ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky/Indiana Series Officially Renewed

IU has never nor will ever NEED the UK game----thats just pure ignorance. Knight 100% was THE reason UK was not booted out of the Big 4. The powers to be were afraid they'd lose tons of $$$ since your "never do anything wrong, been mistreated forever UK'ers" were on probation. KNight told those of the Big 4 Classic, "If they pull the plug on UK, that IU would not participate----Those sire are the FACTS. Look, your not the oly one with connections, or know people----I do to.

Quit acting as if IU is the only team to ever rush the ****ing floor vs UK.....South Carolina did it, and then one of their fans tried to punch a UK player.....Why no disdain over that?

Here's the issue-----UK LOST THAT night, and it hurt ya'lls ****ing feelings. End of story. IU was totally classless b/c a bunch of ****ing college kids rushed the floor? **** that "get off my lawn" bullshit...You hated losing to IU, and 11 years later you;re still ****ing crying about it.

IU needed the UK game, under Knight? Why? KNight MADE IU a juggernaut-----he did that by winning 3 national titles, going unbeaten, winning 12 B10 titles, and over 700 games. If anyone needed a game then, it was UK-----Probation nearly broke that program, and if not for Pitino, you muther ****ers would be Morehead ****ing State.

Just quit with the bullshit.....
hell at the time IU was rushing the floor for almost every win. IU fans were surprised they won and celebrated it.

also you're basically morehead st

playing off the vibe

IU has never nor will ever NEED the UK game----thats just pure ignorance. Knight 100% was THE reason UK was not booted out of the Big 4. The powers to be were afraid they'd lose tons of $$$ since your "never do anything wrong, been mistreated forever UK'ers" were on probation. KNight told those of the Big 4 Classic, "If they pull the plug on UK, that IU would not participate----Those sire are the FACTS. Look, your not the oly one with connections, or know people----I do to.

Quit acting as if IU is the only team to ever rush the ****ing floor vs UK.....South Carolina did it, and then one of their fans tried to punch a UK player.....Why no disdain over that?

Here's the issue-----UK LOST THAT night, and it hurt ya'lls ****ing feelings. End of story. IU was totally classless b/c a bunch of ****ing college kids rushed the floor? **** that "get off my lawn" bullshit...You hated losing to IU, and 11 years later you;re still ****ing crying about it.

IU needed the UK game, under Knight? Why? KNight MADE IU a juggernaut-----he did that by winning 3 national titles, going unbeaten, winning 12 B10 titles, and over 700 games. If anyone needed a game then, it was UK-----Probation nearly broke that program, and if not for Pitino, you muther ****ers would be Morehead ****ing State.

are you glad UK and IU are playing?

*will be playing.

Uk has come back from all sorts of suck. still here. cant say the same for others.

giphy.gif

UK/IU rivalry > UNC/DUKE (medias standard)

i really like bordan, i think he likes me. we wont talk for probably a month before or after the game

hell at the time IU was rushing the floor for almost every win. IU fans were surprised they won and celebrated it.

also you're basically morehead st

playing off the vibe
Nowhere near Morehead St-----Silly to say so.

At the time of the UK win, Indiana was 9-0. I don't recall IU rushing the floor vs Butler, Gardner Webb, Chattanooga, Savannah St or Stony Brook...

UK/IU rivalry > UNC/DUKE (medias standard)

i really like bordan, i think he likes me. we wont talk for probably a month before or after the game
Like you a lot, bro----Good friend. BTW, I mailed your poster this morning.

And of course we'll talk----Just a game.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
you're awesome. tried to brag up the rivalry and you just splash me with greatness.
Just a basketball game....Not ;life or death----Certainly not something I;d quit talking to a friend over.

Bert needs to get over that game from 11 years ago----His hate for Indiana is unhealthy...

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
you're just being nice b/c you have ncaat scoreboard
I was told on RR that game didn't matter.....When asked, "who won when it mattered", I answered---"Both"----UK in 2012, IU in 2016. But the fella's over at RR told me that game in 2016 didn't matter----or have as much meaning, as the 2012 game----And that was b/c everyone knew UK had no chance of getting to a FF, etc, etc....

Okie, doke... 🤣

just g
I was told on RR that game didn't matter.....When asked, "who won when it mattered", I answered---"Both"----UK in 2012, IU in 2016. But the fella's over at RR told me that game in 2016 didn't matter----or have as much meaning, as the 2012 game----And that was b/c everyone knew UK had no chance of getting to a FF, etc, etc....

Okie, doke... 🤣
i quit going to peegs for the same view points. homoboarders are all the same.

I am sorry your little Indiana feeling are hurt by the truth.

I could have cared less about the Big 4 and UK does not need Knight to protect them. The Big 4 did not last long anyway. Without UK who would have been the Big 4? Notre Dame, IU, Cincinnati and Louisville? hehehe

What about Knight lying in his book about Kenny Walker, was that so he could protect UK? I know the truth about it, in fact I was involved in Kenny's recruitment. Knight sure as hell was not Kentucky's protector and did everything in his power to diminish Kentucky basketball.

And probation did not break UK. GEEZE Borden. UK came out swinging and left Indiana behind in its dust.

I am sorry your little Indiana feeling are hurt by the truth.

I could have cared less about the Big 4 and UK does not need Knight to protect them. The Big 4 did not last long anyway. Without UK who would have been the Big 4? Notre Dame, IU, Cincinnati and Louisville? hehehe

What about Knight lying in his book about Kenny Walker, was that so he could protect UK? I know the truth about it, in fact I was involved in Kenny's recruitment. Knight sure as hell was not Kentucky's protector and did everything in his power to diminish Kentucky basketball.

And probation did not break UK. GEEZE Borden. UK came out swinging and left Indiana behind in its dust.
1---My feelings aint hurt---I'm not the one on here throwing a temper tantrum over the renewal of a basketball series.

Here's the run down of the Big 4:

Not even Kentucky`s run-in with the NCAA could stop it. Two years ago, there was talk that because the Wildcats were on probation (and, therefore, not eligible for live TV), Hoosier Dome officials might cancel the contract. Instead, Indiana coach Bob Knight insisted on playing the Wildcats, TV or no TV.

The Big 4 was cancelled because CBS took over the rights, BUT, wasn't prepared to do TWO games, so....

Because Indiana and Kentucky ''can fill the building on their own,'' said DeLuca. ''That`s the feeling at both schools.''

What basically killed the Big 4 Bert was the Big 10 switching from ABC, to CBS. CBS only wanted to do ONE game----and guess who that ONE game was?

Yep, IU/UK. During the years of the Big 4 my friend, IU and UK were on even ground; MOF, IU was coming off a National title, and well, we know asides from 1984-86, the 80's weren't to kind to your Wildcats.

1980: 29-6---Lost in 2nd round
1981: 22-6----Lost in 2nd round
1982: 22-8---Lost in 1st round
1983:23-8---Lost in Elite 8
1984: 29-5---Lost in Final Four----UK played Regional semi's and Final @ Rupp.
985: 18-13---Lost SW 16
1986: 32-4--Lost in Elite 8: IMO one of the most overlooked UK teams of all-time. Had they beaten LSU, a team they had already beaten 3x's, would have met UL in the FF.
1987: 18-11---Lost 1st round
1988: 25-5---Lost SW 16-----Eventually vacated
1989: 13-19 ---No post-season

One FF---and that came on the heals of playing the regionals @ Rupp. Four times UK failed to get past 2nd round; twice losing in the 1st round. Missed the NCATT once.

Shit I could easily argue that BOTH Louisville AND Indiana were much better----especially Louisville. POint is Bert, UK didn't swing the big dick you think they did, back then.

I never said probation BROKE UK...I said, NEARLY. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth.

Lastly......

HAHAHAHAHAHAH---------IU and UK are gonna play again... 🤣 🤣 🤣

1---My feelings aint hurt---I'm not the one on here throwing a temper tantrum over the renewal of a basketball series.

Here's the run down of the Big 4:

Not even Kentucky`s run-in with the NCAA could stop it. Two years ago, there was talk that because the Wildcats were on probation (and, therefore, not eligible for live TV), Hoosier Dome officials might cancel the contract. Instead, Indiana coach Bob Knight insisted on playing the Wildcats, TV or no TV.

The Big 4 was cancelled because CBS took over the rights, BUT, wasn't prepared to do TWO games, so....

Because Indiana and Kentucky ''can fill the building on their own,'' said DeLuca. ''That`s the feeling at both schools.''

What basically killed the Big 4 Bert was the Big 10 switching from ABC, to CBS. CBS only wanted to do ONE game----and guess who that ONE game was?

Yep, IU/UK. During the years of the Big 4 my friend, IU and UK were on even ground; MOF, IU was coming off a National title, and well, we know asides from 1984-86, the 80's weren't to kind to your Wildcats.

1980: 29-6---Lost in 2nd round
1981: 22-6----Lost in 2nd round
1982: 22-8---Lost in 1st round
1983:23-8---Lost in Elite 8
1984: 29-5---Lost in Final Four----UK played Regional semi's and Final @ Rupp.
985: 18-13---Lost SW 16
1986: 32-4--Lost in Elite 8: IMO one of the most overlooked UK teams of all-time. Had they beaten LSU, a team they had already beaten 3x's, would have met UL in the FF.
1987: 18-11---Lost 1st round
1988: 25-5---Lost SW 16-----Eventually vacated
1989: 13-19 ---No post-season

One FF---and that came on the heals of playing the regionals @ Rupp. Four times UK failed to get past 2nd round; twice losing in the 1st round. Missed the NCATT once.

Shit I could easily argue that BOTH Louisville AND Indiana were much better----especially Louisville. POint is Bert, UK didn't swing the big dick you think they did, back then.

I never said probation BROKE UK...I said, NEARLY. Please refrain from putting words in my mouth.

Lastly......

HAHAHAHAHAHAH---------IU and UK are gonna play again... 🤣 🤣 🤣
Probation did break Indiana!

Do you need a list of Indiana post seasons or are you only interested in Kentucky's failures?

8<5.

IU will probably play UK again and it will be to Indiana's advantage or IU will not agree to it. I don't understand why UK can't grow a set of balls.

Probation did break Indiana!

Do you need a list of Indiana post seasons or are you only interested in Kentucky's failures?

8<5.

IU will probably play UK again and it will be to Indiana's advantage or IU will not agree to it. I don't understand why UK can't grow a set of balls.
Why are you moving the goal post/context?

So what about 8>5--thats not exactly breaking news.

why would IU not agree? Its the exact same ****ing offer Indiana offered 10 years ago... 🤣 🤣

I only listed the 80's Bert because its the time frame you chose----not me.

For me, I'm 100% content and secure about Indiana, where they are, where they were, and where they are (possibly) headed. I don't get upset about other programs success's----You seemingly do.

Kentucky is a GREAT basketball tradition---One that will be celebrated for years upon years. But thats not enough for you. You get extremely upset if someone OTHER than UK gets attention.

The series is GREAT for CBB,and GREAT for both schools, and fan bases...Unfortunately a few souls, like yourself, cannot get over a game played over a decade ago...

The series is GREAT for CBB,and GREAT for both schools, and fan bases...Unfortunately a few souls, like yourself, cannot get over a game played over a decade ago...
The series is not great for CBB.

It is bad for Kentucky because Kentucky has nothing to gain, just like the Louisville series that was forced on Kentucky by the State government.

The series is great for Indiana because they have nothing to lose. The IU fans love it because they can then polish the IU turd.

Shine on hoosiers. :D Polish that turd.

It is bad for Kentucky because Kentucky has nothing to gain, just like the Louisville series that was forced on Kentucky by the State government.

The series is great for Indiana because they have nothing to lose. The IU fans love it because they can then polish the IU turd.

I'm not gonna sweat the Whosiers, Bert. After a few ass kickings put upon them, they'll find the exit door on the series again. They're simply a relic. I work with a bit of a mouthy IU fan. He's been trying to hype up their recruiting with talk of 3 and 4 star dudes. Funny how I haven't heard from him after I mentioned that UK has 5 of the top 8 players next year.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
So is this actually going to happen or not?? I think most of the fault here is on Cal but I get it from his perspective. As a college basketball fan I want to see it though.

So is this actually going to happen or not?? I think most of the fault here is on Cal but I get it from his perspective. As a college basketball fan I want to see it though.
They've agreed "in principle" to resume the series starting in 2025-26. Guessing that means game on, but the details (venues, dates, etc.) haven't been determined yet.

They've agreed "in principle" to resume the series starting in 2025-26. Guessing that means game on, but the details (venues, dates, etc.) haven't been determined yet.

I would be very surprised if they ever play in Indiana as long as Cal is the coach so I would assume it is going to be neutral site stuff.

I would be very surprised if they ever play in Indiana as long as Cal is the coach so I would assume it is going to be neutral site stuff.
I assume they will schedule games at IU, but it will be after Cal is retired. They scheduled a 6-game series with Gonzaga but only the last game, in 2027, is at the Kennel. I don't think Cal plans to be around by then, hence why he agreed to schedule it. Starting in 2024-25 he's eligible to step down as coach and take a cushy "special assistant to the athletic director/university representative" gig for almost $1M a year. That's where the "lifetime" part of his contract takes effect.

I assume they will schedule games at IU, but it will be after Cal is retired. They scheduled a 6-game series with Gonzaga but only the last game, in 2027, is at the Kennel. I don't think Cal plans to be around by then, hence why he agreed to schedule it. Starting in 2024-25 he's eligible to step down as coach and take a cushy "special assistant to the athletic director/university representative" gig for almost $1M a year. That's where the "lifetime" part of his contract takes effect.
Has it be determined what Calipari's role at UK is after he retires? I've read something about it.

He loves how he's "built a brand" and wants to continue it. Something about more of an administrative role.

Speaking of which.

Sad thing is, you are much smarter than this----But your hate for IU overshadows your intelligence.

To say a game vs Indiana is bad for UK is ridiculous----and deep down, you know this. Not sure what you mean by, "IU has nothing to lose"---After all, Indiana has won 2 of the past 3 meetings-----and we have actually won a tournament game in the past two years-----and haven't had a losing season.

I'm not gonna sweat the Whosiers, Bert. After a few ass kickings put upon them, they'll find the exit door on the series again. They're simply a relic. I work with a bit of a mouthy IU fan. He's been trying to hype up their recruiting with talk of 3 and 4 star dudes. Funny how I haven't heard from him after I mentioned that UK has 5 of the top 8 players next year.
And whats all those stud recruits gotten you lately----What, back to back Bahama National titles?

• Sad
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Has it be determined what Calipari's role at UK is after he retires? I've read something about it.

He loves how he's "built a brand" and wants to continue it. Something about more of an administrative role.

Speaking of which.

I assume his role will be whatever he wants it to be. He could sit on his ass and collect a paycheck for the rest of his life if he wants, but he strikes me as someone that would want to remain hands on in some fashion, similar to what K is doing. But, how hands on he can be might also depend on the coach(es) that come after him. Not everyone is going to be willing to give him free rein over the program to make decisions that would normally be made by the head coach.

I assume his role will be whatever he wants it to be. He could sit on his ass and collect a paycheck for the rest of his life if he wants, but he strikes me as someone that would want to remain hands on in some fashion, similar to what K is doing. But, how hands on he can be might also depend on the coach(es) that come after him. Not everyone is going to be willing to give him free rein over the program to make decisions that would normally be made by the head coach.
Wasn't it Mike Pratt who hired Calipari?

@Bert Higginbotha

Absolutely.

Sad thing is, you are much smarter than this----But your hate for IU overshadows your intelligence.

To say a game vs Indiana is bad for UK is ridiculous----and deep down, you know this. Not sure what you mean by, "IU has nothing to lose"---After all, Indiana has won 2 of the past 3 meetings-----and we have actually won a tournament game in the past two years-----and haven't had a losing season.
I stick with my statements.

I may be dumb but I have a memory of how arrogant Crean and their AD were. Never forget.

ADVERTISEMENT