magic then Kobe, so I’m only arguing for Kareem. Besides, wasn’t he Lew for the Bucks? ;)

Reactions: Silent Banjo
I’m with you in the first line of your post. Especially for someone who has not made it known he will be willing to negotiate with the team he is traded to. I’d Leonard would agree to an extension prior to being traded, then it’s a different story. The Thunder got fortunate with Paul George but that doesn’t happen often.
The extension piece is what I forgot about. Yes, if an extension is included, then sell the farm (so to speak), IF they’re positive Kawhi is healthy.

No problem with putting Kareem above Kobe, just my opinion Kobe is number two. I would honestly argue that Kareem is above Kobe all time, but as mentioned, Kobe put all 20 years in LA, Kareem played and won big elsewhere.

Reactions: denniden and 829305
I.GOT.MY.WISH

Lakers/Celtics rivalry renewed @denniden

Sorry @dtgold88
Thanks, Q, but all good for me. Hoped he'd stay of course, but basketball my 3rd favorite pro sport and comes behind OSU football as well.

add the fact the guy gave us a title I never thought I'd see and if he and his family prefer to live in LA, good luck to him.

Now it's time to hear fans and really everyone rip Dan Gilbert. Ignoring, of course, he and the FO pretty much did exactly what Miami and the Great Pat Riley did - cleared space to acquire him, won a title, then lost him.

Yes, Miami won 2, but I'm not sure it's rational to blame the owner for love and Kyrie getting hurt in 2015 (never mind Durant joining them instead of trying to beat them).

Truth be told, I wish Gilbert owned the Indians.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Just peeped his insta. Looks like Lakers got them LeBron, Leonard should follow.
Maybe...but guessing they thought PG was coming, so who knows? Can't see SA helping them.

He definitely did. But, he played what 14-15 seasons w the Lakers, and Magic played 13. Kobe played 20, which is sick, but you guys had Magic then Kobe, so I’m only arguing for Kareem. Besides, wasn’t he Lew for the Bucks? ;)
Without delving into the technical qualifications of what's entailed in being the Official Mr. Laker, I think we can agree that Kurt Rambis doesn't make the final cut.

Also, did you know that Kent Benson outscored Kareem in his NBA debut? He had scored a basket in the opening minute and then inadvertently elbowed Kareem in the solar plexus. After recovering, Kareem went ballistic and coldcocked Benson. Benson left the game woozy and Kareem was ejected.

Benson 2 Kareem 0

Thanks, Q, but all good for me. Hoped he'd stay of course, but basketball my 3rd favorite pro sport and comes behind OSU football as well.

add the fact the guy gave us a title I never thought I'd see and if he and his family prefer to live in LA, good luck to him.

Now it's time to hear fans and really everyone rip Dan Gilbert. Ignoring, of course, he and the FO pretty much did exactly what Miami and the Great Pat Riley did - cleared space to acquire him, won a title, then lost him.

Yes, Miami won 2, but I'm not sure it's rational to blame the owner for love and Kyrie getting hurt in 2015 (never mind Durant joining them instead of trying to beat them).

Truth be told, I wish Gilbert owned the Indians.
NFL kicks off in just about two months, my friend. Can’t wait to talk Browns v. Panthers with you

Reactions: dtgold88
ADVERTISEMENT