ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky @ Auburn

Nah, 2011 final 4.
UK vs UConn.
Darius Miller walls up behind Shabazz Napier. Napier throws himself forward on the floor.
Ref standing right there (guess which ref) blew his whistle and called a foul.
It just doesn't get any worse than that.
That particular official shoukd never be allowed to officiate high level games.
That game definitely stands out as one of the more terribly officiated games Ive watched, and it was even more irksome due to the stakes at hand.

All that being said, it didnt bother me for too long because I felt like we were playing with house mo ey even being there with that sqaud. It doesnt excuse the crap officiating that night, we couldnt catch a break, but we were lucky to be in the Final 4 that season.

This years team has enough talent to make a run, been frustratef with some of our struggles but we are game by game getting better and better. All bets are off on this squad if this growth curve continues.

Nah, 2011 final 4.
UK vs UConn.
Darius Miller walls up behind Shabazz Napier. Napier throws himself forward on the floor.
Ref standing right there (guess which ref) blew his whistle and called a foul.
It just doesn't get any worse than that.
That particular official shoukd never be allowed to officiate high level games.
Not just some ref. Last name rhymes with Wiggins.

Let’s be honest here, both BP and Cal aren’t exactly angels when it comes to their past. Call BP what you want but Cal is his equal, morally speaking, coach wise Cal is clearly better. Anyone who says different is obviously biased.
Cal has never been fired for lying to the NCAA and committing NCAA violations.

That game definitely stands out as one of the more terribly officiated games Ive watched, and it was even more irksome due to the stakes at hand.

All that being said, it didnt bother me for too long because I felt like we were playing with house mo ey even being there with that sqaud. It doesnt excuse the crap officiating that night, we couldnt catch a break, but we were lucky to be in the Final 4 that season.

This years team has enough talent to make a run, been frustratef with some of our struggles but we are game by game getting better and better. All bets are off on this squad if this growth curve continues.
If you get that type of play from Herro----Oh, boy. He IMO, at least offensively , puts UK at another level. Now, can you get him to be a consistent threat? If so....definite FF potential. IF not....SW16 type of team...Maybe elite 8. But IMO Herro takes you guys to another level offensively.

Cal has never been fired for lying to the NCAA and committing NCAA violations.
You’re right he hasn’t. Cal is a saint, he’s never had any issues at any of his stops in college basketball, he’s always done everything by the book.

UK lost that game by 1 IIRC. I also don't think UK got there by luck. Beat the overall #1 seed Ohio State, then beat the 2 seed North Carolina.
UK more than earned that trip to the FF and should have taken UConn out.

You’re right he hasn’t. Cal is a saint, he’s never had any issues at any of his stops in college basketball, he’s always done everything by the book.
Can you please tell me what Cal did to be put in the same category as Bruce Pearl? What did he do that was dishonest or crooked?

Reactions: catman111
Can you please tell me what Cal did to be put in the same category as Bruce Pearl? What did he do that was dishonest or crooked?
Every school he’s been at besides UK he’s left it with the NCAA doing something to that program. I’d love to have coach cal he’s an amazing coach, I could care less about his checkered past/reputation. BP lied about a fvcking BBQ. Now that stuff when he was at Iowa was a POS move for sure, but honestly i don’t care what he did there, CBB is and always will be crooked AF. All I’m saying is it’s laughable that UK fans can murder BP(some of it is deserved)but think Cal is so honest and his character is impeccable.

Every school he’s been at besides UK he’s left it with the NCAA doing something to that program. I’d love to have coach cal he’s an amazing coach, I could care less about his checkered past/reputation. BP lied about a fvcking BBQ. Now that stuff when he was at Iowa was a POS move for sure, but honestly i don’t care what he did there, CBB is and always will be crooked AF. All I’m saying is it’s laughable that UK fans can murder BP(some of it is deserved)but think Cal is so honest and his character is impeccable.
I actually like BP, don't have a bad thing to say about him. Love it when a guy gives effort and heart, that dude does it in spades.

But you need to stay on topic with me here. Tell Me what Cal did to leave Memphis and UMass in trouble.
What did HE (John Calipari) do that caused the messes?

Doesn't Auburn lead the SEC in NCAA major violations/sanctions? Just a thought.

Auburn flopped more than any team I've seen all season. I like Pearl, but it's just embarrassing to coach that way.
Cannot lower your shoulder, and try and go through people. Regardless of how the defense reacts---its still a foul. How bad the contact is, doesn't dictate if its a foul or not. I had a coach tell me the other night---"He flopped". I said---"Yes, yes he did. Hell of a show he put on. But it doesn't take away from the fact that your kid lowered his shoulder, and tried to go through him." Its still a foul.

I get that. But when you fly 5 feet away from that it's a flop. Happened multiple times. Don't blame the players as much as the ref making the stupid call.
But still a foul.

The flagrant was one of the worst calls I have ever seen, for sure. The flops were a little excessive too, but it worked for them.
The flagrant was shocking. And TBH, a coward call. The officials knew if they didn't call an F1 there, they were probably gonna have to run Pearl. So they took the easy way out. I'm surprised too, b/c I've worked with one of those guys. And he's staunch on following the letter on this type of stuff.

I actually like BP, don't have a bad thing to say about him. Love it when a guy gives effort and heart, that dude does it in spades.

But you need to stay on topic with me here. Tell Me what Cal did to leave Memphis and UMass in trouble.
What did HE (John Calipari) do that caused the messes?
Technically nothing, so my argument is kind of
pointless I guess. He’s just had a lot of stuff happen at every place he’s ever been, but you’re right he’s never been directly implicated and claimed to be unaware. Reminds me of what happened last year at AU with Chuck Person going behind BP back, I know everyone gives BP the benefit of the doubt on that.

Doesn't Auburn lead the SEC in NCAA major violations/sanctions? Just a thought.
Oh yeah we are right up there with Bama, Oklahoma and others in regards to Major sanctions for sure. If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying though IMO. It’s been a while since we’ve been in trouble though. We almost got in trouble with Cam but we’ve become so good at it our compliance found a loophole and we were only found guilty in the court of public opinion, and let’s be honest here nobody gives 2 fvcks about that.

Oh yeah we are right up there with Bama, Oklahoma and others in regards to Major sanctions for sure. If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying though IMO. It’s been a while since we’ve been in trouble though. We almost got in trouble with Cam but we’ve become so good at it our compliance found a loophole and we were only found guilty in the court of public opinion, and let’s be honest here nobody gives 2 fvcks about that.
None of us do, you're right. Which is why it's worth noting when you try to sling shit at us about Calipari. If Stidham took money this season, is that Gus' fault? Of course not. So why is it Cal's that Camby did it at UMass. If he had someone take his SATs for him, would that be Gus' fault as well? If it were facilitated by the university then there might be some traction to that stuff.

Reactions: dijjion
Because he acts like a complete and utter moron fir every fvcking second of the game.

And he spent half he game waving his hands to try and get the crowd going.
Lol he’s trying to bring energy to fan base that hasn’t given 2 fvcks about basketball for 100 years and that classifies him as a moron? BP has made his living off being charismatic, engaging, (cheating and lying if you’re so inclined to believe), his marketing ability is unreal. Dude turned a historically pathetic program into a somewhat relevant program, zfg what he had to do to accomplish that. I’d act like a moron too for that amount of $, on second thought I wouldn’t have to act.

Technically nothing, so my argument is kind of
pointless I guess. He’s just had a lot of stuff happen at every place he’s ever been, but you’re right he’s never been directly implicated and claimed to be unaware. Reminds me of what happened last year at AU with Chuck Person going behind BP back, I know everyone gives BP the benefit of the doubt on that.
Bottom line is D. Rose wouldn't talk to the NCAA and he let Memphis fry for things he probably did.

Camby took money from an agent.

I'm not sure what Cal did wrong in either case, but it's his reputation that took the hit. Nobody looks at Camby or Rose like they look at Cal.

Last edited:
Lol he’s trying to bring energy to fan base that hasn’t given 2 fvcks about basketball for 100 years and that classifies him as a moron? BP has made his living off being charismatic, engaging, (cheating and lying if you’re so inclined to believe), his marketing ability is unreal. Dude turned a historically pathetic program into a somewhat relevant program, zfg what he had to do to accomplish that. I’d act like a moron too for that amount of $, on second thought I wouldn’t have to act.

If you’re ranked 14th in the country, got a packed house (tshirt game) with UK in town, and ESPN in the house and your coach is cheerleading/imploring the crowd to get loud then your program is in deep shit anyway. Might as well shut it down. Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT