ADVERTISEMENT

KU vs Baylor

curf

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2003
Haven’t seen much chatter about the game. Huge national game, but results won’t affect either team much except for Big 12 title. I’m heading to the game tomorrow. Any one else going? Predictions?

I’ve got KU by 8.

Like you said, both teams are 1 seeds either way.

Give me Baylor for the sweep.

Won’t be surprised by anything that happens, shy of a 30 point blowout either way.

But I expect KU to play with a fire that they didn’t have in the first meeting. Dotson says he’s near 100% now and looked it last game. Law of averages says that Baylor won’t be as hot from three this time. I think that’ll be the difference.

KU 61, Baylor 57

Reactions: cwobrien11
It saddens me people devalue conference titles to such an extent. It means a lot to the coaches and players who have to play 18+ games in the same conference. Kansas wants to be regular season conference champions again after missing out for the first time last year since 2003-2004. Baylor absolutely wants their first Big XII regular season title in school history.

This game is huge. I just want a competitive game with no injuries as I have no vested interest.

Baylor is going to blow KU out, this one won't be close imo. They've been waiting for a chance to have a statement game and this is it as long as Teague plays.

Nobody valued conference titles more than KU fans, coaches, and players during the streak. Once we passed UCLA and it ended, it has become far less important. I believe some years it actually hurt us in the tournament due to all of the focus and energy required to win the league. I agree I just want to see a competitive game with no injuries.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Haven’t been this excited for a regular season big 12 game in a long time. This is legit! Fired up for it

Looking forward to seeing what we get from our squad. Will go a long ways to telling me the type of team we are

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Kansas has lost 3 games this season, all of them to top 12 teams. In theory, that means they were good losses. On the other hand, it means we have to prove we can beat a top team. Two of the losses were by a combined 3 points, but the third came in AFH where Baylor controlled the whole game. Pretty sure it was the first win for Baylor at our place ever and is probably the most impressive win by any team this season. It will say a lot about this Kansas team if we can go on the road and beat the #1 team.

*Key to the game: Dotson sharing the ball and making plays for his teammates. If he focuses on doing this early on it will open up his own opportunities later.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Nobody valued conference titles more than KU fans, coaches, and players during the streak. Once we passed UCLA and it ended, it has become far less important. I believe some years it actually hurt us in the tournament due to all of the focus and energy required to win the league. I agree I just want to see a competitive game with no injuries.

People always say this, yet the reality is closer to the opposite. KU fans were proud of setting a record streak, but each individual league title meant less and less. I can’t think of a program (other than Gonzaga) that would be less excited to win their league.

Haven’t seen much chatter about the game. Huge national game, but results won’t affect either team much except for Big 12 title. I’m heading to the game tomorrow. Any one else going? Predictions?

I’ve got KU by 8.

No chatter because most of us have forgotten the Big12 existed this season since none of their big games have been televised until today.

Time to take Baylor out back and hit em with a stool. ROCK CHALK BABY.

Kansas hasn’t lost since changing to 4 guard lineup. They also haven’t lost when healthy. They are healthy today.

With that being said....I think Baylor wins due to being at home. Neutral court both teams at full strength I’d pick KU.

Looks like Baylor is trying to manufacture the AFH atmosphere.

Jayhawks will have to absorb the initial blow of Baylor’s energy.

Like what I see so far. But this is gonna be a 40 minute battle.

I thought the whistle blew well before the shot was released. Kinda surprised the basket was counted.

High level basketball being played. Really believe these are the top 2 teams in the field.

ND fan here - Haven’t watched Baylor play that much this year but doesn’t seem they have much of a strong interior presence. If I were KU I would attack with Azubuike over and over again.

Reactions: Turinturumbar
Haven’t watch Baylor play that much this year but doesn’t seem they have much of a strong interior presence. If I were KU I would attack with Azubuike over and over again.
True, but history tells us they will steal about 40% of those entry passes..

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Haven’t watch Baylor play that much this year but doesn’t seem they have much of an interior presence. If I were KU I would attack with Azubuike over and over again.
Their interior is as solid as it gets. Good defensively and great rebounders. Nobody in the country can guard dok one v one. Gotta double effectively bc he is a mediocre passer at best.

ADVERTISEMENT