ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky/Davidson and Arizona/Buffalo are Virtual Pick 'Em Games

Interesting, I was just going by the eye test; it seemed like Tennessee missed a bunch of open looks yesterday.

Davidson is a better 3 point shooting team than any squad in the ACC.

Davidson and KU are about on the same line shooting 3's
KU shoots a slightly higher percentage
Davidson shots about 1 more per game

the difference is Davidson does not have the great overall talent KU has

i think Davidson will hang in the game and in the second half start falling behind UK

Yeah that had a lot more to do with our offense being paraplegic most of the season than teams competing well against our length on Defense.
It wouldn’t have anything to do with UKs scoring defense ranking 126 giving up 70.3 ppg?

It wouldn’t have anything to do with UKs scoring defense ranking 126 giving up 70.3 ppg?
Like he said, scoring defense is a useless stat, it basically shows tempo. But, while we're on the subject, guess who is 196th in scoring defense... Another flame fail on your part, congrats.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Like he said, scoring defense is a useless stat, it basically shows tempo. But, while we're on the subject, guess who is 196th in scoring defense... Another flame fail on your part, congrats.
I never said teams had problems scoring on Carolina. Glad you’re so interested in me & my post.
Since we’re on the subject of stats. I find it amazing that UK fans cry about the refs constantly but have shot the 4th most free throws in the country.

I never said teams had problems scoring on Carolina. Glad you’re so interested in me & my post.
Since we’re on the subject of stats. I find it amazing that UK fans cry about the refs constantly but have shot the 4th most free throws in the country.
Would've never guessed that for a team that is ranked 334th in 3-pt FG attempts. Good lookin' out! I already explained to you how FT disparity works. Don't make me do it again.

Would've never guessed that for a team that is ranked 334th in 3-pt FG attempts. Good lookin' out! I already explained to you how FT disparity works. Don't make me do it again.
But yet your fans cry every game about the refs being against them. I wish Carolina got the whistle that UK did.

it could very well happen
Davidson is under seated
UK will only be a 5-6 point favorite

i know nothing about Buffalo, so no comment
How is Davidson under seeded? Or "seated" as you state? They are 20-11. 13 of those wins are against sub-150 teams. Best wins are St. Bonnie twice and RHode Island. They went 7-6 in the non-conference(SOS was 112). They have four sub-150 losses; Richmond(181) twice...App. State(250) and Hawaii(212).

Had they not won their conference tourney, they wouldn't even had made the NIT.

But to you they are under seeded?

Ok.

But yet your fans cry every game about the refs being against them. I wish Carolina got the whistle that UK did.
Yep, you got it. Millions of UK fans and every single one complains about officiating. Millions of UNC fans and not a single one complains about officiating. You have it all figured out.

Reactions: treyforuk
How is Davidson under seeded? Or "seated" as you state? They are 20-11. 13 of those wins are against sub-150 teams. Best wins are St. Bonnie twice and RHode Island. They went 7-6 in the non-conference(SOS was 112). They have four sub-150 losses; Richmond(181) twice...App. State(250) and Hawaii(212).

Ok.
Every year every team UK has to play is under seeded, they get the hardest bracket every year.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Yep, you got it. Millions of UK fans and every single one complains about officiating. Millions of UNC fans and not a single one complains about officiating. You have it all figured out.
1st thing you’ve got got right all day, congratulations.

Got damn @uncfan in ky, you should get your hate for UK surgically removed, it’s unbecoming. Did the entire UK basketball team take your long lost love years ago?

Ok.

Yeah. I kind of think Davidson is being overly hyped. I've seen McKillip being built up too.

And he has done well at Davidson to make the tourney as often as he has. But he has 3 tourney wins. All in the same season. When he had a sophomore steph curry. Arguably one of the top 5 current players in the world.

And I don't get why people think teams taking a bunch of threes against us and missing them bodes well for a team that takes a bunch of 3's.

seems like 3fg defense would be more relevant the bigger the sample size.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Yeah. I kind of think Davidson is being overly hyped. I've seen McKillip being built up too.

And he has done well at Davidson to make the tourney as often as he has. But he has 3 tourney wins. All in the same season. When he had a sophomore steph curry. Arguably one of the top 5 current players in the world.

And I don't get why people think teams taking a bunch of threes against us and missing them bodes well for a team that takes a bunch of 3's.

seems like 3fg defense would be more relevant the bigger the sample size.
Yeah, Davidson isn't very good. Not even an NIT team.......I would be shocked if they beat UK. Shocked if they stay within 15 TBH. Of course, if they are hitting three's, then a different story. But I think this is a terrible match-up for Davidson. They depend on the three. UK defends it pretty good. And just that, but they are looooooooong. I can see a ton of run-outs coming for UK.

As is 3 point FG defense.

Lmao
Do tell how 3FG% defense is a useless stat. Especially in comparison to points per game.

It's literally a percentage of 3 pointers that teams are able to hit against you on average. It does not depend on pace whatsoever. Points allowed per game though? Pace is by far the biggest factor.

Meanwhile, Kentucky on the season has allowed 40.7% FG percentage, which is 17th in the nation. Past 3 games (SEC tournament), UK has allowed 34.7% FG percentage (7th in the nation, 1st among power conferences).

As a poster previously mentioned, defense was never the huge issue for UK. Vanderbilt was out for half the season, Quade Green went down with a back injury and took a while to get back into form, so the offense struggled (if you can imagine, when your previously starting point guard went down). Green got back into form, and now over the past 3 games, Kentucky has been hitting 51% from the field, 47.1%, and a 1.200 offensive efficiency (7th in the nation, 2nd among power conferences behind Villanova). All this while playing 3 teams who were top 15 in defensive efficiency prior to playing UK (Alabama was top 10, Tennessee was #3 in the nation).

So, UK has been playing with the best FG% defense, and the 2nd most efficient offense in the country (among the power conferences). UK had its faults this season, but you've not been paying attention to UK enough to know why UK was losing, and why they're playing so well right now.

Reactions: KYFanInAL
Browsing around Twitter, I just seen this little stat as well, which I thought was kind of nuts.

Amazing how some post in every UK thread just to complain about UK fans. o_O
Weird..Thought this thread also pertained to AZ............

Note: Your coach is the biggest whiner of all.

"They(NCAA) ain't gonna make it easy for us". Well no shit John. Your a god damn 5 seed. Plus its the NCAAt. It ain't suppose to be easy. Especially when your a 5 seed.

"When you under seed teams..............."

How were you under seeded? You finished 10-8 in conference play(4th). Went 1-4 vs RPI Top 25 teams. What seed should you have been John----------A four?

Man he can be annoying. But its who he is. He knows BBN will feed on this. As will his kids. Annoying........but pure genius. Dude's a motivating, marketing wiz. That is for sure.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Every year UK plays some mid major in the tournament whose hyped up to be the next Gonzaga. I remember when people made god damned Cornell out to be the greatest Ivy team in the history of the US. Not saying UK is a lock, but Id honestly be more concerned with playing an Ole Miss or LSU

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure teams have competed just fine this year against that length.

So, the point was, with a huge roster, you're going to force the opposing teams to shoot (and ultimately make) more 3's.

But, you clearly missed that point.

I have Zona winning but Davidson knocking off UK. This is partially because I think Davidson has a chance and partially because I enjoy cheering against Kentucky :)

For the people saying that Davidson is not a very good team, they're 43rd based on KenPom. Sagarin has them lower (53rd), but that's mostly due to them not playing very well earlier in the year. Sagarin "Recent" has them as the 13th best team in the country. So it's not like they are Gonzaga, but they're also not the poor team they are being made out to be by some people.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
USMC Cat told this board the Pac-whatever is a garbage conference.

There's a reason Zona hasn't played a real team in three months.

First real team they're played since Dec 5 and they get smoked. Not surprising.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
This thread aged well. I did think Zona would be more competitive tonight. Winking

I think Davidson earned the respect of all UK fans tonight too.

Well, UK played pretty meh overall and was outscored by 33 from the three point line and they were up 10 with a minute left...
Arizona went through the motions and Buffalo played great. That was a straight ass kicking.
You also said the Bonnie's world beat Florida so 1/3 isn't too bad I guess.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
This thread aged well. I did think Zona would be more competitive tonight. Winking

I think Davidson earned the respect of all UK fans tonight too.

I’ll give you props on getting one of those picks right, but Davidson looked (physically) and played like a bid thief. They had a kid hit 6/7, 3s with a hand in his face, in a single half, and still should have lost by double digits, on a night where UK really didn’t play that great. There was never a point where anyone watching thought, “damn, these teams are evenly matched”.

Buffalo also shot out of their f***ing minds most of their game with Zona, but that had a lot to do with Zona’s perimeter D (and not UK’s).

Y all are over thinking it. Come Saturday it'll be UK-Zona.
Guess I was wrong.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT