ADVERTISEMENT

KU vs Baylor

I could understand the first half of his answer. The 2nd half of what he said was word salad galore.
I think he was directing a lot of that towards people who have said he was too big and slow. Sounded like he was talking about his footwork, weight training and work ethic in the gym to overcome that and how it’s paying off.

I think he was directing a lot of that towards people who have said he was too big and slow. Sounded like he was talking about his footwork, weight training and work ethic in the gym to overcome that and how it’s paying off.

Rightfully so too. Saying Dok has come a long way would be the understatement of a lifetime. It's a complete transformation from a baby deer learning how to walk to a guy who is one of the best big men in the country. Dok has worked his ass of to become what we're seeing now.

Dok is 20. There isn’t much of a market for his type of game in today’s nba, but he is a collegiate monster. Feed the beast Kansas

there isn’t a 5 that can handle him 1v 1

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Dok looks really good physically, really trim compared to past years.

Big indicator of his improvement is I've noticed they'll occasionally be fine with him switching onto guards in pick and roll situations. That would have been crazy even just last season

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Drew didn't seem very pleased to realize that he's still Bill's bitch.

Hudy who?

Reactions: cooljeff
Can't believe Kansas didn't foul there. Risky, but it paid off. Baylor got a good look too.
You thought he had a good look? He had Dotson right in his face.

I was nervous though. Baylor is shooting like 80% from 3 in late/close game situations. It seems they can miss a ton during the course of a game, but put them in tough situations and suddenly their shots start falling.

I was nervous though. Baylor is shooting like 80% from 3 in late/close game situations. It seems they can miss a ton during the course of a game, but put them in tough situations and suddenly their shots start falling.

Yeah, if we’re going to call that a good look, then about 90% of attempts are good looks.

Kansas is a very dangerous team. I know they take a lot of shit for maybe coming up short in the post season at times, given their stature as a powerhouse program.

But given all the noise they've been playing through this year they may make a giant run to maybe even the title. They don't figure to get fazed by any situations that might get thrown at them. They just look really solid and the big man is a steady force.

Another thing working for KU is experience, Azubuike a SR, Garrett a JR I think? It feels like the last few years KU has always had a OAD great talent, but maybe there's been a mild distraction that comes with that in March. KU fans probably can tell me if I'm off the mark with that hypothesis.

Another thing working for KU is experience, Azubuike a SR, Garrett a JR I think? It feels like the last few years KU has always had a OAD great talent, but maybe there's been a mild distraction that comes with that in March. KU fans probably can tell me if I'm off the mark with that hypothesis.

Not sure I'd say that. Twice in the last five years, they ran into a red-hot Nova team. Last year they just didn't have the talent/experience after losing Azubuike and Vick. The year they went down to Oregon in KC was a big disappointment, but again, that season probably would have ended differently if they'd had Azubuike. They had zero post presence that year.

I hadn’t realized Kansas finally gave up on playing McCormick and dok at the same time. They are def gonna be a tough out in the NCAAT. Playing 4 out gives dok so much more room to work in space, with the shooters spreading the floor.

Reactions: Arkansas Hawk
Timing and luck always a factor. I'm sure as fans we can look @ a title team of our own and say, I think another team we had that didn't even make a FF might have been better than our title team. Of course every year the overall landscape going to be different.

Kansas is a very dangerous team. I know they take a lot of shit for maybe coming up short in the post season at times, given their stature as a powerhouse program.

But given all the noise they've been playing through this year they may make a giant run to maybe even the title. They don't figure to get fazed by any situations that might get thrown at them. They just look really solid and the big man is a steady force.

Regarding KU’s tourney success, they haven’t really been upset or had a flop for a while. And nobody has made the final four more than KU since the year 2000. If KU makes the FF this year, they will have made more trips than any other program.

KU hasn’t been getting knocked out early since they went to the four guard lineup several years back. Playing two big guys is great for winning a lot of regular season games, but it’s a poor strategy for winning in the tourney where teams clog up the middle and refs swallow their whistles.

Timing and luck always a factor. I'm sure as fans we can look @ a title team of our own and say, I think another team we had that didn't even make a FF might have been better than our title team. Of course every year the overall landscape going to be different.
KU literally won the title with perhaps their worst team over the last 32 years. Basketball is a weird game.

Still a good look. Guys hit contested shots all the time. Was right on line, just short. The odds of him hitting that shot are much greater than making a free throw, intentionally missing the 2nd, getting an offensive board, and making another basket.

Great win for Kansas. Azu with a near 20-20 performance was one of the best performances of the year. Both are still a one seed but I think Kansas should jump to #1 in the AP after this.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
I hadn’t realized Kansas finally gave up on playing McCormick and dok at the same time. They are def gonna be a tough out in the NCAAT. Playing 4 out gives dok so much more room to work in space, with the shooters spreading the floor.
Yeah I like the fact that we have 10 fouls to give at the 5 position.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Regarding KU’s tourney success, they haven’t really been upset or had a flop for a while. And nobody has made the final four more than KU since the year 2000. If KU makes the FF this year, they will have made more trips than any other program.

KU hasn’t been getting knocked out early since they went to the four guard lineup several years back. Playing two big guys is great for winning a lot of regular season games, but it’s a poor strategy for winning in the tourney where teams clog up the middle and refs swallow their whistles.

Yeah for some reason that 2nd Rd loss to Stanford w/ Wiggins just kinda stayed in my memory bank. I know the 2nd Rd loss to Wich St w/ Oubre was a tough draw. Maybe losses stand out more than the actual wins unfairly. Amurrrrrica!

Yeah for some reason that 2nd Rd loss to Stanford w/ Wiggins just kinda stayed in my memory bank. I know the 2nd Rd loss to Wich St w/ Oubre was a tough draw. Maybe losses stand out more than the actual wins unfairly. Amurrrrrica!

There have been plenty of disappointments, but my point about Self has always been that some of the losses were unfairly judged due to expectations that he created. He’s had several teams that were expected to be solid, but not elite, which earned 1 seeds and then lost in the elite 8 to teams with equal or better talent. That shouldn’t be considered failure. Just as I don’t think we should pat Izzo on the back too hard when he falls on his face all year with a preseason top 5 team before making a final four run.

Granted, Bradley and Bucknell were inexcusable. And the team that lost to Northern Iowa had no business going down that early.

The Stanford team was actually pretty talented, and KU was a shell of itself when Embiid went down. Still should have won that game. Wiggins was a no-show.

Wichita St was just the better team at that point in that season. Underseeded due to conference, and KU had multiple players out or injured.

KU needs another Wichita St. matchup. Pissed that they still have scoreboard.

There have been plenty of disappointments, but my point about Self has always been that some of the losses were unfairly judged due to expectations that he created. He’s had several teams that were expected to be solid, but not elite, which earned 1 seeds and then lost in the elite 8 to teams with equal or better talent. That shouldn’t be considered failure. Just as I don’t think we should pat Izzo on the back too hard when he falls on his face all year with a preseason top 5 team before making a final four run.

Ganted, Bradley and Bucknell were inexcusable. And the team that lost to Northern Iowa had no business going down that early.

The Stanford team was actually pretty talented, and KU was a shell of itself when Embiid went down. Still should have won that game. Wiggins was a no-show.

Wichita St was just the better team at that point in that season. Underseeded due to conference, and KU had multiple players out or injured.

KU needs another Wichita St. matchup. Pissed that they still have scoreboard.

He's a great coach I mean you'll get no argument from me. I've always felt the board was critical of him and KU a little unfairly but my memory sucks maybe the board hasn't talked about him much. Maybe things I've read have been more during silly pissing contests anyway. Lots of drugs have been pumped through me over the years.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
ADVERTISEMENT