ADVERTISEMENT

Ku fans regarding Billy Preston

Lawrence is a company town, and the Company is ku basketball. It's the goose that lays the golden eggs . You don'f f with it

LPD knows it , as do the campus cops, the Douglas co judicial system, the LJ World and the KC Star....

I heard recently that Preston was driving booster Doug Compton's Range Rover when he wrecked. Had been driving it for weeks, and that ku will claim that Preston and the boosters daughter are dating that that she loaned him the car.

ku has had 50 plus years to perfect their craft at this kind of thing, going back to Chamberlain, if something happens here I'll be stunned
You waited almost 16 years to the day, to make this post. That’s some serious patience.

As far as lurkers go, you’re right up there. Posting anything close to the thruth, not so much.

So he IS gay... I thought so

I guess the phlock is going w Bill's first explanation :" Billy's mom is in town, and he wants to spend some quality time w her so he will miss a game or 2" nk, he really said this

and if that's not it, why is he setting ?

I guess the phlock is going w Bill's first explanation :" Billy's mom is in town, and he wants to spend some quality time w her so he will miss a game or 2" nk, he really said this

and if that's not it, why is he setting ?
Like in volleyball? Are you posting with your elbows by chance?

AngelicFamousKingbird-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Charger?

Sure, I heard that early on.

We all also heard that "his mom is in town, so he's going to miss some time" from Self. So lets be real, I think we can all agree that there's some serious bullsh!t being thrown out by ku on this....whatever it is

Reactions: SloppyHopkins
Lawrence is a company town, and the Company is ku basketball. It's the goose that lays the golden eggs . You don'f f with it

LPD knows it , as do the campus cops, the Douglas co judicial system, the LJ World and the KC Star....

I heard recently that Preston was driving booster Doug Compton's Range Rover when he wrecked. Had been driving it for weeks, and that ku will claim that Preston and the boosters daughter are dating that that she loaned him the car.

ku has had 50 plus years to perfect their craft at this kind of thing, going back to Chamberlain, if something happens here I'll be stunned

God damn right

God damn right

well sure, unless you've got a 16 year old daughter that somehow ends up in the BB dorms at McCarthy or a daughter on the womens team who car gets bashed in by a player and you want some sort of justice ...

and that's just LAST year

well sure, unless you've got a 16 year old daughter that somehow ends up in the BB dorms at McCarthy or a daughter on the womens team who car gets bashed in by a player and you want some sort of justice ...

Dude......grab a maxi pad and go sit in the back.

Reactions: RipThru

Sounds like the police are missing out on your services

I heard recently that Preston was driving booster Doug Compton's Range Rover when he wrecked. Had been driving it for weeks, and that ku will claim that Preston and the boosters daughter are dating and that that she loaned him the car.

Something has happened. He has been out a dozen games. And there still is no word. 12 games for driving a girlfriends car. The crime is how long this whole thing has taken. KU to NCAA-"Scholarship player driving his girlfriends car. What the penaly?" NCAA-"He sits out x amount of games". That's seems fairly simple to a sane person-which means THE NCAA IS NOT A WELL INSTITUTION

Something has happened. He has been out a dozen games. And there still is no word. 12 games for driving a girlfriends car. The crime is how long this whole thing has taken. KU to NCAA-"Scholarship player driving his girlfriends car. What the penaly?" NCAA-"He sits out x amount of games". That's seems fairly simple to a sane person-which means THE NCAA IS NOT A WELL INSTITUTION

YES, that's it, the NCAA is out to get ku , of course, what else could it be??

homer-simpson-delusional.png

We all also heard that "his mom is in town, so he's going to miss some time" from Self. So lets be real, I think we can all agree that there's some serious bullsh!t being thrown out by ku on this....whatever it is
QPHrgAI.gif

I have faith KU will slither out of this jam just like UNCheat did with their cheating..... then KU fans can go back to pretending that all these incidents are just horrible coincidences and KU is the home of angels..

Lmao did self really say he was sitting out because his mom was in town?
Yep, he didn't travel with the team because mommy was in town. He sat out the first game because of missing class/rules violations, then the car, then mommy...

I am not some tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist, but I have a very hard time believing this is about a late model charger. With everything that has gone down this year with the FBI and such, I have to think this is something much bigger.

But what can you say? It seems like these incidents are a yearly thing at KU and nothing much comes of it but some missed games, no matter whose daughter is in the dorms or getting kicked in the face.

“I don't think that I've ever had a situation where I've dealt with this like I have since we've been here,” Self said. “And it has nothing to do with Kansas. It has everything to do with the system."

Billy practiced with us Friday morning,” the statement from Self began. “And after practice I learned that his mother was coming to (Lawrence) and would have little opportunity to spend time with Billy due to the Miami trip. I recommended Billy stay back so he and his mom could have some time together considering they have not seen each other in person in a while. Billy will be at our next practice and will be with the team when we go to Kansas City next week. Billy not making the trip has nothing to do with anything other than being able to spend some time with his mother.”

Meanwhile, the sycophantic 9 year olds at the LJWorld and the KC Star lick it up like lap dogs.

Bill must think he is talking to first graders if he thinks people believe that a basketball player at Kansas missed a game because his mom was in town

I have faith KU will slither out of this jam just like UNCheat did with their cheating..... then KU fans can go back to pretending that all these incidents are just horrible coincidences and KU is the home of angels..
I’m totally ok with that.

Bill must think he is talking to first graders if he thinks people believe that a basketball player at Kansas missed a game because his mom was in town
Technically he just didn't travel with the team due to his mom being in town. He didn't play because of the "car."

Yeah, I would not be okay if the same thing year in and year out happened at Kentucky.
I don't remember anyone asking....but I'm sure everyone here is ethically proud of you.

But you’d still cheer for them, right?
Actually, I would be disgusted if last years roles were reversed. I would find it very hard to root for players hitting women but whatever. Self suspended Vick for what, 2 games for kicking a woman in the face, and that wasn't even the reason he gave the public.

Taking money is one thing. Even though it is a dumb move for a kid about to make millions to do so, I can sympathize with some of these kids who have never had anything. Preston however looked like he stepped right out of a GQ magazine at the Champions Classic and Bowen was wearing a GD Burberry shirt on national TV yesterday denying knowing anything about the $100K he is accused of receiving.

Actually, I would be disgusted if last years roles were reversed. I would find it very hard to root for players hitting women but whatever. Self suspended Vick for what, 2 games for kicking a woman in the face, and that wasn't even the reason he gave the public.

Taking money is one thing. Even though it is a dumb move for a kid about to make millions to do so, I can sympathize with some of these kids who have never had anything. Preston however looked like he stepped right out of a GQ magazine at the Champions Classic and Bowen was wearing a GD Burberry shirt on national TV yesterday denying knowing anything about the $100K he is accused of receiving.
Not a fan of abuse either but there’s nothing I can do about it. I’m still gonna cheer for KU to win though.

Who’s Bowen?

Be very careful about what you think you know about the Vick situation or the alleged statutory situation at the dorm. Which was dismissed last week incidentally.

Be very careful about what you think you know about the Vick situation or the alleged statutory situation at the dorm. Which was dismissed last week incidentally.
Did something happen in the Vick situation other than the reports that he repeatedly hit and kicked a woman in the face that you would like to share? What exactly do I need to be careful about?

Yes, the DA decided there wasn't enough evidence to press charges in the rape case. Hopefully the young lady are her parents are as happy with the outcome as KU, the KU basketball team, and its fans.

Did something happen in the Vick situation other than the reports that he repeatedly hit and kicked a woman in the face that you would like to share? What exactly do I need to be careful about?

Yes, the DA decided there wasn't enough evidence to press charges in the rape case. Hopefully the young lady are her parents are as happy with the outcome as KU, the KU basketball team, and its fans.
What factual reports are you referring to that say he repeatedly hit and kicked a woman in the face?

What factual reports are you referring to that say he repeatedly hit and kicked a woman in the face?
If you google "Lagerald Vick Suspended" every single article that pulls up whether it is from EPSN, CBS, or your buddies at the Star says he hit her numerous times and kicked her in the face. It isn't just one article. Do you not think that the university coming out and saying that he likely committed domestic violence and that they recommend he be placed on probation for 2 years is evidence enough? Are all of these articles and KU wrong? If so, I would love to know what happened there and a few other misunderstandings the last few years.

"Vick allegedly punched the woman in the arm "more than once" and also kicked her in the face. Vick was never changed with a crime, but the university found Vick likely committed domestic violence.

It was recommended that Vick be placed on school probation for two years. As the Star notes, it remains unclear if head coach Bill Self followed through with the punishment."

https://www.sbnation.com/college-ba...as-basketball-lagerald-vick-domestic-violence

If you google "Lagerald Vick Suspended" every single article that pulls up whether it is from EPSN, CBS, or your buddies at the Star says he hit her numerous times and kicked her in the face. It isn't just one article. Do you not think that the university coming out and saying that he likely committed domestic violence and that they recommend he be placed on probation for 2 years is evidence enough? Are all of these articles and KU wrong? If so, I would love to know what happened there and a few other misunderstandings the last few years.

"Vick allegedly punched the woman in the arm "more than once" and also kicked her in the face. Vick was never changed with a crime, but the university found Vick likely committed domestic violence.

It was recommended that Vick be placed on school probation for two years. As the Star notes, it remains unclear if head coach Bill Self followed through with the punishment."

https://www.sbnation.com/college-ba...as-basketball-lagerald-vick-domestic-violence
Hmmmm. Allegedly. I wonder if there was more to the story being that he didn’t get into trouble.

“I don't think that I've ever had a situation where I've dealt with this like I have since we've been here,” Self said. “And it has nothing to do with Kansas. It has everything to do with the system."

Billy practiced with us Friday morning,” the statement from Self began. “And after practice I learned that his mother was coming to (Lawrence) and would have little opportunity to spend time with Billy due to the Miami trip. I recommended Billy stay back so he and his mom could have some time together considering they have not seen each other in person in a while. Billy will be at our next practice and will be with the team when we go to Kansas City next week. Billy not making the trip has nothing to do with anything other than being able to spend some time with his mother.”

Meanwhile, the sycophantic 9 year olds at the LJWorld and the KC Star lick it up like lap dogs.

Yep, the KC Star sure behaved like lapdogs last year didn't they? LOL. You wouldn't even know half the rumors if not for their unprofessional and relentless attack.

Not to mention KU's own campus paper throwing them under the bus this year. Lapdogs, am I right?

Also, keep in mind that if everything in Lawrence were swept under the rug, no one would have ever known about the Preston situation. Logic. Try it sometime.

Hmmmm. Allegedly. I wonder if there was more to the story being that he didn’t get into trouble.

No, clearly Self just favored Vick over the likes of JR Giddens and CJ Giles, who were promptly dismissed for being involved in violent situations. Hell, based on the reports, I'm not sure Giddens even did anything wrong. He got attacked by some thugs. Pretty damn good player too. One that Self clearly would have wanted to keep on the roster.

Reactions: toonces11
LOL...much like my opinion of KU. Congrats.
Well, to be fair, I never said anything about UK. Kentucky certainly isn’t a cesspool. Nothing but respect for your tradition, championships, and blue blood status. #1 in all time win totals is awesome, and to be commended.

Rupp Rafters on the other hand......
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT