ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky guys. Who here is from Owensboro?

any BBQ you decide to stop at around Monroe/Cumberland county or clay county Tennessee

Hamiltons BBQ in Cumberland county

Backyard BBQ or R&S BBQ in Monroe county

I like to cook a Boston butt on the Weber grill (charcoal and wood chunks) for about 4 1/2hrs or until you can pull the bone out with a finger and a thumb.

Before I cook it, I coat it with slap ya mama.

sym_cajunseasoning-400px_grande.png

The I pull it apart with some bear claws.

bear-paws-meat-claws-pulled-pork-shredder.jpg

And I am not too partial to a particular barbecue sauce necessary, we switch it up. But I like Georges hot barbecue sauce best I think.

GUEST_bd72f6b9-993b-4867-80fa-88ab252f60e9

This reminds me one of the block or charge videos Rex Chapman has up. When he ain't stealing **** he is pretty active on Twitter. Many of them are funny but the one with the dude getting smashed by two different bulls is great.

This reminds me one of the block or charge videos Rex Chapman has up. When he ain't stealing **** he is pretty active on Twitter. Many of them are funny but the one with the dude getting smashed by two different bulls is great.
I'm on the side of recovering addicts. Rex has actually blocked me on twitter(he's a grade A pompous asshole), but Im happy for his sobriety.

I'm on the side of recovering addicts. Rex has actually blocked me on twitter(he's a grade A pompous asshole), but Im happy for his sobriety.

Oh, I was just trying to be funny with that. He is quite a prick in some ways (seems so on the radio at least) but still probably uncalled for. My bad. His Tweets can be funny though.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I like to cook a Boston butt on the Weber grill (charcoal and wood chunks) for about 4 1/2hrs or until you can pull the bone out with a finger and a thumb.

And I am not too partial to a particular barbecue sauce necessary, we switch it up. But I like Georges hot barbecue sauce best I think.

I just might have to give this a try tomorrow.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Oh, I was just trying to be funny with that. He is quite a prick in some ways (seems so on the radio at least) but still probably uncalled for. My bad. His Tweets can be funny though.

Damn, you listen to UK on the radio?

Let me know and it’ll be on me

Everybody just come on down/up/over to Burkesville and myself and ThroughBlue will treat you to some Hamilton’s BBQ!! Even you Sugar Tits, come on down and bring your wife. I’ll buy hers since it won’t cost anything!:D I’m joking, come on down bud I’ll buy yours!

[/U]Everybody just come on down/up/over to Burkesville and myself and ThroughBlue will treat you to some Hamilton’s BBQ!! Even you Sugar Tits, come on down and bring your wife. I’ll buy hers since it won’t cost anything!:D I’m joking, come on down bud I’ll buy yours!
In.My family lives close to there.

No. The Zone has interviewed him a few times.
That the Knoxville one? I listen to it on occasion. I like to flip around on iHesrt between Lexington, Louisville, Cincinnati, Knoxville and Columbus sports radio through the day at work.

Ok I'm trying this on Saturday. Have you tried the hot version of Slap Ya Mama?

IMG_20190226_151624.jpg

Edit: the BBQ sauce comes tomorrow.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Ok I'm trying this on Saturday. Have you tried the hot version of Slap Ya Mama?

IMG_20190226_151624.jpg

Edit: the BBQ sauce comes tomorrow.
Awesome! I did not know there was a hot version of slap ya mama. It is already pretty spicy. But I like hot stuff. Be careful though. It's easy to over do. I don't mean over do too hot. But just it can be overpowering. The first time I used it, I did it like a dry rub and it was like snorting pepper.

*slap ya mama is really good on chicken wings too. Pork chops, everything you put spices on.

Reactions: sgrooms
I always thought a restaurant that cooked pork/mutton in different sauces, like a wings place, would be amazing. Buffalo, honey BBQ, spicy BBQ, spicy garlic, parmesan, etc... I don't know of a place like that, but I'd be their #1 customer if there was one..

I heard about Moonlite for maybe a decade before I had a chance to go. Totally satisfied with hype after going. Any place with good BBQ served buffet style with very southern side you can think of is an A in my book. But now I hear from Owensboronian hipsters who claim some place I can’t remember on other side of town has better BBQ. Hard to believe.

ADVERTISEMENT