ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas State is in the market

Selton Miguel and Dajuan Gordon for sure. Sneed wasn’t quite within 5 years but he’s another. Malek Harris a little further back.

Then there’s Wade and a few others that were just outside the top 100.

Yes, Huggins had connections. They all have connections. LOL if you think Beasley wasn’t paid.
Like I said before, the 4 stars he got in years past, were busts, specifically Harris (legal troubles and just a bust), Miguel was a 4 star, #107 on National Signing Day, we'll see on him. Dajuan Gordon, #144 on National Signing Day, bust.

Sneed is the exception out of that group. #93 on NSD, and was a top of the line 3 and D guy, not so much a top 2 scorer. So outside of Sneed, these other players had coaches back off and that's what we got, since we were their top option left.

Dean Wade ranked 106 on NSD.

Oh I know for sure Beasley had benefits. He made money while he was here. I doubt he ever had to pay for anything. It's hilarious, he was practically a king.

Like I said before, the 4 stars he got in years past, were busts, specifically Harris (legal troubles and just a bust), Miguel was a 4 star, #107 on National Signing Day, we'll see on him. Dajuan Gordon, #144 on National Signing Day, bust.

Sneed is the exception out of that group. #93 on NSD, and was a top of the line 3 and D guy, not so much a top 2 scorer. So outside of Sneed, these other players had coaches back off and that's what we got, since we were their top option left.

Dean Wade ranked 106 on NSD.

Oh I know for sure Beasley had benefits. He made money while he was here. I doubt he ever had to pay for anything. It's hilarious, he was practically a king.
Being busts doesn’t remove them from the conversation of possible benefits. De Sousa was a total bust for KU.

tomcrean.0.0.jpg

Either one?

Bruce and his assistants have St. Louis ties from their days at SIU, and they have continued to recruit St. Louis. If you have to wonder why they got Chicago players, then I'll pray for you.
So just because somebody has "ties" they don't recruit dirty kids? Yeah keep tootin that horn. I didn't say I wonder why they got Chicago players numb nuts. I said I wonder how many Chicago and St Louis kids he signed there. Those two areas are notorious for shady kids. If you play aau ball in those areas and are sought after, you more than likely have recieved something. This also coming from fans of a team that had bill walker, Mitch richmond and Michael Beasley. There have been others.

So just because somebody has "ties" they don't recruit dirty kids? Yeah keep tootin that horn. I didn't say I wonder why they got Chicago players numb nuts. I said I wonder how many Chicago and St Louis kids he signed there. Those two areas are notorious for shady kids. If you play aau ball in those areas and are sought after, you more than likely have recieved something. This also coming from fans of a team that had bill walker, Mitch richmond and Michael Beasley. There have been others.
Oh so now you are being racist calling chicago and st louis kids shady. smh smh, jk

I know when they are being paid. Right now, if they are being paid, we are being fleeced. They don't deserve more than a full ride, besides Pack.

Nothin’ personal, man, KSU is just pretty clearly a step down regardless of where the guy went to undergrad years ago. ;)
Kstate is literally a better basketball school, don't even try that "sleeping giant" stuff

Also

Last edited:
Kstate is literally a better basketball school, don't even try that "sleeping giant" stuff

And there was a private flight from Willard Airport in Champaign to Manhattan Airport this morning :)
In what universe? Lol. You have a great history … but it’s not better than ours. The fact you’ll always be the tiniest brother to KU in a state with nothing for talent doesn’t help.

Reactions: RustyTrambone
In what universe? Lol. You have a great history … but it’s not better than ours. The fact you’ll always be the tiniest brother to KU in a state with nothing for talent doesn’t help.
Kstate has....
better college town
better fan base
better facilities
more elite eights
more sweet sixteens
same amount of tournament appearances
same amount of national runner ups
better coaching history
more conference titles in a better conference

illinois has....
chicago
more capital
a more recent final four

Last edited:
We can't compete with Big 10 money. Also can't argue the economics of the sport put us at a competitive disadvantage today. But our history is as good or better than yours. If you really want to do side by side comparisons I'm game.

Hell... The pinned rankings of the 50 top programs puts us several spots above Illinois at the top of this page.

I’d be shocked if Underwood left Illinois for Kansas State but coaching changes can be unpredictable.

What other names are Kansas State looking at?

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I’d be shocked if Underwood left Illinois for Kansas State but coaching changes can be unpredictable.

What other names are Kansas State looking at?
Grant McCasland from North Texas. Baylor assistant Jerome Tang, Florida assistant Erik Pastrana. A few others but Underwood is obviously the big fish.

Reactions: duckboy33
His press conference and bringing up the FBI was laughably petty. Dude got his a$$ pummeled by Self, year in and year out. Lost to Kansas 3 times in the same yr the season they shared the title with us. He sounded like a total C you next tuesday.
KU is the most penalized school in NCAA history. The hammer is going to drop soon on them and I expect the postseason ban to be multiple years.

Reactions: Dan Vet
Rivals shows several top 100 recruits from the last 5 or so years. Pack isn't even one of them.

And you certainly had several in the Martin/Huggins years. Were they dirty?

W Beasley ksu dipped their little toe in the pool KU has been doing laps in since Chamberlains cars and cash, since Danny Mannings bus driving dad was an assist coach, since Mario Chalmers dad Ronnie became KUs warm towel and dry socks Director

W Beasley ksu dipped their little toe in the pool KU has been doing laps in since Chamberlains cars and cash, since Danny Mannings bus driving dad was an assist coach, since Mario Chalmers dad Ronnie became KUs warm towel and dry socks Director

Hiring a relative might be frowned upon, but it isn't a violation. Yes, Chamberlain was paid. I don't bury my head and hide from the facts like most.

I thought you were a Kentucky fan?

talk about efficient! Manning= Championship; Mario:Championship; Wilt: 20,000! & triple OT title game runner up...

Reactions: Catilac
Kstate has....
better college town
better fan base
better facilities
more elite eights
more sweet sixteens
same amount of tournament appearances
same amount of national runner ups
better coaching history
more conference titles in a better conference

illinois has....