ADVERTISEMENT

Ku fans regarding Billy Preston

Well, to be fair, I never said anything about UK. Kentucky certainly isn’t a cesspool. Nothing but respect for your tradition, championships, and blue blood status. #1 in all time win totals is awesome, and to be commended.

Rupp Rafters on the other hand......
giphy.gif
It is like 99% of all forums. There are plenty of good people over there that know basketball and there are complete dumbasses.

Actually, I would be disgusted if last years roles were reversed. I would find it very hard to root for players hitting women but whatever. Self suspended Vick for what, 2 games for kicking a woman in the face, and that wasn't even the reason he gave the public.

Taking money is one thing. Even though it is a dumb move for a kid about to make millions to do so, I can sympathize with some of these kids who have never had anything. Preston however looked like he stepped right out of a GQ magazine at the Champions Classic and Bowen was wearing a GD Burberry shirt on national TV yesterday denying knowing anything about the $100K he is accused of receiving.

If wearing his pants around his ankles and constantly having to pull them up is looking like he stepped out of GQ (or any other fashion magazine) I am way out of the times. Quite frankly I was embarrassed by his pants and commented several times.

Long time lurker, I occasionally...

Multiple threads about UK on the front page, how many of your single digit comments are in those threads?

I love the guys who aren't in the know, have no more info than any other fan (much less, any fan in or around LfK), but feel as though they've got the dl.

Word to future trolls, just hit up a few threads here and there, that way you have some cushion to absorb your I'm Not a Troll tears.

Reactions: npreston
Why is everyone surprised re: Billy Preston? This is a kid who transferred twice his Freshman year to rival HS's, then again his Sophomore year to Redondo Union HS, ended up at Prime Prep Academy in Texas after a few games at Redondo Union (LOL), then API for his Junior year and finally Oak Hill his Senior year. His handler (Mother) has been taking $$$ and asking for handouts for a quite sometime.

Why is everyone surprised re: Billy Preston? This is a kid who transferred twice his Freshman year to rival HS's, then again his Sophomore year to Redondo Union HS, ended up at Prime Prep Academy in Texas after a few games at Redondo Union (LOL), then API for his Junior year and finally Oak Hill his Senior year. His handler (Mother) has been taking $$$ and asking for handouts for a quite sometime.

Careful, even if your post is on topic in this thread, if your message is not what the natives want to hear then you will be labeled a troll...

Careful, even if your post is on topic in this thread, if your message is not what the natives want to hear then you will be labeled a troll...

Nah, it just gets tiresome hearing accusations from fans of one of the shadiest programs in bball history. People who were making posts like yours about Cal up to the day he was hired by your AD. Do you guys look away every time you pass a mirror? :D

Nah, it just gets tiresome hearing accusations from fans of one of the shadiest programs in bball history. People who were making posts like yours about Cal up to the day he was hired by your AD. Do you guys look away every time you pass a mirror? :D

Are you a fan of KU?

Srsly phlock ...what is going on with BP?

Mom has taken to twitter to defend her baby/meal ticket

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article192696019.html

I love that she's talking, especially if he's not cleared and she spills all over twitter. God know the KC Star isn't digging. If they've got info about what happened, which I assume they do, they're not printing it. And if he is cleared will the we know the details of the allegations that the NCAA was investigating?

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article192696019.html

I love that she's talking, especially if he's not cleared and she spills all over twitter. God know the KC Star isn't digging. If they've got info about what happened, which I assume they do, they're not printing it. And if he is cleared will the we know the details of the allegations that the NCAA was investigating?

Yawn. He’s violated some NCAA policy and he’s paying the price. If he’s cleared, good for him. If he’s not, no one to blame but himself.

I recall Vick’s Mom protecting him last year then we find out he physically assaulted a female. Pardon me if I’m not taking mamma Preston’s word as gold.

Why would the KC Star not print details they know about when they’re notoriously known for printing any and every rumor about anything ever?

Actually, I would be disgusted if last years roles were reversed. I would find it very hard to root for players hitting women but whatever. Self suspended Vick for what, 2 games for kicking a woman in the face, and that wasn't even the reason he gave the public.

Taking money is one thing. Even though it is a dumb move for a kid about to make millions to do so, I can sympathize with some of these kids who have never had anything. Preston however looked like he stepped right out of a GQ magazine at the Champions Classic and Bowen was wearing a GD Burberry shirt on national TV yesterday denying knowing anything about the $100K he is accused of receiving.

I mean, you can get a Burberry shirt on Ebay for less than a hundred. They are all pretty ugly shirts anyway but for someone that will one day have a lot of money (or thinks he will) it is probably something someone could manage if they didn't have a 100 grand laying around. I have no idea whether he took any money or not but wearing a shirt is a pretty terrible way to judge that sort of thing.

Yawn. He’s violated some NCAA policy and he’s paying the price. If he’s cleared, good for him. If he’s not, no one to blame but himself.

I recall Vick’s Mom protecting him last year then we find out he physically assaulted a female. Pardon me if I’m not taking mamma Preston’s word as gold.

Okay then there's the setup : If mom throws the program under the bus it's because she's a known liar

And... there's no one to blame but him, he's a lone actor ... assuming he acquired the car all by himself with no help from boosters or handlers

smh

Oh and Billy beats women, which I hadn't heard

Okay then there's the setup : If mom throws the program under the bus it's because she's a known liar

And... there's no one to blame but him, he's a lone actor ... assuming he acquired the car all by himself with no help from boosters or handlers

smh

Oh and Billy beats women, which I hadn't heard

All I’m saying is he violated some kind of rule. That much we can all agree on. Parents are going to defend their kids no matter what, which is why I used Vicks Mom as an example.

I didn’t jump to any conclusions at all in my post. But carry on.

Be very careful about what you think you know about the Vick situation or the alleged statutory situation at the dorm. Which was dismissed last week incidentally.
Don't worry. We'll be verrrrryyyy careful. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Catilac
oh, Vick's beating of a woman last year, not Preston ...got it

And there's no real jumping to conclusions when a player receives an impermissible benefit, he had to get it from someone.

I still have a hard time believing this is about a car. If it were truly just a Dodge Charger, then I think he would be back by now. I'm not saying I know what the hell he did, because nobody does. However, Cliff Alexander supposedly took money in the form of a loan based on future earnings and was back playing by this time wasn't he? I have to believe that this is bigger than just what is out there from KU.

I still have a hard time believing this is about a car. If it were truly just a Dodge Charger, then I think he would be back by now. I'm not saying I know what the hell he did, because nobody does. However, Cliff Alexander supposedly took money in the form of a loan based on future earnings and was back playing by this time wasn't he? I have to believe that this is bigger than just what is out there from KU.
Alexander didn’t play another game for Kansas after the loan he took out became known.

oh, Vick's beating of a woman last year, not Preston ...got it

And there's no real jumping to conclusions when a player receives an impermissible benefit, he had to get it from someone.

Yes. It came from somewhere, but Preston took the offer. He could have just as easily said no and there never would have been an issue. Preston knew better and still took the risk. The responsibility is his.

I mean, you can get a Burberry shirt on Ebay for less than a hundred. They are all pretty ugly shirts anyway but for someone that will one day have a lot of money (or thinks he will) it is probably something someone could manage if they didn't have a 100 grand laying around. I have no idea whether he took any money or not but wearing a shirt is a pretty terrible way to judge that sort of thing.

Bowen also drove around in a brand new, tricked out Jeep Wrangler and his parents were staying in The Galt House in Louisville. This is from the Louisville Newspaper, "The Galt House offers extended-stay, suite apartments believed to be in the general price range of $2,500 to $4,000 per month."

As to not knowing if he took money or not, I think it is obvious. The FBI literally has Adidas on tape giving the money to an undercover agent to funnel it to his family.

The Galt House is awesome. I stayed there for a few nights some years back.

Yes. It came from somewhere, but Preston took the offer. He could have just as easily said no and there never would have been an issue. Preston knew better and still took the risk. The responsibility is his.

Sure, if the phlock chooses to believes that this is some sort of one-off, random, never seen before event in Lawrence. But come on, we all know better than that.

This will come down to how far the NCAA digs and what they find out, not if players were handed extra benefits or not. because they are

At the top end of the college basketball recruiting hierarchy players can demand and do receive compensation for their services well beyond the scholarship and stipend.

a few JoCo soccer moms and true believers think ku is clean, but nobody else does.

Sure, if the phlock chooses to believes that this is some sort of one-off, random, never seen before event in Lawrence. But come on, we all know better than that.

This will come down to how far the NCAA digs and what they find out, not if players were handed extra benefits or not. because they are

At the top end of the college basketball recruiting hierarchy players can demand and do receive compensation for their services well beyond the scholarship and stipend.

a few JoCo soccer moms and true believers think ku is clean, but nobody else does.

We are on the same page man. Every top university in their respective sport lives outside the grey. No one will try to argue that, and if they do they are pretty ignorant.

Boosters all over give athletes things, but the athlete has the choice to accept or not knowing the consequences. Preston gambled, wrecked a junk dodge and now pays the price. That’s all I’m saying.

Sit. Down.

We are on the same page man. Every top university in their respective sport lives outside the grey. No one will try to argue that, and if they do they are pretty ignorant.

Boosters all over give athletes things, but the athlete has the choice to accept or not knowing the consequences. Preston gambled, wrecked a junk dodge and now pays the price. That’s all I’m saying.

BP is at ku in part because ku knows how the game is played and are fully capable and experienced at providing these extra benefits.

to then blame him for taking them when the system is set up to provide him with these benefits is disingenuous at best.

Pretty sure they weeded those types out in the late 80s..

You think there's one JoCoHo soccer mom who doesn't "know" that money and gifts make this world go round.

All the top programs are "dirty", yaaaaawn.

This season is all on Self. Still in recovery mode from '15 recruiting... zfg about Billy in regard to his bag of feels. He'll be gone in ~12 weeks, wonder how many him or his mama will hand over to the University of Kansas then.

You think there's one JoCoHo soccer mom who doesn't "know" that money and gifts make this world go round.

that's a solid take, but we both know she thinks her brat kids sh!t diamonds and fairy dust.

Saying that with the amount on time he has not played and the lack of any information provided by KU I think it has to be something more than just a Dodge Charger is a hot take and trolling? You wouldn't think the same thing if it was UK, UNC, DUKE, etc.?

It isn't like anyone is saying he got paid 100K or something...I just think that if it were as simple as looking in to the financials of a car he would be playing by now. Seems like most KU fans agree with that.

On this page alone someone assumes there is a system of paying players at Kansas. I mean just scroll up. Clearly we all think something is wrong about Billy's situation and aren't trying to play it off. What KU fans want is information. I'm saying lmao on people making crap up to fill in the gaps.

Alexander never played another minute for KU once he was benched for the investigation. As for the loan, it was Cliff's mom who took out the loan and not Cliff himself.

From what I understand he didn't even know she did it. She sacrificed his college career for her own selfish gain.

The KC Star would print what they had if they had it. They are certainly no friend of the KU men's basketball team. Their "coverage" of the Josh Jackson and Carlton Bragg situations last year was absurdly one sided and irresponsible.

Alexander didn’t play another game for Kansas after the loan he took out became known.
Why are so many Kansas recruits in trouble with the NCAA? Looks like Bill Self is recruiting some shady characters. And of course he has the Lawson brothers coming in next year. One Lawson brother was on utube giving Tubby Smith the middle finger and cursing him.First class citizens Kansas is recruiting.

Why are so many Kansas recruits in trouble with the NCAA? Looks like Bill Self is recruiting some shady characters. And of course he has the Lawson brothers coming in next year. One Lawson brother was on utube giving Tubby Smith the middle finger and cursing him.First class citizens Kansas is recruiting.
I don’t care. I just want them to play.

I think its bc they are good at the basketballz thing.

ADVERTISEMENT