ADVERTISEMENT

Just watched a Pac-12 game

Pac-12 may not necessarily have a front-runner, a team that has great odds at reaching the Elite 8. But, I think Oregon, USC, Colorado, and UCLA are all good enough to advance to the Sweet 16 without any major upsets. USC is still the team with the highest potential, IMO. They're the tallest team in the country - lots of length and athleticism to frustrate most offenses.

Posted this on Selection Sunday. This actually aged very well.

I admittedly didn't watch a lot of west coast basketball this year, that league has returned from the dead and even if they don't get someone to the final 4, its good to know some balance to the west coast may be restored so that Gonzaga doesn't just float to the 1 seed every year.

Reactions: duckboy33
What's kind of crazy is Arizona was not considered at all for an at-large bid.

Net Ranking: 44
KenPom: 31
Sagarin Ratings: 40
BartTorvik: 26
Conference Record: 11-9

If you look on bracketmatrix, you'll see Arizona isn't even one of the 20-odd schools that didn't receive an at-large bid, but were included in the field by at least one bracketologist. Not one. And yet, they had a record north of .500 in league play, and they were a top 50 team by every metric out there.

What's kind of crazy is Arizona was not considered at all for an at-large bid.

Net Ranking: 44
KenPom: 31
Sagarin Ratings: 40
BartTorvik: 26
Conference Record: 11-9

If you look on bracketmatrix, you'll see Arizona isn't even one of the 20-odd schools that didn't receive an at-large bid, but were included in the field by at least one bracketologist. Not one. And yet, they had a record north of .500 in league play, and they were a top 50 team by every metric out there.

Arizona was on a self-imposed postseason ban. I think they would have been in the field if they weren't

Arizona was on a self-imposed postseason ban. I think they would have been in the field if they weren't

Gotcha. I completely missed that. Seems like a lot of the schools that get in trouble don't even get a postseason ban (i.e. LSU). Obviously a big distinction is some schools simply self-impose.

My 2 teams still in it. FSU and UCLA. Could meet in the 8. Sorry Bruins, I was a John Wooden fan. Got to pull for Noles if it happens.

I think it would be awesome to eventually establish more in season tournaments that are a mix of conferences. Every east coast team would love to spend a weekend in LA, west coast teams would love going out to MSG, just seems like we're missing the opportunity to have some great games(sans-COVID)

When Oregon State wins the auto bid, it kind of proves how bad the conference is as a whole. OSU beat 3 of the top 4 teams to win it too. Pac-12 probably won't have any teams in the top 25 poll on Monday. They had Colorado #23 and USC #24 this week.
Nice try, Kevin.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT