ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky....

Yes, because programs that have 9 different 30+ win seasons this century are generally afraid... or maybe it's because postseason games are played on a neutral court? Nah, that couldn't be it. Surely Coach K wouldn't want to simulate a tournament-type setting. Only an idiot would want to prepare for the NCAA Tournament by playing on a neutral floor.
Some programs have 13 30+ winning season, more wins than Dook & More championships than Dook & STILL play true road games.
Go find an NC State fan to argue with.

Some programs have 13 30+ winning season, more wins than Dook & More championships than Dook & STILL play true road games.

Duke players also went to class...

UNC has only had 7 30+ win seasons this century, btw. Nice try.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Holy shitballs, are we STILL going on about UNC playing at some cupcake team's home gyms in North Carolina?

Christ. Playing a crappy team on the road or at home makes no difference. It's a crappy team. What, is the idea that their wacky and crazy fans are going to make SO much noise when they are down by 30 points that it will make a difference?

You play basketball games. You win them, or you lose them. Then you go to the NCAA tournament. Those are all neutral games. Who cares beyond that?

Reactions: Quavarius
Holy shitballs, are we STILL going on about UNC playing at some cupcake team's home gyms in North Carolina?

Christ. Playing a crappy team on the road or at home makes no difference. It's a crappy team. What, is the idea that their wacky and crazy fans are going to make SO much noise when they are down by 30 points that it will make a difference?

You play basketball games. You win them, or you lose them. Then you go to the NCAA tournament. Those are all neutral games. Who cares beyond that?
A certain fan of a certain university takes something that his school does, no matter how small, sees that others are not doing it and blabs on about it until his gums hurt, because it's all he has to brag about.

Why are pre conference true road games so important to you? Is this the hill you're actually choosing to die on? Why?
What did UNC gain by playing at Wofford that Duke and UK lost out on?
Is it just something you feel the need to swell up about, like it's some huge accomplishment that the other schools are incapable of doing?
By March, all of these teams will have experienced their fair share of true road games.
It's not like playing at Wofford is more difficult than playing at Boston College or South Carolina.
What exactly is so awesome about playing a true road game at a mid major in November?

Reactions: Quavarius
Why are pre conference true road games so important to you? Is this the hill you're actually choosing to die on? Why?
What did UNC gain by playing at Wofford that Duke and UK lost out on?
Is it just something you feel the need to swell up about, like it's some huge accomplishment that the other schools are incapable of doing?
By March, all of these teams will have experienced their fair share of true road games.
It's not like playing at Wofford is more difficult than playing at Boston College or South Carolina.
What exactly is so awesome about playing a true road game at a mid major in November?
It started as a joke & rival fans ran with it. It’s not just Wofford & Elon.... UNC plays many p5 teams in their gym.
Michigan this year
Stanford & Tennessee last year.
I just miss the good old home & home in college basketball & I’m glad UNC still does it... nothing more, nothing less.

....how does that matter when you're also the leader in all time wins?
For the most part the sec is a football conference... for years & years the SEC was awful in basketball. UK racked up a lot of wins by being the only basketball school in the SEC back in the day.

How am I offended by something I know nothing about? Nobody has ever told me what they’re for.
When you look in any record book, you'll occasionally see a name with an asterisk next to it. It usually means a person/team/animal/whatever accomplished a feat or a certain goal, BUT, there is something that needs to he known about that achievement.
You know, like the longest ever drive (golf ball) was set at altitude where the air is thin.
Or a 100M sprint time (track) was wind aided.
Or a certain home run hitter (baseball) hit a record number of home runs in a single season, but allegedly, he was on performance enhancing supplements.

Can you figure it out from here, or do I need to get you all the way to the finish line?

It's obvious who cares, that one guy who keeps this 376 post thread going, that guyjumpingsmile

When you look in any record book, you'll occasionally see a name with an asterisk next to it. It usually means a person/team/animal/whatever accomplished a feat or a certain goal, BUT, there is something that needs to he known about that achievement.
You know, like the longest ever drive (golf ball) was set at altitude where the air is thin.
Or a 100M sprint time (track) was wind aided.
Or a certain home run hitter (baseball) hit a record number of home runs in a single season, but allegedly, he was on performance enhancing supplements.

Can you figure it out from here, or do I need to get you all the way to the finish line?
So why only UNC? There’s all kinds of teams you could put an asterisk besides their names.
There’s a few championships from the 50’s & 70’s whete teams won championships & were PROVEN to be cheating.
Why no other asterisks?

So why only UNC? There’s all kinds of teams you could put an asterisk besides their names.
There’s a few championships from the 50’s & 70’s whete teams won championships & were PROVEN to be cheating.
Why no other asterisks?
Like who? Were you alive back then? You know all the facts?

I don't know about you, but I wasn't alive back then, the sport was a pimple on an elephant's ass and information wasn't as easily obtained.

In today's game, it's a massive sport and 99% of the schools that tip toe the line get the hammer from the NCAA.

Heck, Cal and UK got slapped for celebrating a win total.

So, I'll ask again, why would I be putting asterisks next to UNC's name?

Like who? Were you alive back then? You know all the facts?

I don't know about you, but I wasn't alive back then, the sport was a pimple on an elephant's ass and information wasn't as easily obtained.

In today's game, it's a massive sport and 99% of the schools that tip toe the line get the hammer from the NCAA.

Heck, Cal and UK got slapped for celebrating a win total.

So, I'll ask again, why would I be putting asterisks next to UNC's name?
Not sure why you put asterisks next to UNC’s name.
I’ve looked on the ncaa website & they have no violations since the 50’s in basketball.
I thought maybe it was a typo on your part.

Not sure why you put asterisks next to UNC’s name.
I’ve looked on the ncaa website & they have no violations since the 50’s in basketball.
I thought maybe it was a typo on your part.
Looks like you majored in AFAM too. #oblivious

Just going off of this centuries stats has been surprising...especially my jayhawks squandering so many chances.

Titles-Title games since 2000
UNC- 3 of 4
UConn- 3 of 3
Duke- 3 of 3
Florida- 2 of 3
Nova- 2 of 2
Kansas- 1 of 3
MSU- 1 of 2
Kentucky- 1 of 2
Lville- 1 of 1
Cuse- 1 of 1
Maryland- 1 of 1

Just going off of this centuries stats has been surprising...especially my jayhawks squandering so many chances.

Titles-Title games since 2000
UNC- 3 of 4
UConn- 3 of 3
Duke- 3 of 3
Florida- 2 of 3
Nova- 2 of 2
Kansas- 1 of 3
MSU- 1 of 2
Kentucky- 1 of 2
Lville- 1 of 1
Cuse- 1 of 1
Maryland- 1 of 1
In....,3....2....1....

Yes....all-time. Timeframing is for chumps and U6 fans.
Very interesting. I honestly thought everyone would have more, but then I remembered they didn't play as many games. Is anybody else up there in 30 win seasons. Looks like KU-15, UK-15, Duke-14

ADVERTISEMENT